Confirmed with Link: Duchene to OTT in three-team trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
This is my feeling as well. I have very serious doubts that he was given that offer.
he never was given a 6*6 offer. as far as what was public I believe it was Sens saying 5 tops and Turris saying 7 bottom. And now he's a predator.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Seems your agreeing with me here on Dorion's focus but most pundits said the deal stalled a day or two before it happened. In my view of events that was a second stall, the original framework was in place since at least just before the pre-season and only didn't happen because Col and Nash couldn't agree on their part. I also believe that Dorion had to know that Turris was ready to accept a 6x6 deal from Nashville. There is no way Nashville could discuss assets with Col unless they knew that Turris would re-sign with them. Turris did not sit out 4 pre-season games for nothing he had to have been involved and a trade must have been close. Both he and Dorion knew what was happening and the only thing left was Sakic asking more than Nashville wanted to give up or the deal would have been done then. The 2nd stall just before the trade was probably caused by Sakic trying to milk a bit more out of Dorion and it was overcome when someone blinked. Possibly Nashville changed the mix, the Sens sweetened the pot a bit to satisfy Col or less likely Sakic finally caved a bit.

The only thing I might add is that Turris himself said 6x6 was never offered by the Sens. I know some people quote taxes and such but the fact he brought that up without prompt tells me he wasn't the holdup and would have taken it. Dorion was defensive when he was asked in a following interview why he never made the offer. He countered well they never offered it either as though somehow it was something out of the blue. Baloney! Dorion knew for weeks what Turris was going to get from Nashville yet as I said he had no interest in Turris at 6x6. Dorion's mind was set on Duchene and that was it.

just to be clear....you have absolutely no way of knowing that Dorion knew for weeks what Turris was going to get from Nashville. That is 100% conjecture on your part. don't present it as fact.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
just to be clear....you have absolutely no way of knowing that Dorion knew for weeks what Turris was going to get from Nashville. That is 100% conjecture on your part. don't present it as fact.

When you don't read back a bit for context you get lost.

So you think Nashville entered a 3 way deal blind. I guess you also believe that Turris sat out 4 pre-season games because he didn't need to get ready for the season.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
When you don't read back a bit for context you get lost.

So you think Nashville entered a 3 way deal blind. I guess you also believe that Turris sat out 4 pre-season games because he didn't need to get ready for the season.

did I say anything about Nashville entering a 3 way deal blind? Or anything about Turris sitting out games?

I quoted your post where you stated what Dorion knew and pointed out that it was conjecture on your part. And it is conjecture. Quite simply you don't know that to be true. That's all.

My personal opinion is that it is quite uncommon for a GM of one team to have knowledge of contract discussions between a player and another team.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
did I say anything about Nashville entering a 3 way deal blind? Or anything about Turris sitting out games?

I quoted your post where you stated what Dorion knew and pointed out that it was conjecture on your part. And it is conjecture. Quite simply you don't know that to be true. That's all.

My personal opinion is that it is quite uncommon for a GM of one team to have knowledge of contract discussions between a player and another team.

So you are saying you agree that Nashville had to have been given permission to talk to Turris before they negotiated any deal yet you don't accept that Dorion would have known the terms. Turris had not been officially traded yet so why not.

Reactions: freddy61

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So you are saying you agree that Nashville had to have been given permission to talk to Turris before they negotiated any deal yet you don't accept that Dorion would have known the terms. Turris had not been officially traded yet so why not.
of course they were given permission to negotiate a deal.

why would either side tell Dorion? it's non of his business. There's no NHL by law that says Dorion has to be included in those discussions or privy to the details. As I said that's total conjecture on your part.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree

You're not revealing any secrets here tundra. Of course Dorion knew what Nashville was giving him same as he told them what Turris was asking. If he didn't he's an idiot it's his job to know. Always have a plan B.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
With each passing day I hate this trade more and more. Dorion can kiss my ass, there was absolutely no reason to trade Turris, none. What an idiot.

Reactions: freddy61

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Turris was obviously a glue guy and Duchene is like a magnet on reverse polarity pushing the other magnets apart

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
With this and the Burrows trade, can we conclude that Dorion's scouting sessions consist of watching highlights from 2011?
I'm pretty sure with the pro player personel decisions that have been made that this team does not have pro scouts. If they Do, they do not have enough or don't listen to them. Every decision that has been made from a pro player personel decision since the Burrows deal has been terrible.

The Turris situation is he asked for a trade in the off-season. There I said it. Take it for what you will.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
IMO Turris being unwilling to sign here for 6x6 or thereabouts doesn't reflect well on management. It's their job to create an environment where players want to be, and Turris agreeing to terms with Nashville while still a member of this team, but being unwilling to sign for those terms in the city he played in for 5 years, is embarrassing.

I think it would reflect better on the state of the org is management just decided he wasn't worth it.

Well then you should be a happy man since they never offered Turris a contract of any kind. Not 7 or 8 years, 5 or 6 years - Turris wanted to stay, the Sens wanted Duchene.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Well then you should be a happy man since they never offered Turris a contract of any kind. Not 7 or 8 years, 5 or 6 years - Turris wanted to stay, the Sens wanted Duchene.
its pretty clear that they did offer him a contract

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Duchene was scoring points on the Avs before the trade and Turris was struggling on the Sens before the trade

Perhaps its..the team

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I'm pretty sure with the pro player personel decisions that have been made that this team does not have pro scouts. If they Do, they do not have enough or don't listen to them. Every decision that has been made from a pro player personel decision since the Burrows deal has been terrible.

The Turris situation is he asked for a trade in the off-season. There I said it. Take it for what you will.

I'd like to know where you heard that.
I have it on what I would consider good authority that despite not liking Boucher he wanted nothing more than to stay in ottawa. It's what he & his wife wanted.
The Sens never offered him a contract of any kind.
He was extremely disappointed & upset he was getting dealt.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Duchene was scoring points on the Avs before the trade and Turris was struggling on the Sens before the trade

Perhaps its..the team

As a team, we've scored 20 goals in 12 games since acquiring Duchene. Take away the two Colorado games, and we're looking at 14 goals in the last 10 games.

Nobody on the team is producing right now. Not even Erik Karlsson.

It's not Duchene's fault, there is something bigger at play here as far as the Sens being awful. It's a shame how this entire thing has worked out. It is going to go down as one of the worst and most notorious trades in Senators history more because of the timing of what has transpired afterwards rather than the merit of the trade. I can just see Dorion's face filled with jubilation as he sat beside Matt Duchene revealing that he has had a crash on him for years. It's going to be used in every "TSN Top 10 countdown: Trades that backfired".

On the bright side, it looked like Duchene and Smith were developing a bit of chemistry last night....

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It appears to have devastated Ottawa's season.

theirs still time to turn things around but it's looking grim.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
As a team, we've scored 20 goals in 12 games since acquiring Duchene. Take away the two Colorado games, and we're looking at 14 goals in the last 10 games.

Nobody on the team is producing right now. Not even Erik Karlsson.

It's not Duchene's fault, there is something bigger at play here as far as the Sens being awful. It's a shame how this entire thing has worked out. It is going to go down as one of the worst and most notorious trades in Senators history more because of the timing of what has transpired afterwards rather than the merit of the trade. I can just see Dorion's face filled with jubilation as he sat beside Matt Duchene revealing that he has had a crash on him for years. It's going to be used in every "TSN Top 10 countdown: Trades that backfired".

On the bright side, it looked like Duchene and Smith were developing a bit of chemistry last night....
its mainly cause a lot of sens fans are pushing this agenda as well which is sad cause its pretty clear if you watch this team every night that there is more going on ie goaltending, karlsson and pp etc

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It appears to have devastated Ottawa's season.

theirs still time to turn things around but it's looking grim.

Correlation doesn't equal causation or whatever that saying is.

There's no way to tell for sure because I cannot travel through parallel universes to give us a legit [confirmed with travelling through parallel universes] tag, but I am willing to guess that we'd be in this same spot with Turris.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd like to know where you heard that.
I have it on what I would consider good authority that despite not liking Boucher he wanted nothing more than to stay in ottawa. It's what he & his wife wanted.
The Sens never offered him a contract of any kind.
He was extremely disappointed & upset he was getting dealt.

The combination of a cheap owner not commited to winning and a coach he dislikes was more than enough reason to want out. I can't give up my source but I know he wanted out. Like I said in the other thread take it for what you want. I've been right before, every time I provide inside information I get a massive back last because it's not what people want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad