Duchene

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
At minimum we would have to trade whatever D prospect the Avs want, plus Kamenev, plus picks and maybe Tolvanen.

I have said all along if Sakic had been willing to accept prospects this would have already happened. All reports have indicated he want a top 4 NHL D man as part of the deal

Will he change his mind soon? Who knows, but we can't meet that demand as of now

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I have said all along if Sakic had been willing to accept prospects this would have already happened. All reports have indicated he want a top 4 NHL D man as part of the deal

Will he change his mind soon? Who knows, but we can't meet that demand as of now

He wants a young top 4 and that just isnt happening. No team is willing to give up that straight up for duchene and sakic wants more. He will have to come down on his demands. This is becoming a distraction in Colorado and i think it will be resolved soon. I just hope poile is still trying. I think fabbro (even though av fans dont want him hes a young potential top 4 who can take over for injuried prone Johnson) kamenev a potential top 6 forward, smith someone who can step in now and keep you competitive and has the ability for 40 to 50 points, 2018 and 2019 1st round picks

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
He wants a young top 4 and that just isnt happening. No team is willing to give up that straight up for duchene and sakic wants more. He will have to come down on his demands. This is becoming a distraction in Colorado and i think it will be resolved soon. I just hope poile is still trying. I think fabbro (even though av fans dont want him hes a young potential top 4 who can take over for injuried prone Johnson) kamenev a potential top 6 forward, smith someone who can step in now and keep you competitive and has the ability for 40 to 50 points, 2018 and 2019 1st round picks

Smith is useless to them. Too old for a team rebuilding. Jarnkrok wold be a better fit and is on a better contract.

I think the only way this happens is if another team gets involved and has a prospect top 4 LHD that they can unload and have a need for a RHD like Fabbro.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Smith is useless to them. Too old for a team rebuilding. Jarnkrok wold be a better fit and is on a better contract.

I think the only way this happens is if another team gets involved and has a prospect top 4 LHD that they can unload and have a need for a RHD like Fabbro.

In that thinking wilson was useless too but they traded for him. They still want to be competitive and smith makes them just that. But i would do jarnkrok if they said no

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think we need to go for him. Especially if bonino isnt 100% which he isnt. Fabbro gaudreau 2018 1st 2019 2nd

:nod:

Thought this was on the Avs board when I clicked this, but I would love to see him end up in Nashville.

Personally I'm a big Fabbro fan, and we could always use more D.

My ideal deal would be something around Fabbro + Fiala, but I have a feeling he's off the table for you guys.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
:nod:

Thought this was on the Avs board when I clicked this, but I would love to see him end up in Nashville.

Personally I'm a big Fabbro fan, and we could always use more D.

My ideal deal would be something around Fabbro + Fiala, but I have a feeling he's off the table for you guys.

Yea getting duchene would help better develop fiala to be a better player. I would do fabbro aberg moy 2018 1st. Aberg could go straight to the 2nd line.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
In that thinking wilson was useless too but they traded for him. They still want to be competitive and smith makes them just that. But i would do jarnkrok if they said no

They traded a pick for Wilson, and Wilson is less useless and I believe has a more flexible contract. Also, if we're offering Fabbro, Gaudreau, and some late picks, many teams that aren't in the same division can easily offer more. Even dumb old Sakic would not be that foolish.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yea getting duchene would help better develop fiala to be a better player. I would do fabbro aberg moy 2018 1st. Aberg could go straight to the 2nd line.
Unless Sakic comes down from his demands to "trade him for pieces that help right away", it won't happen.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
herd something about Duchene possibly holding out and not reporting to camp. That would be interesting

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Some stuff about the Preds and Duchene in Friedman's latest 30 thoughts:

It seems certain Colorado could make a deal with Columbus very quickly. The Blue Jackets have been in this for a while, and it is believed they thought they were close to getting Duchene a couple of times. Sakic knows what Columbus is willing to offer, but they don’t like it enough.

Duchene would love to go to Nashville, and the Predators have been a legit pursuer. In fact, a couple of players said they heard this summer about rumours of a Duchene for PK Subban deal. Neither GM would comment, but before everyone goes insane, let’s go through a couple things. First, with Ryan Ellis out until Christmas, the Predators are not dealing any of their other elite defenders. Second, from what I understand, it’s entirely possible Colorado inquired about all four of Ellis, Subban, Mattias Ekholm and Roman Josi. It’s Nashville’s biggest strength, and you can’t blame the Avalanche for asking. Asking, however, is a lot different than acquiring. The defending Western Conference champions won’t gut themselves to get him.

This is my opinion, but the kind of player Colorado covets is Carolina’s Noah Hanifin. Hurricanes GM Ron Francis has made it clear he doesn’t like the idea of trading for two years of Duchene if Hanifin is the price, but there comes a time a GM must gamble.

Source: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-making-sense-matt-duchenes-situation/

(I included the stuff about the Canes and Jackets for comparison)

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
An apparently-discussed Subban-for-Duchene trade surprised me though. I have to assume that idea came from Sakic.

No way i would even consider trading pk for duchene straight up. But if they wanted to offer that i would counter offer. Pk jarnkrok and smith for duchene zadorov landenskog and McKinnon lol

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It wasn't just Subban he asked for.

1226.gif

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Just an observation--Subban 76 toddler shirts were 50% off at the pro shop last night, near the Arvidsson 38's.

Could simply mean they overbought because there just aren't enough Subban specific fans in the 2T-4T demographic whose parents will pay $25 for a tshirt, or it could be....A SIGN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad