GDT: Ducks @ Hawks 3/21/24 9pm NBC sports Chicago (Duck Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8060.jpeg
IMG_8061.jpeg
IMG_8062.gif

Hawks lines 19-45-5

Johnson Bedard Kurashev
Donato Dickinson Anderson
Reichel Foligno Anthanasiou
Slaggert Entwistle Raddysh
Blackwell (DTD)

Vlasic Jones
Korchinski Megna
Kaiser Tinordi
Zaitsev

Mrazek Soderblom

Injured: Hall Murphy

Ducks lines 23-43-3

Killorn Carlsson Terry
Vatrano McTavish Strome
Jones Lundestrom Slifverberg
Johnston Groulx Leason

Fowler Zellweger
Vaakainen Lindstrom
Mintyukov Lacombe
Gudas (DTD)

Dostal Gibson

Injured: Zegras

Last edited:

jls24

Apr 30, 2013

Forwards are literally perfect given what we have available. Might be the first time I’ve said that all year lmao

My thoughts as well. I'm excited to see Slaggert-Dickinson-Anderson cook.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Forwards are literally perfect given what we have available. Might be the first time I’ve said that all year lmao

At the very least, at least Richardson fixed his f***up of removing Foligno from the top line with Kurashev and Bedard.

Not sure why he ever f***ed with it. That line had been cooking. Bedard was stacking up points. So... let's f*** with it and pull a guy off it. :laugh:

That second line has some wheels.

As you said, these are probably the best lines you can construct with this roster.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Another Toilet Bowl Epic!

4 point swing game..if Hawks win will only be 4pts below ANH for 3rd last ... danger Hawks could over-take them.

Finish 3rd last and with bad lotto luck in that case drop 2 spots to 5th pick.

So a lot riding on who wants to Tank more tonight.

Reactions: hawksrule

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
As well as Megna, Kaiser and Zaitsev etc...

I expect 55 to make mistakes (and there's no doubt that he had a bad game) but to see Kaiser unable to move guys from the crease area is a bigger concern for me .... shades of Ian Mitchell. He needs to hit the weight room.

I'm not really interested in the others. Just Korchinski.

The 2 vets are what they are and I'm not too high on Kaiser at the moment.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Another Toilet Bowl Epic!

4 point swing game..if Hawks win will only be 4pts below ANH for 3rd last ... danger Hawks could over-take them.

Finish 3rd last and with bad lotto luck in that case drop 2 spots to 5th pick.

So a lot riding on who wants to Tank more tonight.
I want them to hit 25 wins, wherever that lands them overall doesn’t matter to me…1-5…Macklin Celebrini-Zeev Buium…

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I know we want to tank but......I like winning and this group needs a few. Hope they get one tonight. But Soda in net.....

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Rather see the kids experience winning. We got the ultimate prize last year in Bedard. Rather have him, Korchinski, Vlasic, Slaggert, etc. the kids who will be here long term to not turn into the Ducks, Sabres, Ottawa, etc players and expect to lose.

Reactions: BobbyJet

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Rather see the kids experience winning. We got the ultimate prize last year in Bedard. Rather have him, Korchinski, Vlasic, Slaggert, etc. the kids who will be here long term to not turn into the Ducks, Sabres, Ottawa, etc players and expect to lose.
The thing is that is not enough talent to win with... you don't win anything with 1 even just 2 star players. You see that across the league clearly.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The thing is that is not enough talent to win with... you don't win anything with 1 even just 2 star players. You see that across the league clearly.
You, and others, just don't get it. Losing is a culture and you never want to enter..... and when you do hit rock bottom, the sooner you can get out the better. We're there.

Don't believe me? Look around the league and the past record of the teams on the bubble or lower.... and where they are heading today. You'll find the perennial bottom feeders are treading water at best and aren't going anywhere.

Reactions: clydesdale line

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You, and others, just don't get it. Losing is a culture and you never want to enter..... and when you do hit rock bottom, the sooner you can get out the better. We're there.

Don't believe me? Look around the league and the past record of the teams on the bubble or lower.... and where they are heading today. You'll find the perennial bottom feeders are treading water at best and aren't going anywhere.
Do any of those teams have 3 or more ekire talents and depth?

People seem to think Buffalo or others are bad because they have a culture vs... never had talent because they spent terrible cap to be a little bit better too soon. The type of moves people want to avoid being rhrm are more likely to make your team like Buffalo, etc. The Ref wings and Senators the last 3 years have been doing what fans seem to want us to do starting next year. Thats a rush job

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Do any of those teams have 3 or more ekire talents and depth?

People seem to think Buffalo or others are bad because they have a culture vs... never had talent because they spent terrible cap to be a little bit better too soon. The type of moves people want to avoid being rhrm are more likely to make your team like Buffalo, etc. The Ref wings and Senators the last 3 years have been doing what fans seem to want us to do starting next year. Thats a rush job
As I said, some people just don't get it. Hoping for a losing team is pathetic.

Reactions: Wally1112pac

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
As I said, some people just don't get it. Hoping for a losing team is pathetic.
What you're doing is hoping for a losing team. I think you need to recognize what trends happen.

We've seen these teams fail and fail, I guess you don't think they lack talent somehow?

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What you're doing is hoping for a losing team. I think you need to recognize what trends happen.

We've seen these teams fail and fail, I guess you don't think they lack talent somehow?
Sometimes, seldom actually, the first draft pick is obvious and is a can't miss superstar in the making. Invariably things change when a teenager matures. It is up to the scouts to try and make the best (educated) choice each round but it is a crap shoot. Hoping for a team to lose in the hope it may produce a winner one day is laughable.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
No one can argue that KD stripped this franchise down to just the foundation.

This is year 2 of having a garbage roster. It's obvious that management wants high draft picks. In order to get those high draft picks you have to lose. You have to lose a lot.

There's 2 ways to lose in the NHL. You can just roll over and die. Management can do their best to ice the worst roster possible. They can trade players who are playing well. They can call up players who are not ready to play. They can play AHL goalies. This will guarantee that your team looks like a disaster on the ice. This will also demoralize the players. No one wants to come to the rink knowing that they are going to get pounded game in and game out. That can stick for a long ass time.

You can also lose the competitive way. Your roster can seriously lack talent but they can bust their asses, play for each other and try to win every game. When they lose (and they will) it will not be accepted. Management will reward hard working players with contracts and other players will see that. Although the players are playing for a rebuilding team they know that the tanking is temporary and eventually players on the roster will be here when things turn around.

The lottery is the lottery. If your team ends the season with a bottom 5 record (yes, all non playoff teams are in the lotto) the lottery will determine where you draft. Arguing over it is pointless. No one knew that last at this time that #3 would have got Bedard. If every tanking team knew that than every tanking team would have been trying to finish 3rd last not last.

Having said that, getting angry over not finishing dead last is pointless too. If you're worried about finishing dead last just to win the lotto and it not counting that you won and didn't move up in the draft than you should probably be playing nhl 24's franchise mode instead on following a tanking NHL team.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

This is year 2 of having a garbage roster. It's obvious that management wants high draft picks. In order to get those high draft picks you have to lose. You have to lose a lot.

There's 2 ways to lose in the NHL. You can just roll over and die. Management can do their best to ice the worst roster possible. They can trade players who are playing well. They can call up players who are not ready to play. They can play AHL goalies. This will guarantee that your team looks like a disaster on the ice. This will also demoralize the players. No one wants to come to the rink knowing that they are going to get pounded game in and game out. That can stick for a long ass time.

You can also lose the competitive way. Your roster can seriously lack talent but they can bust their asses, play for each other and try to win every game. When they lose (and they will) it will not be accepted. Management will reward hard working players with contracts and other players will see that. Although the players are playing for a rebuilding team they know that the tanking is temporary and eventually players on the roster will be here when things turn around.

The lottery is the lottery. If your team ends the season with a bottom 5 record (yes, all non playoff teams are in the lotto) the lottery will determine where you draft. Arguing over it is pointless. No one knew that last at this time that #3 would have got Bedard. If every tanking team knew that than every tanking team would have been trying to finish 3rd last not last.

Having said that, getting angry over not finishing dead last is pointless too. If you're worried about finishing dead last just to win the lotto and it not counting that you won and didn't move up in the draft than you should probably be playing nhl 24's franchise mode instead on following a tanking NHL team.
Well said.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020

With 7 picks in the top 70, the Blackhawks will be fine
Same goes for the 2025 draft…

Reactions: BobbyJet

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Fantastic post.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
For this particular draft I'm not worried about the difference between picking four or five. Rankings are kind of all over the place and there's going to be a great prospect available either way. If the draft position drops because Bedard is excelling, so be it.

Now if the draft position drops because Mackenzie Entwistle decides to go nuclear, maybe we are having a different conversation. Somehow I'm less worried about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad