Post-Game Talk: Ducks 4 Oilers 3 OT

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
There was a"fear factor" in playing McD and company so they held possession but Rob said it wasn't a planned play. Basically that it just happened that way.

I doubt the goal was. We let up and allowed that opening, and Talbot just fell asleep.

Definitely trying to burn off some McDavid energy to start it off though. I'm sure they realized eventually McDavid was really using no energy circling, so they did their rush and it just worked out cause of some luck and weak stuff from us.

In the end, I think it was just Carlyle showing McLellan that even though McLellan has way better hair, Carlyle is still better at everything else. Carlyle is going nuts over his matches, trying to find openings, working the refs all he can, coming up with stuff like trying to get McDavid off the ice for OT. Mclellan is just making sure his gum is flavourful.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
I doubt the goal was. We let up and allowed that opening, and Talbot just fell asleep.

Definitely trying to burn off some McDavid energy to start it off though. I'm sure they realized eventually McDavid was really using no energy circling, so they did their rush and it just worked out cause of some luck and weak stuff from us.

In the end, I think it was just Carlyle showing McLellan that even though McLellan has way better hair, Carlyle is still better at everything else. Carlyle is going nuts over his matches, trying to find openings, coming up with stuff like trying to get McDavid off the ice for OT. Mclellan is just making sure his gum is flavourful.

Flavourful and well chewed

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Ridiculous.
Of course it was planned. Just because it was planned by the second worse hated team of this fan base doesn't make it any less ingenious. It was very crafty and as an earlier poster stated, The Oilers should have realized the tactic and simply lined up at our blue line.
Still a risk - one poke check and perhaps a 2 on 1.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The rule in hockey is supposed to be that the puck has to be kept moving or it's supposed to be a delay of game... that's never called though as a player can stand behind his net in the defensive zone for 30 seconds killing time.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Honestly, and this might get me banned, but i'd rather have Calgary make it into the playoffs over the Ducks

Flames
Canucks
Ducks
Leafs

That's my top 4 hated team in order. Everyone else is 'meh' except Ottawa, my team of the East. So I'll have no playoff team this year. :mad:
I kinda like TB, so I guess I'll adopt them for my playoff team, but only because Yzerman is my favorite player of all time (McDavid already making a strong case, but I grew up watching Stevie and you're more impressionable when young, so...)

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
McDavid:
February (14 GP) - 13 G, 9 A, 21 pts - 1.5 ppg
March (13 GP) - 11 G,13 A, 24 pts - 1.84 ppg
Last 27 games - 24 G,21 A, 45 pts - 1.66 ppg

Hopefully the oilers make some changes, i.e. fire Chia. Get in some good players to support McD, he will put up 140 points next year.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
McDavid:

I like that he's shooting more and is scoring more goals than assists. We already knew he was/is an elite passer but his shot appears to be improving immensely and his hesitancy in wanting to shoot is disappearing as well.

I could see him putting up 50 goals and 70 assists as soon as next season.

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
Was at the game. Really fun but frustrating one. Going in I decided to focus on Bear, as it was my first time seeing him live and I've really liked him as a prospect. Definitely came away impressed. Even before the goal I was thinking he was the 2nd or 3rd best oiler on the ice (although acknowledging I could be biased b/c, as I mentioned, I was focusing on him). He made a lot of smart plays and clearly has great offensive instincts. Then he got a beauty goal on just a really intelligent pinch. All around very excited about where he is headed.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
McDavid:
McDavid has 65 points (26g, 39a) in 46 games against the 16 playoff teams + 2 teams still in the hunt (FLA & LA). 1.41 ppg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The rule in hockey is supposed to be that the puck has to be kept moving or it's supposed to be a delay of game... that's never called though as a player can stand behind his net in the defensive zone for 30 seconds killing time.

What rule is this and where is it? The only rule of its kind is the puck has to keep moving forward on a shootout or the puck has to keep moving in the case of a scrum. I'm not aware of a rule saying a player has to move the puck in a given amount of time if the team not possessing it just lets them have it.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Gha0W4J.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So this was the disgusting outcome that I predicted would occur all along. The Oilers beat the Kings and lose to the Ducks. FFS.

We actually did the Ducks a monumental favor and that's probably their playoff spot wrapped up right there.

The role of Oilers as spoilers might need to be revisited. Back to the drawing board, we don't even do this right, we help our enemies. A few years back we knocked off the Kings could make the playoffs. yes I remember that as well, WTF?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad