• Marner

Votes: 173 64.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
hmmmm

dude who hit 53pts the season he turned 22...or dude who hit 61 as a 19 year old

0.74ppg vs 0.59ppg

Marner by a fair bit

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Drouin. I think Marner has been pretty overrated. Drouin has less support around him in Montreal.

ahha what? he played with stamkos,kucherov,hedman etc in TB and never even came close to 60pts

Marner draft +2 =19g/61 pts.
Drouin draft +2 = 4g/32pts

whats to overrate there? Marner and it isnt particularly close

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
both of these youngsters underrated league-wide. as of now about even, marner moving forward. ill vote marner in the poll.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
both of these youngsters underrated league-wide. as of now about even, marner moving forward. ill vote marner in the poll.
Drouin is HIGHLY overrated. This is easily Marner

I watched Marner tonight and you can see HUGE skill just a matter of getting his confidence back. You can see he needs the confidence back and he is gonna be killer again for the Leafs. Just people gotta be patient right now IMO

Reactions: Yamazaki and Marner

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Drouin is in his 4th season and his career high is 53 points playing for Tampa and we're supposed to believe he's better than a player who scored 61 as a 19 year old rookie? That has lol written all over it.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'm amazed Drouin has 45% of the vote. there really are a lot of habs/dont like the leafs posters arent there?

Drouin is putting up a 16g/54pt pace, which will actually be a career year for him
draft + 5. still doesnt touch what marner did as a 19 year old rookie

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
Drouin is in his 4th season and his career high is 53 points playing for Tampa and we're supposed to believe he's better than a player who scored 61 as a 19 year old rookie? That has lol written all over it.
What is Marner doing as a 20 year old? Rnh was a near ppg player at 18, look at him now

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm amazed Drouin has 45% of the vote. there really are a lot of habs/dont like the leafs posters arent there?

Drouin is putting up a 16g/54pt pace, which will actually be a career year for him
draft + 5. still doesnt touch what marner did as a 19 year old rookie

What Marner did as a rookie is great, but what's he doing now? He's on pace for 6 goals this season. If I had to choose between the two on my team I'm taking Drouin.

Reactions: Captain97

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Drouin is HIGHLY overrated. This is easily Marner

I watched Marner tonight and you can see HUGE skill just a matter of getting his confidence back. You can see he needs the confidence back and he is gonna be killer again for the Leafs. Just people gotta be patient right now IMO
nah

as a tampa fan, drouin scored his 53 points without good linemates and with issues with his coach. drouin was a really damn good player here. I also did vote marner though.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
What Marner did as a rookie is great, but what's he doing now? He's on pace for 6 goals this season. If I had to choose between the two on my team I'm taking Drouin.
doesn't he have like a 3% shooting percentage? definitely sustainable lol

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Drouin if he puts it all together.

Marner is a great playmaker, but I think Drouin is shiftier, quicker, faster and a better shooter.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
What is Marner doing as a 20 year old? Rnh was a near ppg player at 18, look at him now
RNH also plays for one of the most inept organizations in hockey. Not to mention he's been spotted as the shutdown guy because of his supposed defensive prowess. If you have him competent wingers and a good healthy amount of offensive zone starts, I'm sure he'd beat his career highs right now.

As for this thread, Drouin has been given every opportunity to succeed in Montreal. At the start of the year I might have given him the benefit of being a center but clearly that experiment had gone to shit.

Marner is having the worst luck of any players I've seen in a long while even including Willie. Once he figures things out he'll be back up to producing 60-65 points.

Crazy part about the leafs this year is thst two of their biggest young guns are struggling to put up points and the team is still leading the league in goals. They as a whole are playing like hot trash for the majority of the year so far and they're still amongst the top 10 I'm standings.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I should hope Drouin is better at this point his career. Drouin drafted in 2013, Marner three years later in 2016. Drouin makes 5.5m, Marner with bonuses, 1.5m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad