News Article: Drew Remenda not returning as Sharks Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
Maybe Remenda was too much of a peanut gallery. In seriousness, it probably has more to do with Remenda wanting to retire.

Brodie does not know enough about the game to do color commentary.

Brett doesn't want to travel.

So either the Sharks promote Baker or they hire someone outside of the organization.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hope it's Bakes, he's my favorite

But, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

sharklife25

Jun 20, 2011
San Francisco, CA
This news sucks... He makes a lot of those slow games where we're not playing well about 1,000,000x more enjoyable.

Great knowledge and an amazing human being... I'm really going to miss him.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
I feel like Drew lost his interest the past season or two. His commentary I thought was good at one point, being fair and objective... but lately, he seemed to give a little too much credit to the other team.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 1m
#SJSharks TV analyst Drew Remenda wasn't invited back for a 14th season, says no hard feelings. Story being posted shortly.

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
As much as I liked his chemistry with Randy, Drew is a total whiny homer. No tears shed here.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_25982863/drew-remenda-wont-be-back-sharks

"They decided not to renew my contact," Remenda said Tuesday. "It wasn't because of anything I did or anything wrong. It was explained to me they wanted to take the broadcast in a different direction. Honestly, we parted amicably."

"There's a couple possibilities and a solid chance I might go back into coaching, though not at the NHL level," Remenda said, adding that working closely with Todd McLellan and his staff the last six years has sparked his interest in going back behind the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad