Proposal: Drasaitil and Larsson for Marner +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
This is pretty awful for Edmonton, expecially when taking into account value attributed to positions.

I might be higher on Larsson than some, but his age, style of play, handedness and affordable contract fit Toronto's organizational needs to a tee. In terms of ability to score and potential, I see Mitch and Leon as roughly equal (although their styles of game are very different). While Marner's extra year of ELC is of value, I think Draisaitl's value as a centerman makes up for that and possibly more.

The other assets in the deal dont seem to do very much to address the discrepency in value.

Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I like how OP subtly puts in the garbage known as Matt Martin in the deal, as if that's somehow going to tip the scales to Edmonton.

What a god awful trade idea.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
:edmonton
Marner, Mitchell ($894,167)
Bracco, Jeremy ($842,500)
Nielsen, Andrew ($697,500)
Martin, Matt ($2,500,000)

:leafs
Draisaitl, Leon ($8,500,000)
Larsson, Adam ($4,166,667)

Oilers get the top line RW for McDavid and a tough guy who can help on the 4th line plus some good prospects to help there cap problems and the Leafs get a good 2nd line center who can play 1st line if Matthews gets hurt plus a good shutdown defender to help play with Rielly

Thoughts?

I say Draisaitl > Marner and Larsson > cap dumps and spare parts. Awful value, doesn’t address needs, Oilers are worse by a long shot short term AND long term unless the Leafs average prospects explode. Leaves Matt Benning as our top RD.

Hard no.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
:edmonton
Marner, Mitchell ($894,167)
Bracco, Jeremy ($842,500)
Nielsen, Andrew ($697,500)
Martin, Matt ($2,500,000)

:leafs
Draisaitl, Leon ($8,500,000)
Larsson, Adam ($4,166,667)

Oilers get the top line RW for McDavid and a tough guy who can help on the 4th line plus some good prospects to help there cap problems and the Leafs get a good 2nd line center who can play 1st line if Matthews gets hurt plus a good shutdown defender to help play with Rielly

Thoughts?
I don't usually agree with Oiler fans but this is so bad for the Oilers that i can't believe that anyone from the Leafs end would be stupid enough to say no

Mar 26, 2010
Marner will not be traded.

On top of that, Larson is garbage.

Mar 26, 2010
If Larsson is garbage what is Matt Martin and spare crap? Nuclear waste?
Yeah, Martin is useless as well. I agree.

The Hall for Larsson trade is probably the worst trade in the NHL in the last 10 years! Edmonton got absolutely fleeced at gun point. just wow! I will admit I hate Edmonton with a passion and I even feel bad for them on that one. just wow!!!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, Martin is useless as well. I agree.

The Hall for Larsson trade is probably the worst trade in the NHL in the last 10 years! Edmonton got absolutely fleeced at gun point. just wow! I will admit I hate Edmonton with a passion and I even feel bad for them on that one. just wow!!!

Yes it was a bad trade but Larsson is a hell of a long way from garbage. He’s usually either looked at as a good #2 or a great #3.

Mar 26, 2010
Yes it was a bad trade but Larsson is a hell of a long way from garbage. He’s usually either looked at as a good #2 or a great #3.
Straight up, awful.

Not even close to a #4 lol.

Taylor Hall is a total stud! the kid is f***ing awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad