• Marner

Votes: 173 64.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
As a Mooseheads/Leafs fan, they are very similar players but also different. I think Drouin is a slightly better passer, but Marner is slightly more skilled, creative and a harder worker (and has a better attitude, Drouin had it here in Halifax too so this isn't a new revelation). It's really a toss but I give an extremely slight edge to Marner for how tenacious he is, and he is in a better position to succeed (where he is allowed to play in the shadow of Matthews). But I love Drouin. He is probably my favorite Moosehead of all time in terms of who was the most fun to watch (and provided the most wow moments) and walked away from many games thinking he played better than MacKinnon on that particular night.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Drouin all day and night. He drives offence.

Marner aint that good. He's a small soft skilled secondary piece like a Sven Baertschi.
:facepalm: :lol:

Nice Avatar. What is he like 6'2", 120 pounds ?? Looks like "small, soft" Marner can lay him out!

Marner = Baertschi :facepalm:

I've heard it all! Ahh Canucks fans...why do you do this to yourself?

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Drouin is HIGHLY overrated. This is easily Marner

I watched Marner tonight and you can see HUGE skill just a matter of getting his confidence back. You can see he needs the confidence back and he is gonna be killer again for the Leafs. Just people gotta be patient right now IMO

You called it.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah there is a whole lot of people that should be pretty embarrassed in this thread. I really don't know how anybody looked at Marner's first half of the season....see's that he was shooting 3% and goes "Yup seems legit" and draws a conclusion that he isn't the player he was last season. Truly shocking that it has regressed closer to the mean. I mean how could you predict something crazy like that!

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Gimme Johnny. His team is trash and he's struggling but I still think he's the better player going forward.

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
Gimme Johnny. His team is trash and he's struggling but I still think he's the better player going forward.

Marner Drafted 2015
147 GP 119 P

Drouin Drafted 2013
229 GP 131 P

Marner is only 12 points shy of Drouin's career points despite how he is 2 years younger and has played in 82 less games.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
:facepalm: :lol:

Nice Avatar. What is he like 6'2", 120 pounds ?? Looks like "small, soft" Marner can lay him out!

Marner = Baertschi :facepalm:

I've heard it all! Ahh Canucks fans...why do you do this to yourself?
To be fair hes our most homer fan on this site Im sure you guys have one like him too. He hardly represents our fanbase

Anyways I originally said Marner AINEC and nothing has happend to change my pov

Reactions: MattySnipes

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
marner. he has better vision and playmaking. its close though. i'd love to see how drouin would do at wing on montreal or marner at C in toronto

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Marner Drafted 2015
147 GP 119 P

Drouin Drafted 2013
229 GP 131 P

Marner is only 12 points shy of Drouin's career points despite how he is 2 years younger and has played in 82 less games.
The man is entitled to his opinion. Leafs nation doesn't need to start policing people's opinions. We don't want to be like the trolls.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah there is a whole lot of people that should be pretty embarrassed in this thread. I really don't know how anybody looked at Marner's first half of the season....see's that he was shooting 3% and goes "Yup seems legit" and draws a conclusion that he isn't the player he was last season. Truly shocking that it has regressed closer to the mean. I mean how could you predict something crazy like that!

Ah yes, and Leafs fans looked at Nylanders and Matthews production after 12 games and anointed them as 80/100pt scorers - truly shocking that their PPG's went down as the season went on - who could've predicted that!

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Ah yes, and Leafs fans looked at Nylanders and Matthews production after 12 games and anointed them as 80/100pt scorers - truly shocking that their PPG's went down as the season went on - who could've predicted that!
I don't know why you are quoting me. Take it up with the Leaf fans that said that.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
The power of a hive mind!

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
This is Marner easily but love the bad takes on the first page of this poll with all the Leaf haters trying to pile on to Mitch during his slow start

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
I like Drouin a lot and have since TB drafted him. I think MTL is not an ideal situation for him at the moment. Marner, albeit has had ups and downs this year is still the player I'd take. Similar offensive IQ and talent, fast/skilled players who can back up the D and carry the puck in over the line. However, Marner is younger and has been tracking better than Drouin. Tough decision but still Marner is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad