GDT: Ducks @ Hawks 3/21/24 9pm NBC sports Chicago (Duck Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Players play hard for a variety of reasons. Some of it is just your makeup. I played hard in every sport I played. I wouldn’t just stop trying hard because I got paid. It was just who I was. You generally play hard because you’re competitive and your teammates hold you accountable.

No one is not playing hard because of the goalie we start. But I guarantee you between teammates they say it’s harder to win with him and they know that going in. Doesn’t change how they play though.
I played harder when we were getting pantsed out of nothing but competitive spite. I remember being down 5-0 in the first and a kid saying to his coach "you told us not to run up the score".

Fought like hell the rest of the game. You can destroy us. You can't embarrass us.

Reactions: TLEH

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
LuRich is good at looking good in a suit. Our defenseman suck at defending and our forwards can't score. We aren't even tough to play against like we were last year. Goaltending is a different beast I'd never pin on a head coach.

What is this year's teams identity outside of Connor Bedard?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
1711083485678.png

Tinordi with a -4 in 8 minutes of ice.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
View attachment 839741

Tinordi with a -4 in 8 minutes of ice.
And there are those here that still defend him dressing every night. And we have a coach that still dresses him every night. He's the worst D on one of the two worst teams in the NHL. The guy has no business on an NHL roster based upon that. There's not a single reason to ever dress him over Phillips, Kaiser, or any other number of young D in the pipeline.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
LuRich is good at looking good in a suit. Our defenseman suck at defending and our forwards can't score. We aren't even tough to play against like we were last year. Goaltending is a different beast I'd never pin on a head coach.

To be bad?

This team ia not going to be a playoff team until 27-28. Why does "identity" matter at this point?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

This team has zero identity or offense. It’s literally Bedard. If he doesn’t do something we don’t score.

Seems like they’re trying to cycle get point shots and crash the net. That’s the offensive identity.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
To be bad?

This team ia not going to be a playoff team until 27-28. Why does "identity" matter at this point?
This team’s identity should be development. You don’t just accrue draft picks for 5 years and all of the sudden you’re good. You actually have to coach and develop them, something Luke apparently hates doing.

And if you don’t develop them, then you never get to that next step of being good. See the Reichel fiasco this year.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
This team’s identity should be development. You don’t just accrue draft picks for 5 years and all of the sudden you’re good. You actually have to coach and develop them, something Luke apparently hates doing.

And if you don’t develop them, then you never get to that next step of being good. See the Reichel fiasco this year.
There's literally 4 guys to develop. This isn't a development year yet. You had 1 guarantee doesn't need help. Then Vlasic/Reichel as time to take a step. 1 success and 1 fail. And 1 little bit rushed Korchinski.

You are still watching year 2 of a 3 year teardown. Why all last year I was saying this would be more sensible timeline-wise with Michkov. You wouldn't expect it to be a development year. It's not.

Where you seem to think the team is. Thats 2 years from now. When you have the High pick of this draft, (maybe a top 3 pick of the next draft,) the potential Moore/Nazar/Rinzell, the other D prospects at 22-like Vlasic now, looking ready to get NhL shots.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
There's literally 4 guys to develop. This isn't a development year yet. You had 1 guarantee doesn't need help. Then Vlasic/Reichel as time to take a step. 1 success and 1 fail. And 1 little bit rushed Korchinski.

You are still watching year 2 or a 3 year teardown. Why all last year I was saying this would be more Venable timelinewise with Michkov. You wouldn't expect it to be a development year. It's not.

That's where you seem to think the team is. Thats 2 years from now. When you have the High pick of this draft, (maybe a top 3 pick of the next draft,) the potential Moore/Nazar/Rinzell, the other D prospects at 22-like Vlasic now, looking ready to get NhL shots.

Being able to develop those 4 or 5 guys is pretty damn important. Breaking players because your coach is a moron is not really good for the future. Every single season, during a rebuild, you have anywhere from 2-4 players that will come up to the NHL to develop... every year is a development year in a rebuild, because those players turning into something is critical to becoming a good team again.

Called it. LuRich is a clown.

Yep, figured as much. He's an idiot. Guy has no business coaching this team after this season.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

You are still watching year 2 of a 3 year teardown. Why all last year I was saying this would be more sensible timeline-wise with Michkov. You wouldn't expect it to be a development year. It's not.

Where you seem to think the team is. Thats 2 years from now. When you have the High pick of this draft, (maybe a top 3 pick of the next draft,) the potential Moore/Nazar/Rinzell, the other D prospects at 22-like Vlasic now, looking ready to get NhL shots.
If your argument is that coaching doesn't matter and LuRich being an idiot is fine I can understand it but don't complain when people call KuRich an idiot.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Foligno is gonna have to teach Vlasic how to fight. I don’t want him fighting but he needs to make sure he can protect himself.
We got Stu Grimson, Luke Richardson, Wade Brookbank, Gord Donnelly all getting paid by the hawks this year, should be passing on their wisdom and fight knowledge. Good for him to stand up if that happened to Bedard I'd want someone to answer the bell.
Curious what people think of Slaggert so far? I thought he was supposed to be a physical high energy guy. He's been pretty invisible besides his two penalties tonight (one was a dive) but this should be his ideal time to shine. Hometown team they suck, lots of lower line spots open I would think he'd show more urgency.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Being able to develop those 4 or 5 guys is pretty damn important. Breaking players because your coach is a moron is not really good for the future. Every single season, during a rebuild, you have anywhere from 2-4 players that will come up to the NHL to develop... every year is a development year in a rebuild, because those players turning into something is critical to becoming a good team again.
Who were they developing last year?

And the Sharks this year? They have William Eklund as about it. Some times when your prospect pool isn't nhl ready yet, it is that way

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Who were they developing last year?

And the Sharks this year? They have William Eklund as about it. Some times when your prospect pool isn't nhl ready yet, it is that way
It was quite literally year one of the rebuild, so no one.

This year they have 4-5 guys that they should be developing, and the team is far worse. How can you say players in the prospect pool aren't NHL ready? There are literally young guys that don't dress who are better than guys who dress regularly every night. I'd take either of Kaiser or Phillips over Tinordi on any given night. AINEC.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Foligno could have handled Ross Johnson even if it’s slightly above his normal class. Zero reason to dress Tinordi just because we had a heated game last time.
Ross Johnston hasn't been as good a fighter as he was earlier in his career after getting caught a couple of times he fights timid. Does Tinordi suck, yes but we are trying to get a high draft pick, not making the playoffs and trying not to get bullied out there. I'm okay with Tinordi dressing. He won't be on the team next year, hopefully soda won't either he sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad