GDT: Ducks @ Hawks 3/21/24 9pm NBC sports Chicago (Duck Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
That's your takeaway? Stauber still sucks.
It’s really weird that you don’t understand locker room dynamics.

Soderblom needed to go away after that Blues disaster for the sake of the room. They don’t trust Soda and don’t play in front of him. They decided to say f*** the room instead, and Soda remains. You can see it with all the non efforts night after night, there’s something very wrong.

Who cares if Stauber sucks, give everyone a different look.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Soderblom needed to go away after that Blues disaster for the sake of the room. They don’t trust Soda and don’t play in front of him. They decided to say f*** the room instead, and Soda remains. You can see it with all the non efforts night after night, there’s something very wrong.

Non efforts because of who's in the crease says more about the leadership group than anything.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Kind of ironic that you say this, because you might be the one misunderstanding the locker room dynamics.

Your teammates are your teammates. Unless a guy is an absolute cancer in the room, teammates are there for each other, and don't just "not play" for a goalie because he may be bad, cold, or whatever. One of our men's league goalies is 50+ years old, and costs us half a dozen wins per session(if not more), and forces us to score double digit goals to win most nights. We still support him, drink beers with him, and play hard in front of him night in and night out. We came back from down three goals the other night, with like 5 mins left in the third, to force a shootout, and he stood on his head in the shootout, and we got the W.

The indictment is on the coaching staff, not the goalie in this situation.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

It's odd you don't think I understand locker room dynamics when I constantly bring up the human element of managing a team that others are oblivious too.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Kind of ironic that you say this, because you might be the one misunderstanding the locker room dynamics.

Your teammates are your teammates. Unless a guy is an absolute cancer in the room, teammates are there for each other, and don't just "not play" for a goalie because he may be bad, cold, or whatever. Our men's league goalie is 50+ years old, and costs us half a dozen wins per session(if not more), and forces us to score double digit goals to win most nights. We still support him, drink beers with him, and play hard in front of him night in and night out. We came back from down three goals the other night, with like 5 mins left in the third, to force a shootout, and he stood on his head in the shootout, and we got the W.
Not to crap on your men’s league or anything, but there’s a little more at stake here.

Regardless, I still sense there’s something very wrong in that locker room. Also I find it very strange that Luke doesn’t like to go into the room and actually ya know, coach. Leaving it to the players to figure it out doesn’t seem like an effective motivator.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Bedard didn’t have it tonight, oh well. Probably the first time all season he’s looked that pedestrian against such a weak opponent. He usually dazzles against the lesser competitors cuz he sees more of the puck.

Hope Leo Carlsson is ok. Glad we gained some ground on the Ducks in the race for last.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not to crap on your men’s league or anything, but there’s a little more at stake here.

Regardless, I still sense there’s something very wrong in that locker room. Also I find it very strange that Luke doesn’t like to go into the room and actually ya know, coach. Leaving it to the players to figure it out doesn’t seem like an effective motivator.

The level of play really isn't relevant. This rings true from mites all the way up to beer league, juniors, the pros, etc. The mites and squirts might be the exception, because the little kids don't quite grasp the team concept, yet. But once kids hit 10+ years old, it's pretty much a tight knit group in the room.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Players play hard for a variety of reasons. Some of it is just your makeup. I played hard in every sport I played. I wouldn’t just stop trying hard because I got paid. It was just who I was. You generally play hard because you’re competitive and your teammates hold you accountable.

No one is not playing hard because of the goalie we start. But I guarantee you between teammates they say it’s harder to win with him and they know that going in. Doesn’t change how they play though.

LuRich isn't the future. The issue I have is that he might be breaking pieces that could be.
That’s always been my gripe/position. Lose every game putting the future first? Fine. He hasn’t even gotten close to that.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
The level of play really isn't relevant. This rings true from mites all the way up to beer league, juniors, the pros, etc. The mites and squirts might be the exception, because the little kids don't quite grasp the team concept, yet. But once kids hit 10+ years old, it's pretty much a tight knit group in the room.
Okay I can agree with that. I don’t think that’s occurring in this locker room currently.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Players play hard for a variety of reasons. Some of it is just your makeup. I played hard in every sport I played. I wouldn’t just stop trying hard because I got paid. It was just who I was. You generally play hard because you’re competitive and your teammates hold you accountable.

No one is not playing hard because of the goalie we start. But I guarantee you between teammates they say it’s harder to win with him and they know that going in. Doesn’t change how they play though.

Yep. Between teammates we talk about it all the time, and even do so on the bench when bad goals go in. We still go out and bust our ass in front of him every game, and we still have beers with him after the game is over, win or lose.

Okay I can agree with that. I don’t think that’s occurring in this locker room currently.
And I'd argue the coach is much more likely the factor over anything going on with the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad