Proposal: Drasaitil and Larsson for Marner +

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I tried imagining this actually happening and it laughed so much that I coughed and now there's loogie on my floor.
I just cleaned my floor yesterday, thanks.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
McDavid wanted to play so badly in Toronto anyway. His dream was to play at home in Toronto. I bet he would jump on the first plane leaving Edmonton tonight if he could come home and play in T.O. Book it.

Yeah yeah, we hear the same crap from your fanbase every season. Tavares will.. no wait.. Stamkos.. no wait.. Getzlaf will.. and the list goes on from there. But hey, you think Matthews > McDavid, but McDavid stats and trophies have shown otherwise. Can't wait until Matthews bolts out of Toronto to go to his hometown team in Arizona.

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
oilers fans still overrating Larsson. I understand they have to because their gm traded an mvp candidate straight up for him.

will say this proposal is bad for the oil though.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Jake Gardiner's career low point total for a season is the exact same as Adam Larsson's career high. (excluding the 2012/2013 lockout)

Points are always a great way to gauge value of DEFENSEmen.

As for the proposal, I wouldn't even do Draisaitl alone for that package so....

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Jake Gardiner's career low point total for a season is the exact same as Adam Larsson's career high. (excluding the 2012/2013 lockout)

Nobody's going to argue that Gardiner would make a better forward than defenceman. Still I think you completely missed the point.

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
Points are always a great way to gauge value of DEFENSEmen.

As for the proposal, I wouldn't even do Draisaitl alone for that package so....

I missed the Norris trophy nominees. Are noted defensive studs Slavin and Vlasic finalists?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Points: used foolishly as a valuation point for defensive defencemen that get zero powerplay time and all the PK time since forever.

Don’t you dare bring in silliness like zonestarts and quality of competition, though. That stuff’s for NERDS.

Reactions: pmwlker

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
oilers fans still overrating Larsson. I understand they have to because their gm traded an mvp candidate straight up for him.

will say this proposal is bad for the oil though.

Uh.

We’re saying he’s worth a LOT more than cap dump Matt Martin and two B prospects.

That’s not overrating him, that’s properly rating him.

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
Uh.

We’re saying he’s worth a LOT more than cap dump Matt Martin and two B prospects.

That’s not overrating him, that’s properly rating him.

did u notice the word still? Do you understand that this means that I have read Oilers fans' posts in previous threads about Larsson that led me to use that word? Did I claim that he is worth Matt Martin and two B prospects?

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018

So the comparative for Gardiner and Larsson is points?? Just points. That’s it nothing else. Cherry pick to suit the narrative du jour

Reactions: zar

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
First post in this thread is about how Marner and Draisaitl are "probably a wash"

Yeeesh, must be nice living in Leaf land. A big two-way Center who has b2b 70+ point seasons versus a one-way winger who has failed to hit 70 points yet in his career?

Yep, sounds like a wash to me :laugh:

Yes, context has no barring on anything.

Draisaitl, the big strong two-way C, played 62% of his shifts with Connor McDavid. Marner? 60% were either with Bozak or Kadri, who while decent are no where near McDavid. Now giving Marner the benefit of the doubt here, I'm going to go ahead and guess that that 1 dimensional winger would likely have scored 1 extra point on McDavids wing to match Draistial's 70 point season and reach your randomly arbitrary plateau.

That supposed one way winger, who is so significantly worse offensively than 1 point more Draisaitl, also played the majority of the 2nd half on a shutdown line and was highly effective as a defensive player. Funny enough, that coincides with the point at which he was off the 4th line and started to tear it up offensively.

To be fair, I'm of the opinion that equal talent C vs W should always go to the C and while Draisiatl hasnt played C full time yet, he has proven capable at the NHL level. But whatever difference in value that adds is negated for now as Marner is still on an ELC for another year while Draistail is making 8.5 mill.

So yes, a wash.

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Gardiner is horrible. One of the most inconsistent players in the league defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->