Draft Pick # 8 - Center and LW, William Nylander, Modo, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
i was upset that we couldn't get virtanen but i'm happy we were able to land one of nylander or ehlers.

nylander looks to be a really skilled swede and when was the last time we ever heard a skilled swede drafted in the top 10 ended up as a disappointment? never.

i have a good feeling about this pick. good draft by the leafs this year. :yo:

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
i was upset that we couldn't get virtanen but i'm happy we were able to land one of nylander or ehlers.

nylander looks to be a really skilled swede and when was the last time we ever heard a skilled swede drafted in the top 10 ended up as a disappointment? never.

Indeed it was a good draft.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Habs fan here. Have to admit, boy does William Nylander looks good in that Blue&White jersey. Hoping to see him compete against the Habs in 1-2 years! Finally a tremendous skilled forward with the Leafs! haha

Cheers

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
Habs fan here. Have to admit, boy does William Nylander looks good in that Blue&White jersey. Hoping to see him compete against the Habs in 1-2 years! Finally a tremendous skilled forward with the Leafs! haha

Cheers

Thanks??? Haha but yeah he looked good in blue an white.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada

Cheers
Kessel, Kadri, JVR?

Thanks though we got a very good prospect here.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland

Cheers

Lol at least a better prospect potentially than Galchenyuk. :yo:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto

Cheers

We do have a guy named Kessel.

michi510

Aug 31, 2011
Toronto

if I recall, only a few years back. paajarvi :sarcasm:

boy i remember people were furious we picked kadri over him. glad it looks like it worked out for us...that is until we trade kadri away :sarcasm:

LarsVonTrier*

my favorite nylander story from the WJC U18.

William rested for a period against Finland because Sweden was up like 7-0 and yet he scored 4 points in that game.

LarsVonTrier*

if I recall, only a few years back. paajarvi :sarcasm:

boy i remember people were furious we picked kadri over him. glad it looks like it worked out for us...that is until we trade kadri away :sarcasm:

paajarvi is the most overrated forward out of sweden ever.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Ok guys seriously, where's the famous overhyping we are known for? Its ok to be excited. I'll start things off:

Nylander = the forward version of Karlsson :)

Honestly in my not so expert opinion he looks like Karlsson more than Kane, the way he skates and carries the puck with so much swag...the subtle speed changes that leave defenders looking like pilons, notice what a heads up player he is, the on ice awareness appears to be top shelf.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
So we have an NHL team loaded with talent, AND we have a farm system with some elite skill again....?

Wha...??

I thought everything we did was wrong?

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Looking at the highlights of him he looks a lot like Kadri on the ice, but way faster. Seems like a great pick for us. Could he be in the show this upcoming year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad