News Article: Drew Remenda not returning as Sharks Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Really hope they announce a new guy soon. I'm going to need some time to acclimate to this major change.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_25982863/drew-remenda-wont-be-back-sharks

"They decided not to renew my contract," Remenda said Tuesday. "It wasn't because of anything I did or anything wrong. It was explained to me they wanted to take the broadcast in a different direction. Honestly, we parted amicably."

There it is, for those who didn't know or believe my post above. ;)

More than likely, that means he was given a severance contract that restricts what he could say. Once that period expires, we may hear more.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I'm happy for Drew's sake that he isn't attached to this team and what it's becoming

Sure would like to hear his opinion on the state of Sharksland, though

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
More than likely, that means he was given a severance contract that restricts what he could say. Once that period expires, we may hear more.

I'm sure there is, but i'm also certain it was handled professionally by both sides. His contract expired and they want someone else. That can be interpreted as being fired or let go, but i'm sure the Sharks will give a great endorsement for him as he tries to get a different job.

cantskate

Sep 22, 2005
On the ice
All local announcers are homers to varying extents, but Drew wasn't as homerish as many I've heard on other teams' broadcasts. Also, he does know a lot about the game, and found his insights and analysis generally good. I think they are making a mistake here, but it will be interesting to see who they hire as replacement.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm happy for Drew's sake that he isn't attached to this team and what it's becoming

Sure would like to hear his opinion on the state of Sharksland, though

Melodramatic post. He would probably give an honest, unemotional assessment and everyone would here would cry about him being a company man.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Melodramatic post. He would probably give an honest, unemotional assessment and everyone would here would cry about him being a company man.

I wouldn't necessarily call his opinion being a company man but there will be a hint of bias with it. It's only natural. We all do it to some extent. He's likely to protect the coaching staff and put it on the players as that's just how he's wired. Nothing outlandish with that sort of assessment either.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I wouldn't necessarily call his opinion being a company man but there will be a hint of bias with it. It's only natural. We all do it to some extent. He's likely to protect the coaching staff and put it on the players as that's just how he's wired. Nothing outlandish with that sort of assessment either.

Not at all.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Now if he started to protect certain players and give them excuses, I may have a point of contention but I understand why he's doing it even if I think it may be inaccurate.

You mean like Joe Thornton and Logan Couture? :laugh: You know those are his favorite players. Drew was pretty steamed after the series and he and Hedican both laid the blame at the players feet.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

Well, I have a melodramatic opinion

And I agree Drew would just be Drew, and that's what I miss most

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
According to @JasonGregor Drew Remenda is a frontrunner to be the Oilers' new TV color commentator

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You mean like Joe Thornton and Logan Couture? :laugh: You know those are his favorite players. Drew was pretty steamed after the series and he and Hedican both laid the blame at the players feet.

Yup or the classic one with Douglas Murray...but at least he tries, you know? lol

It's very difficult for Drew to lay blame at Jumbo's feet. He's done it ever so rarely but he certainly doesn't treat them all the same from an analytical point of view.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Yup or the classic one with Douglas Murray...but at least he tries, you know? lol

It's very difficult for Drew to lay blame at Jumbo's feet. He's done it ever so rarely but he certainly doesn't treat them all the same from an analytical point of view.

True enough. I think he will fit in well with the Oilers if he gets that job. Soon nothing will be Jordan Eberle or Taylor Hall's fault. It will fall on the quiet guy (RNH) and the foreign guy (Yakupov) :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad