GDT: Ducks @ Hawks 3/21/24 9pm NBC sports Chicago (Duck Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
i mean, that’s not even true. i’ve been over this history on this very board. he was playing top pairing minutes at a very young age, and in the playoffs no less. not that it’s relevant. my post was written specifically to get across my ambivalence towards LR as a coach (coaches are not, in fact, paid to watch games, but for the results he’s getting it might as well be all he’s doing), as well as my frustration with his most virulent detractors’ repetitive drivel. criticizing coaching decisions is fine. just saying “he’s stupid” over and over is lazy and childish in the extreme.

and perish the thought that someone might think i am trying to tone police here. be as mean and ill mannered as you want, i’m here for it. just don’t be lazy in your discourtesy is all i ask.
I don't call him stupid repeatedly. Were you meaning to quote someone else? If I critique somebody I usually give the reason.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This team’s identity should be development. You don’t just accrue draft picks for 5 years and all of the sudden you’re good. You actually have to coach and develop them, something Luke apparently hates doing.

And if you don’t develop them, then you never get to that next step of being good. See the Reichel fiasco this year.
Let's get real, shall we? Most of the guys Hawks will be developing aren't in the league yet.

The newly arrived Slaggert, Vlasic, Bedard, KK and Reichel are the guys we should be watching.... and the guys the coaching staff need to help develop.
Reichel has looked much better since his AHL demotion. KK has growing pains but is holding his own for a teen playing in the NHL. Bedard the same but he will be fine and Vlasic has looked surprisingly good. But I get it, you folks need to complain about someone.... may as well make it the HC.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Let's get real, shall we? Most of the guys Hawks will be developing aren't in the league yet.

The newly arrived Slaggert, Vlasic, Bedard, KK and Reichel are the guys we should be watching.... and the guys the coaching staff need to help develop.
Reichel has looked much better since his AHL demotion. KK has growing pains but is holding his own for a teen playing in the NHL. Bedard the same but he will be fine and Vlasic has looked surprisingly good. But I get it, you folks need to complain about someone.... may as well make it the HC.
You can't honestly believe that Richardson has done a good job of coaching this season.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
So you're criticizing those who believe he's done a bad job, even though you're not sure whether or not he's done a good job?
I'm saying, I don't know at this stage and I won't until the team is somewhat established and the kids have got their feet wet .... and neither do any of you guys.

It would be nice if a tear down/rebuild could be completed in 2 or 3 years but that's not reality, is it. We all knew it would be painful.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I'm saying, I don't know at this stage and I won't until the team is somewhat established and the kids have got their feet wet .... and neither do any of you guys.

It would be nice if a tear down/rebuild could be completed in 2 or 3 years but that's not reality, is it. We all knew it would be painful.
A bad team doesn't have to be badly coached. This one is. Putting the kids out there with Tinordi does nothing to advance their careers, yet almost every game, that's what Luke does.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
A bad team doesn't have to be badly coached. This one is. Putting the kids out there with Tinordi does nothing to advance their careers, yet almost every game, that's what Luke does.
How predictable..... and a cop out, IMO.

I assume you're referring to KK. And which current Dman should he be playing with? Vlasic has earned the #2 spot with Seth. All the other Dmen are marginal NHLers.

Ideally a HC wants to shelter a teenage Dman but that's simply not possible on this team. (and the dumb ass rules prevent KK from learning his trade in RFD.)

As I said earlier, KK has been OK considering the circumstances. I had my doubts at first but in retrospect I think a year in the NHL was far superior to a return to Junior.

Reactions: dj Mahoney

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Do you think Tinordi has been anything but awful this season?

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I don't call him stupid repeatedly. Were you meaning to quote someone else? If I critique somebody I usually give the reason.
you quoted me first big dog, don’t know what to tell you. go look again at how this exchange went and you will see why i said what i said at every point.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Okay, that’s indifference, not ambivalence.
sure, there’s indifference there, but it’s also ambivalence because on the one hand i don’t care to keep him, and on the other i don’t care to replace him with whatever the hell might be on the table right now. there’s no contradiction in the two feelings coexisting.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
you quoted me first big dog, don’t know what to tell you. go look again at how this exchange went and you will see why i said what i said at every point.
I've got a history of defending LuRich. I was upset in a GDT and definitely acted on it. You calling me big dog made me crack up because I'm a union steward and I've got a guy from O block that affectionately calls me big dog. Dude is built like Terry Cruise and could fold me like a chair.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I've got a history of defending LuRich. I was upset in a GDT and definitely acted on it.
i know you’re typically pretty levelheaded. i can admit that i also have something of a contrarian streak so when i get the sense that the feeling in the room is turning decidedly anti-lurich i show up to play devil’s advocate. i can own that, but i still meant and stand by everything i said.

You calling me big dog made me crack up because I'm a union steward and I've got a guy from O block that affectionately calls me big dog. Dude is built like Terry Cruise and could fold me like a chair.
good on you for the union work. we don’t have enough of that kind of thing around these parts. i thought calling people big dog was more common for a long time, but i’ve since learned that the only people in my area that say it regularly also went to the same high school as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad