Speculation: Ducks 6th overall

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Hello all,

In a recent Athletic article, our Assistant GM mentions not being “married” to the 6th pick. What would your team offer?
I'm not sure how I feel about it but if Brackett/Guerin see Rossi as a center in the NHL and worry that he'll be taken by New Jersey or Buffalo, I could see them being willing to move from 9 to 6. I'm not sure what Anaheim would be looking for, though.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Im wondering if he just means he’s willing to trade down a few spots, but not outside of the top 10. An extra asset or two (good ones) would be nice to get if some team has a player they really like.

personally, I think you just keep it. Methinks they go with Raymond or Holtz there.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Im wondering if he just means he’s willing to trade down a few spots, but not out of the top 10.
Um our head of scout said he sees 4 through 12 pretty close so I imagine we’d want to stay in top 12-15 range

obviously depends on assets coming back

Reactions: bert

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm not sure how I feel about it but if Brackett/Guerin see Rossi as a center in the NHL and worry that he'll be taken by New Jersey or Buffalo, I could see them being willing to move from 9 to 6. I'm not sure what Anaheim would be looking for, though.
Prob more young assets/picks

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, i corrected my post to saying not trade outside of the top 10.
As to the rest of your post I imagine we’re between raymond/sanderson ... my guess is a team trading up prob wants Rossi/askarov.

But if we like 12 players a lot and can get an extra asset or 2 might be worth looking at

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Im wondering if he just means he’s willing to trade down a few spots, but not outside of the top 10. An extra asset or two (good ones) would be nice to get if some team has a player they really like.

personally, I think you just keep it. Methinks they go with Raymond or Holtz there.
Raymond isn't going to be on the board at #6, Either Detroit takes him at #4 or Ottawa at #5.

Reactions: BigCanadian
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I'll always go for what the experts say than what posters think. If they think Anaheim will trade it, I'll go with what they say. Hell, if they said they were going to pick Askarov I'd put my faith in it. This pandemic has made everyone think they are a full-time scout.

Raymond isn't going to be on the board at #6, Either Detroit takes him at #4 or Ottawa at #5.

Lol, but you don't know that. Pronman thinks he drops down to 7.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'll always go for what the experts say than what posters think. If they think Anaheim will trade it, I'll go with what they say. Hell, if they said they were going to pick Askarov I'd put my faith in it. This pandemic has made everyone think they are a full-time scout.

Lol, but you don't know that. Pronman thinks he drops down to 7.
Yeah, the overriding impression I get from reading about this draft is that from 4-12 you'll probably come away with a great prospect, but the actual order is totally up in the air. If the Ducks don't care too much about position, moving back a few spots for the sake of an extra asset makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I'd guess that if it's in play, it's for a pick very close to that one, requiring only a modest sweetener to swap picks (like an additional 3rd rounder).

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Yeah, the overriding impression I get from reading about this draft is that from 4-12 you'll probably come away with a great prospect, but the actual order is totally up in the air. If the Ducks don't care too much about position, moving back a few spots for the sake of an extra asset makes a lot of sense.

Moving back always seems like a better choice since there is always a team or two willing to give up a *bit* more just to get their guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad