Draft Pick # 8 - Center and LW, William Nylander, Modo, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarcazemKadri

Feb 15, 2012
Toronto

Ace88*

I still have doubts about Nylander. The way he casually saunters around the offensive zone is just plain not going to work in the NHL. He's got some nice tools for sure but he's going to have a rude awakening the first time he gets rocked with his head down. I can't say im totally comfortable with this pick, i realllllly wanted Ehlers and think he'll be the better player long term.

TheThrill81*

I still have doubts about Nylander. The way he casually saunters around the offensive zone is just plain not going to work in the NHL. He's got some nice tools for sure but he's going to have a rude awakening the first time he gets rocked with his head down. I can't say im totally comfortable with this pick, i realllllly wanted Ehlers and think he'll be the better player long term.

If only there was something called player development, instead of throwing every player into the NHL right away.

Jul 10, 2003
KW

One thing that stood out to me, in my admittedly limited viewings, is his awareness and heads up play. It's usually not so obvious, but in his case it really stood out I thought. Are you aware of any incidences of him being rocked with his head down? I also really wanted Ehlers, but I'd say his up-tempo style of play is more likely to get him rocked than Nylander's more cerebral approach.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006

It wont be too long before you see we made the right pick when you see both play.
Injuries aside, Nylanders skillset and offensive arsenal is more divere and high end than Ehlers.

Ehlers is a great talent aswell and I wanted him had Nylander been taken, but Nylander is a special talent and those things you think wont work in the NHL will eventually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad