GDT: Ducks @ Hawks 3/21/24 9pm NBC sports Chicago (Duck Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Nobody. And the team was way more competitive. That's badddd.
Because they had more talent. . . I don't get how that's bad a better team was better than this team.

People who were bashing Toews way too much last year seemed excessive. Yeah he was gassed late in some games. He'd be the 2nd best forward on this team.

Caleb Jones was hated by tons of people. Would anyone say he was worse than Tinordi? Honestly still? That team was better.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It was quite literally year one of the rebuild, so no one.

This year they have 4-5 guys that they should be developing, and the team is far worse. How can you say players in the prospect pool aren't NHL ready? There are literally young guys that don't dress who are better than guys who dress regularly every night. I'd take either of Kaiser or Phillips over Tinordi on any given night. AINEC.
How does being better than a player not good at the nhl make you nhl ready?

The bar of if you think a guy is NHL ready can't be, he's better than a player who would be bad in the AHL. It needs to be a neutral spot.

That is what causes rushing vs developing.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
How does being better than a player not good at the nhl make you nhl ready?

The bar of if you think a guy is NHL ready can't be, he's better than a player who would be bad in the AHL. It needs to be a neutral spot.

That is what causes rushing vs developing.
Phillips and Kaiser have both shown that they're capable at the NHL level. They could both be getting NHL time DEVELOPING, but the coach dresses a f***ing pylon every night instead of either of them... what's your reasoning for that?

In all honesty, I'm fine with Richardson dressing the garbage most nights, at this point. Less chance of him ruining players because he's f***ing clueless. Fire him into the sun, and find a coach who actually knows wtf he's doing with young players as soon as the season ends. Because next year you probably have anywhere from 6-8 players on this roster under the age of 22, and I don't want this clueless meatball anywhere near any of them.

Hell, you can even make the argument that he's hindering Bedard's development at this point. Not playing in critical situations. Not taking more than a handful of draws(and mostly in the neutral zone) at any given point even though he's a C. Letting f***ing Seth Jones QB the PP instead of Bedard or KK. He's actively hurting this team and the young players on a daily basis.

Last edited:

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
His qualifications are being a bottom pairing defenseman for years. Nonsense.
i mean, that’s not even true. i’ve been over this history on this very board. he was playing top pairing minutes at a very young age, and in the playoffs no less. not that it’s relevant. my post was written specifically to get across my ambivalence towards LR as a coach (coaches are not, in fact, paid to watch games, but for the results he’s getting it might as well be all he’s doing), as well as my frustration with his most virulent detractors’ repetitive drivel. criticizing coaching decisions is fine. just saying “he’s stupid” over and over is lazy and childish in the extreme.

and perish the thought that someone might think i am trying to tone police here. be as mean and ill mannered as you want, i’m here for it. just don’t be lazy in your discourtesy is all i ask.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pez68

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
here’s a game where career bottom pair defenseman luke richardson is on the ice for the opening faceoff against wayne gretzky in a playoff game btw. he’s 23. what a plug. just look at how he gets rubbed off the puck by marty mcsorley.

again, has nothing to do with whether or not he’s a good coach. it just goes to show that saying whatever because it feels right to you and might make it look like you’re actually saying something really makes you look like a buffoon.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
i mean, that’s not even true. i’ve been over this history on this very board. he was playing top pairing minutes at a very young age, and in the playoffs no less. not that it’s relevant. my post was written specifically to get across my ambivalence towards LR as a coach (coaches are not, in fact, paid to watch games) as well as my frustration with his most virulent detractors’ repetitive drivel. criticizing coaching decisions is fine. just saying “he’s stupid” over and over is lazy and childish in the extreme.

and perish the thought that someone might think i am trying to tone police here. be as mean and ill mannered as you want, i’m here for it. just don’t be lazy in your discourtesy is all i ask.
Luke Richardson spent the better part of his career as a bottom pairing D... and some of his prime years as maybe a below average middle pairing guy that provided like zero offense. He had 2000 PIMS in 1400 games. He was a career -119. He had triple digit PIMS almost every season of his career, was regularly a negative player, and only eclipsed 20 points a single time in his 14 years in the NHL. He was... a bottom pairing D that punched faces a lot, and got punched in the face a lot. He had 126 fighting majors in his 14 years in the league. For all intents and purposes, yes, he was a bottom pairing D for the vast majority of his career.

Marcus Kruger regularly matched up against other team's top lines. Does that mean he was a top line C?

Reactions: hawksrule and Pez68

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Luke Richardson spent the better part of his career as a bottom pairing D... and some of his prime years as maybe a below average middle pairing guy. He had 2000 PIMS in 1400 games. He was a career -119. He had triple digit PIMS almost every season of his career, was regularly a negative player, and only eclipsed 20 points a single time in his 14 years in the NHL. He was... a bottom pairing D that punched faces a lot, and got punched in the face a lot. He had 126 fighting majors in his 14 years in the league.
masterwork of statswatching right here, boiling down a 14 year nhl career to six points of data with no context, three of which just signify “he took more penalties than people do today”. hat’s off to you, game recognizes game.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
masterwork of statswatching right here, boiling down a 14 year nhl career to six points of data with no context, three of which just signify “he took more penalties than people do today”. hat’s off to you, game recognizes game.

Says the guy whose name is literally "statswatcher".

Luke Richardson was a face puncher for the most part. A braindead neanderthal of a player who averaged 9 fighting majors per season. He was never very good. He simply played a long time. And he's still braindead as a coach. I've gone farther than just calling him a moron when I'm critical of him. I consistently address each and every issue I've had with him, with specifics. But by all means, think what you want.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Says the guy whose name is literally "statswatcher".
thatsthejokesimpsons.jpeg

Luke Richardson was a face puncher for the most part. A braindead neanderthal of a player who averaged 9 fighting majors per season.
i don’t agree with your assessment, but like i said from the start it’s completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand which is his performance as coach of this team today. maybe you think he got punched in the head a few too many times and that’s why he doesn’t put bedard on the right side, or whatever bug bear you happen want to yell at your tv about. at least if you put it that way there’d be some entertainment value to reading it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
thatsthejokesimpsons.jpeg

i don’t agree with your assessment, but like i said from the start it’s completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand which is his performance as coach of this team today. maybe you think he got punched in the head a few too many times and that’s why he doesn’t put bedard on the right side, or whatever bug bear you happen want to yell at your tv about. at least if you put it that way there’d be some entertainment value to reading it.

I've addressed the specific issues I have with him as a coach multiple times in many different threads on here. I'm not going to go back over all of it for you. You want to see it, go find it and read it.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I've addressed the specific issues I have with him as a coach multiple times in many different threads on here. I'm not going to go back over all of it for you. You want to see it, go find it and read it.
well your specific criticisms weren’t the subject of any of my replies were they?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
well your specific criticisms weren’t the subject of any of my replies were they?
No, I was simply pointing out that he was, in fact, primarily a bottom pairing D for much of his career.

I'm not critical of him as a coach because he wasn't a HoF player. I'm critical of him as a coach because he does dumb shit and has shown himself to not be a very good coach. In fact, most really good players don't really make good coaches, so that's not even of relevance to me. I brought up stats to support the idea that he was primarily a bottom pairing D in the NHL, by most metrics.

Again, Marcus Kruger spent the vast majority of his prime lining up against other teams' top lines and top C. Did that make him a top line C?

Chris Chelios was a top pairing D. Luke Richardson... was not.

Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Luke Richardson will be fired by the Hawks in the next two seasons, and will never sniff an NHL head coaching job, ever again. Anyone want to put money on this?

He's a total f***ing imbecile.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Luke Richardson will be fired by the Hawks in the next two seasons, and will never sniff an NHL head coaching job, ever again. Anyone want to put money on this?

He's a total f***ing imbecile.
The old boy's club might keep him in there as a HC somewhere, but he has been pretty damn bad, so it's hard to say if that's enough to do it.

Last edited:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
i mean, that’s not even true. i’ve been over this history on this very board. he was playing top pairing minutes at a very young age, and in the playoffs no less. not that it’s relevant. my post was written specifically to get across my ambivalence towards LR as a coach (coaches are not, in fact, paid to watch games, but for the results he’s getting it might as well be all he’s doing), as well as my frustration with his most virulent detractors’ repetitive drivel. criticizing coaching decisions is fine. just saying “he’s stupid” over and over is lazy and childish in the extreme.

What’s LR done to earn even ambivalence?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
This entire thread got off toba bad start...it of course was Hawks@Dicks ...not the other way around as the thread title indicates..

The Team Relegation(should be) proceeded to stink and proceeded to WIN this Tank Bowk Game=losing game means win because they lost the battle forcax4 pt swing and so WiN by hold ingbonto 2nd last nowv9 pts behind the Quackers...

As usual Tank Comnanders galore...k..and Bedard easily held in check ...almost lasvif McTavish mocking the "Generationak Takent" who was stymied all game by checkersvon hom.

All in all a disappointing effort.. plus stupid and lazy penalties...butc when all is said and done the mission was was to avoid getting close to ANH with possibility of over-takibg them...now 8 point separation likely means much harder to catch the Ducks for 3rd last....so worst case =draft 4th overall ..best case =still good chance to move up for Celebrini (especially if Uncle Gary fixes it again...but it looks kosher if we only move up 1 this time)...

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
No, I was simply pointing out that he was, in fact, primarily a bottom pairing D for much of his career.
well then you are pointing out something which is trivially true and that no one took issue with to begin with. being “primarily a bottom pairing D for much of his career” is not the same as saying his only qualification is being a third pair journeyman hanger-on, nor is it the same as reducing his whole career to being a facepuncher. particularly when richardson was in the league for an entire decade before they kept records of time on ice that i can find on hockey reference.
Chris Chelios was a top pairing D. Luke Richardson... was not.
you seem to think i am saying a whole lot of things i am not saying. this makes me think you are not taking me very seriously and i am deeply wounded by this.
What’s LR done to earn even ambivalence?
richardson hasn’t earned anything. i am ambivalent because he has not shown anything to indicate that he is more than at best a replacement level warm body holding the seat. i will begin to care when there’s a more viable alternative than substituting him with some other replacement level or below warm body. until then i choose not to worry myself about who gets to captain this ship to the bottom.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
well then you are pointing out something which is trivially true and that no one took issue with to begin with. being “primarily a bottom pairing D for much of his career” is not the same as saying his only qualification is being a third pair journeyman hanger-on, nor is it the same as reducing his whole career to being a facepuncher. particularly when richardson was in the league for an entire decade before they kept records of time on ice that i can find on hockey reference.

you seem to think i am saying a whole lot of things i am not saying. this makes me think you are not taking me very seriously and i am deeply wounded by this.

richardson hasn’t earned anything. i am ambivalent because he has not shown anything to indicate that he is more than at best a replacement level warm body holding the seat. i will begin to care when there’s a more viable alternative than substituting him with some other replacement level or below warm body. until then i choose not to worry myself about who gets to captain this ship to the bottom.
Okay, that’s indifference, not ambivalence.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
We got Stu Grimson, Luke Richardson, Wade Brookbank, Gord Donnelly all getting paid by the hawks this year, should be passing on their wisdom and fight knowledge. Good for him to stand up if that happened to Bedard I'd want someone to answer the bell.
Curious what people think of Slaggert so far? I thought he was supposed to be a physical high energy guy. He's been pretty invisible besides his two penalties tonight (one was a dive) but this should be his ideal time to shine. Hometown team they suck, lots of lower line spots open I would think he'd show more urgency.
IMO Laggert is as advertised. Bottom 6. The Hawks have lots of them. Nothing jumps out right now but give the kid some time.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Seven defencemen never works, prove me wrong?

Soderblom is 4-20-1 on the season…

.876 save pct…

6-32-3 career record…

Stauber is a career 5-1-0, 13-7-3 in AHL(Commesso is 13-13-4) with a SO and a goal, .896 save pct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad