Proposal: Drasaitil and Larsson for Marner +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pucklington

Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Any player can get carried by McDavid.

Throw Draisaitl on a team where he shoulders legit #1C responsibility and he would be exposed badly. His values not even close to Marner's, plain and simple.

By your logic Drai is better then Matthews. Your injury prone 60 point winger.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
and Matthews is a ghost in the playoffs

Draisaitl > Matthews

I hope we sign Tkachev, by the way. Either one, or both. Put both on either side of Drai and let the announcer go crazy. I think the Tkachev we drafted (but was ruled ineligible) has enough skill for the NHL. Probably the other, too. Put him in the AHL and see what he can do.

And yeah, Drai was beastly in some PO games last season, and finished with a very impressive point total. I guess people can try to discredit that by pointing to games he didn't have any points, but Pastrnak hasn't had a point in the last 3 games after tearing it up in the first 3. So is his production now not impressive? God only knows. Oilers are an easy target, so nothing surprises me anymore.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
And the pissing contest continues.

It's an obvious lock to me. I made a request. We'll see what happens. But nothing constructive can come of this anymore, if it even ever had the potential to from the start.

I'm all for free and open speech, but when it ceases to be fruitful or constructive in any way, and the dialogue just becomes a platform to purely attack others on totally subjective grounds it loses any and all utility towards discussing anything worthwhile -- especially in the context of a board like this where there are clear rules for trolling, etc.

I've seen threads locked for less, that's for sure.

Last edited:

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
It’s stunning honestly. I left the boards for nearly 4 years. I come back and it’s the same. 5 posters in particular I remember. All five have surfaced in this thread. All unwilling to hold rational discussion with fans of other teams. All eventually turn to bashing and childishness. Just like before. Now I remember why I left in the first place. I enjoy talking hockey not engaging in fruitless pissing contests and bashing.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
This is awful for Edmonton.

Marner and Draisaitl are a wash.

So Edmonton trades Larsson for scraps, plus they take on Martin?

Why the hell do they do this, what is the logic?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
It’s stunning honestly. I left the boards for nearly 4 years. I come back and it’s the same. 5 posters in particular I remember. All five have surfaced in this thread. All unwilling to hold rational discussion with fans of other teams. All eventually turn to bashing and childishness. Just like before. Now I remember why I left in the first place. I enjoy talking hockey not engaging in fruitless pissing contests and bashing.

Yeah, I hear you. The homerism can get incredibly annoying. And it's obvious that some of it is just blatant trolling in an attempt to get a rise -- some people are that pathetic, unfortunately, with nothing more constructive or better to do with their time. But they know how to walk the fine line and somehow avoid a ban. Oh well, just have to ignore it the best you can. But I wish it could be cleaned up better. As you said, it's usually the same people walking that line, and going on post history it should be clear to ban people who don't want or wish to engage in any real, constructive discussion. It's really a downer, and brings down HF's entire brand. Which is why it baffles me why they don't do more to get a handle on it.

Reactions: pmwlker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino