News Article: Drew Remenda not returning as Sharks Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm personally hoping that Hedican gets a chance at it. He can be a little stiff but the guy's so good with the analysis. Plus he's 1-for-1 in playing favorites when he decided to fall in love with Braun.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I'm personally hoping that Hedican gets a chance at it. He can be a little stiff but the guy's so good with the analysis. Plus he's 1-for-1 in playing favorites when he decided to fall in love with Braun.

Yeah but "Dem Ears" drives me crazy :laugh:

i

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
A little stiff?

Like when Drew tried to include him into random bits of the broadcast I guess. Basically he doesn't have the Randy & Drew chemistry going on but who does. Those two have an unnatural level of broadcasting chemistry and it's almost unfair to compare others to them.

Also I just keep thinking of the commercial he did in the car with those other two guys for CSN. That thing was strange.

cantskate

Sep 22, 2005
On the ice
Correct my history if I'm wrong, but a few years a ago I believe, Drew wanted to move back to Canada to be closer to family (or something like that). He left and did some broadcasting for HNIC, which resulted in the McSorley experiment for the Sharks. We all know how that turned out. Drew returned, and was once again a good compliment to Randy. Drew has a pretty solid rep as a broadcaster, so I doubt he'll be out of work for long.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Correct my history if I'm wrong, but a few years a ago I believe, Drew wanted to move back to Canada to be closer to family (or something like that). He left and did some broadcasting for HNIC, which resulted in the McSorley experiment for the Sharks. We all know how that turned out. Drew returned, and was once again a good compliment to Randy. Drew has a pretty solid rep as a broadcaster, so I doubt he'll be out of work for long.

IIRC he was bad on HNIC

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Read on twitter that Drew Ramenda is now the regional color guy for the Edmonton Oilers. That's good for him. Glad he got a job quickly after the Sharks dismissed him. Also, as a user of GCL, I can still listen to him on occasion.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Hey guys, just chiming in because we got the news Drew Remenda is joining the oilers broadcast. I kinda read about him in this thread earlier, seems like he is very well liked among shark fans. Can I get a little insight on what kind of colour guy we are getting?

I know its a stupid question to ask but its been a long summer and I need some sort of hockey news to get me going.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Hey guys, just chiming in because we got the news Drew Remenda is joining the oilers broadcast. I kinda read about him in this thread earlier, seems like he is very well liked among shark fans. Can I get a little insight on what kind of colour guy we are getting?

I know its a stupid question to ask but its been a long summer and I need some sort of hockey news to get me going.

He's a good one. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to hockey and he's very affable. Randy and Drew had great on air chemistry so they'd just go off on some really entertaining tangents every once in a while. When he was with us, he could get pretty defensive about the players and the organization but that's mainly because he's literally been a part of the Sharks organization in one way or another since the team's inception. I would expect him to be much less bias with you guys than he was with us at least for a little while. If the Oilers end up sucking this year, don't be surprised if he shows his displeasure. You guys will probably like him, not many better than he is when it comes to talking about the game.

He will also be bald at all times.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
He's a good one. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to hockey and he's very affable. Randy and Drew had great on air chemistry so they'd just go off on some really entertaining tangents every once in a while. When he was with us, he could get pretty defensive about the players and the organization but that's mainly because he's literally been a part of the Sharks organization in one way or another since the team's inception. I would expect him to be much less bias with you guys than he was with us at least for a little while. If the Oilers end up sucking this year, don't be surprised if he shows his displeasure. You guys will probably like him, not many better than he is when it comes to talking about the game.

He will also be bald at all times.

Lol yeah I saw a couple of clips where he goes off on Ratto defending the club, which is good. But if he is less bias, that will be better I think. Oiler fans are sick of hearing the media defend the club but he seems like a passionate guy so thats good. If he knows what he's talking about then that will help too. Nothing more frustrating than listening to a clueless colour guy yammer on while the oilers gett pounded on TV

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Lol yeah I saw a couple of clips where he goes off on Ratto defending the club, which is good. But if he is less bias, that will be better I think. Oiler fans are sick of hearing the media defend the club but he seems like a passionate guy so thats good. If he knows what he's talking about then that will help too. Nothing more frustrating than listening to a clueless colour guy yammer on while the oilers gett pounded on TV

I can't remember exactly what happened during that game but I'm pretty sure Ratto deserved that verbal beatdown. If he didn't actually deserve, we were all glad that Drew did it because Ratto runs his mouth saying stupid stuff about 90% of the time. Drew is sensible and he was a friend of the team and one of their biggest fans so don't worry about that since he doesn't really have any connections to the Oilers.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
First thing that came to mind was Drew blasting Scrivens and the oilers, who said fans throwing the jerseys on the ice was disgracing Gretzky and all the guys who played there. I remember Drew goin off on them for criticizing those fans, during one game against the Oilers after that incident happened.

Glad he got a job though. Still pissed he was let go. :rant:

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

I dont think Drew is very good anymore but he will breakdown plays of his own team ****ing up, he gets a little too angry about it at times but he does it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad