:edmonton
Marner, Mitchell ($894,167)
Bracco, Jeremy ($842,500)
Nielsen, Andrew ($697,500)
Martin, Matt ($2,500,000)

:leafs
Draisaitl, Leon ($8,500,000)
Larsson, Adam ($4,166,667)

Oilers get the top line RW for McDavid and a tough guy who can help on the 4th line plus some good prospects to help there cap problems and the Leafs get a good 2nd line center who can play 1st line if Matthews gets hurt plus a good shutdown defender to help play with Rielly

Thoughts?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I say no from Toronto. Edmonton says no faster. Marner and Drai are probably a wash, Marner with more value at the moment because he still has another ELC year. Larsson for the rest is just bad.

From Toronto's perspective, adding 13 million without bringing in a top pairing D would hurt them long term.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So the Leafs have Draisaitl, Matthews, Kadri and possibly Nylander at center and possible Nylander, Brown, Kapanen, and Grundstrom on RW? Sounds terrible.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I say no from Toronto. Edmonton says no faster. Marner and Drai are probably a wash, Marner with more value at the moment because he still has another ELC year. Larsson for the rest is just bad.

From Toronto's perspective, adding 13 million without bringing in a top pairing D would hurt them long term.

One of these is correct...the other one is dead wrong.

Leafs take this and run.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Valuewise, it isn't too bad, but Oilers desperately need a better defenseman, so I'll say, "No", to this deal.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Oilers lose a great forward and good d-man and get back a great forward and some meh pieces. I don't see why Oilers would do this.

Also don't really see why Toronto would benefit from Drai in terms of their cap structure - he'd be an insanely expensive 2C.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
:edmonton
Marner, Mitchell ($894,167)
Bracco, Jeremy ($842,500)
Nielsen, Andrew ($697,500)
Martin, Matt ($2,500,000)

:leafs
Draisaitl, Leon ($8,500,000)
Larsson, Adam ($4,166,667)

Oilers get the top line RW for McDavid and a tough guy who can help on the 4th line plus some good prospects to help there cap problems and the Leafs get a good 2nd line center who can play 1st line if Matthews gets hurt plus a good shutdown defender to help play with Rielly

Thoughts?

I think a polite no from the oilers rather quickly

several problems
1) Bracco Nielson has not played a game in the nhl yet
2) Matt Martin is a 3rd/4th liner

this trade creates two holes on the oilers roster

1) RHD--we already have a problem
2) Nuge is clicking with McDavid very nicely so no need to move him back to 2C
not going to engage leaf fans on their prospects because every fan base can make a case for 4 or 5 of their prospects being ready for the nhl and how the other fan bases are underrating the other teams prospects

But I do feel the need to point out Martin has been a healthy scratch for the leafs so far and some could make a case that hurts him having any real value

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad