Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Just curious if we are considering trading Kreider why not Zibby? If the return is equal i would be more willing to trade Zibby. I rather not trade Kreider or Zibby especially the former. He brings what no other forward on this team is capable of.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Damn if they draft Kravstov I'd love to have him over next year pushing for a spot

But no issues letting him light up the KHL either

Him, Igor and Rykov coming over all at once would be exciting

He's the guy I've been wanting for a while now unfortunately he seems to be sky rocketing from 2nd round to late first now to probably mid first rounder. I guess thats what happens?!?! The Rangers scouting may have to find another "gem" if now pretty much everyone is high on Kravtsov. Not sure what it would take to say move up from 25ish to mid first round?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He's the guy I've been wanting for a while now unfortunately he seems to be sky rocketing from 2nd round to late first now to probably mid first rounder. I guess thats what happens?!?! The Rangers scouting may have to find another "gem" if now pretty much everyone is high on Kravtsov. Not sure what it would take to say move up from 25ish to mid first round?

If he keeps this up hes going to push himself inside the top 10.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If he keeps this up hes going to push himself inside the top 10.
Maybe in some crazy way its a blessing. Maybe Some other guys maybe like Veleno, Hayton and Kotkaniemi can some entice some teams ahead of us (like Montreal) causing the likes of Dobson and Bochard to drop??? Hughes and Boqvist probably won't.
As good as Kravtsov has been I still can't imagine us taking him when we desperately have a need for that number one potential dman. Love Hajek but not sure if you can project him there.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Trading Kreider is madness. He's not old, possibly our most important non -goalie, and we'll trade him and then hope we draft another Kreider with the pick we get.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Think highly of Kravtsov just as much as the next but are we really gonna take him over Bouchard/dobson/Farabee if we have the 9th pick?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Not sure I see the Rangers taking Kravtsov quite so high.

Amused by the crazy idea of doing a double swap with Ottawa - The 6th and 22nd for the 10th, 27th and an enticing asset.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Maybe in some crazy way its a blessing. Maybe Some other guys maybe like Veleno, Hayton and Kotkaniemi can some entice some teams ahead of us (like Montreal) causing the likes of Dobson and Bochard to drop??? Hughes and Boqvist probably won't.
As good as Kravtsov has been I still can't imagine us taking him when we desperately have a need for that number one potential dman. Love Hajek but not sure if you can project him there.

Hajek is going to be good. Unfortunate to say, but I don't think Bouchard is going to drop.

Reactions: bl02

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
That's true too...but the dislocated kneecap put him out of the lineup for more than the first half of his rookie pro year and I remember Dylan saying it was another year after that before it felt right. You need your kneecaps for mobility--they have to rotate every time you make a cut or a turn and Dylan's skating was very good for his size in a straight line but his mobility needed a lot of work. IMO his development as a young player was severely hampered by that injury that he got out of development camp. Not as bad an injury as what happened to Cherneski who shattered his kneecap.

Make no mistake, it certainly didn't help his cause. Not by a long shot.

IMO, McIlrath was caught right in that transition era where teams were moving away from the type of game he played. I think he would've struggled even if the injury never occurred. The game got quicker, pretty quickly.

The rise of more mobile defenders took hold, even if it meant they weren't going to knock people into next Tuesday. Had McIlrath been born 10 years earlier, he would've been okay.

But the hope for McIlrath was always that his "soccer" feet would eventually translate to the ice, and that he would continue to build on the offense and progress he displayed during the second half of his draft year.

In McIlrath's D-1 and D-2 season, one could argue that, at best, the offensive and positional development was not nearly what the Rangers hoped. Forget about comparisons that enthusiastic posters made comparing McIlrath to a young Shea Weber, I would contend that McIlrath's development plateaued more than anything else.

I can't say I saw dramatic improvement with puck movement or reads of play. The hope was always that they would come later, because his size made him a longer-term project.

I remember commenting a few times that the risk with taking a prospect like McIlrath was that even if he panned out, there was a considerable possibility that the required timetable would potentially have him on his second or third NHL team by that point. I thought he would at least stick in the NHL, though I felt it would probably be hard to justify passing on the players the Rangers passed on (Tarasenko was my guy). What I didn't account for was how dramatically the expectations for defenseman would change in the 2-5 years immediately following the 2010 draft.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Kreider isn't going anywhere. He's got great chemistry with Zibanejad. Not only that, but he's a speed demon and creates a lot of scoring chances with that alone.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'd put the odds of Kreider being moved at 50/50, mainly because I am unsure if the Rangers want to go long-term on his next contract. But if he's moved, it's not just going to be to get a higher draft pick.

This is a good draft, and I get we're excited about having three picks, including a potential top 10 pick. But it's also important to remember that some of these kids will never look as good to us as they do from now through their first training camp.

It's also important to remember that even the ones who "make it" will probably not quite reach the levels of success we find ourselves daydreaming about on here.

Reactions: jas

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Just curious if we are considering trading Kreider why not Zibby? If the return is equal i would be more willing to trade Zibby. I rather not trade Kreider or Zibby especially the former. He brings what no other forward on this team is capable of.

To be clear, I'm open to moving anyone for the right deal, however, the reason I see Kreider as much more likely to move:

Center, right-handed shot, 24-y-o, due another contract in the summer of '22.

vs.

LW, left-handed shot, 26-y-o, due another contract in the summer of '20.

It's pretty clear.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I can't believe Chicago of all teams is going to draft in front of the NYR.

Draft Kane and Toews. Dominance. 3 Cups.

Two first round exists.

One horrific season. Draft in front of the NYR.

Give me high peaks and low valleys over constant mediocrity every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad