Draft Pick # 8 - Center and LW, William Nylander, Modo, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Biggs*

Ok guys seriously, where's the famous overhyping we are known for? Its ok to be excited. I'll start things off:

Nylander = the forward version of Karlsson :)

I am excited! :)

Arguably the most talented player in all the draft he is magic with the puck, he is a little bit skinny but he is fast, top two line player can't wait to see him.

In a few years all these people hating the pick will praise him lol .

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - _____

Anyone think Nylander has a shot at that spot? It would be between Clarkson, Leivo and Nylander imo.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - _____

Anyone think Nylander has a shot at that spot? It would be between Clarkson, Leivo and Nylander imo.

I'd rather develop him as a centre in a lower league, than have him play wing in the NHL.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - _____

Let's hope that Nonis has a trade/FA in the works that can move into that role. This team needs someone that is established in the NHL and ready for the pressures of a top 6 role in a market like Toronto. Nylander will be best served by playing another year in Sweden before coming over and trying to make the Leafs roster. If he can prove himself in camp, a 7 game tryout isn't out of the question. However, I'd really like to see him get quality minutes in SHL for a year first.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Let's hope that Nonis has a trade/FA in the works that can move into that role. This team needs someone that is established in the NHL and ready for the pressures of a top 6 role in a market like Toronto. Nylander will be best served by playing another year in Sweden before coming over and trying to make the Leafs roster. If he can prove himself in camp, a 7 game tryout isn't out of the question. However, I'd really like to see him get quality minutes in SHL for a year first.

Maybe we can see a Kessel/Nylander/JVR line in a couple of years.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Nylander could potentially play for the Marlies next year...That would be sweet.

I want him to make the leafs on that 2nd line but we'll see if they sign a winger in UFA.

Holland is still ahead of him and if Bolland is resigned Holland will be on the wing.

So if we sign a UFA winger or resign Raymond then theres no spot for Willie to grab.

Tyler Biggs*

Habs fan here. Have to admit, boy does William Nylander looks good in that Blue&White jersey. Hoping to see him compete against the Habs in 1-2 years! Finally a tremendous skilled forward with the Leafs! haha

Cheers

We already have a Kessel.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I was reading in the prospects forum that Nylander can play in the NHL/AHL/SHL next year as opposed to Ehlers who will either be in juniors or the show

Correct. He can go back to the swedish elite league, ahl or even nhl if he manages to get that far. Lots of options.

samyy

Apr 14, 2009
Nylander terminated his contract before the draft, he wants to play in NA next year, very likely he goes to the Marlies, I doubt he would get much of anything from playing in the CHL.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Really happy the Leafs walked away with a high potential centre. Here's hoping the other parts of his game develop as well.

Only so many easy minutes to go around in our already defensively weak, soft top six.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - _____

Yes. I think he might make the team out of training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad