Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I can't believe Chicago of all teams is going to draft in front of the NYR.

Draft Kane and Toews. Dominance. 3 Cups.

Two first round exists.

One horrific season. Draft in front of the NYR.

Give me high peaks and low valleys over constant mediocrity every time.

Honestly, it really rubs me the wrong way that the Rangers are called "consistently mediocre". Consistently mediocre are the Hurricanes or the Rangers of the dark ages. The Rangers have been consistently good but not great.

Reactions: Fvital92

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I think you're undervaluing Kreider quite a bit.

I don't see why NYR would move him, is all I'm saying.

A top 3 pick, in this draft especially, is gonna cost an arm and a leg. A high end prospect, another high draft choice and a middle six forward/defenseman. Kreider alone won't get the 3rd overall. He isn't Kessel and I don't think Gorton will overpay.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com

A top 3 pick, in this draft especially, is gonna cost an arm and a leg. A high end prospect, another high draft choice and a middle six forward/defenseman. Kreider alone won't get the 3rd overall. He isn't Kessel and I don't think Gorton will overpay.
I think we all get caught up in the "futures" club on this board a little too much. Some teams who are close to winning a cup will take the risk and take a top 6 forward if that puts in Cup contention over a draft pick (even if that kid turns out to be a good player)

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

I don’t think they move him, either. I think they’re watching him to see if he steps up as a leader. He’s already shown to be a strong influence on Zibanejad and Buch.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I think we all get caught up in the "futures" club on this board a little too much. Some teams who are close to winning a cup will take the risk and take a top 6 forward if that puts in Cup contention over a draft pick (even if that kid turns out to be a good player)

But we're talking about teams who have been missing playoffs for years. Why would they want just Kreider when they could have Svechnikov or Zadina?

Potential Laine > Mediocre Kessel

Which would you rather take? I'm not trying to sound rash, but I think logically a rebuilding, lower end team would want the potential superstar.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
But we're talking about teams who have been missing playoffs for years. Why would they want just Kreider when they could have Svechnikov or Zadina?

Potential Laine > Mediocre Kessel

Which would you rather take? I'm not trying to sound rash, but I think logically a rebuilding, lower end team would want the potential superstar.
201405161433524219033-p5.jpg

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I don’t think they move him, either. I think they’re watching him to see if he steps up as a leader. He’s already shown to be a strong influence on Zibanejad and Buch.

Agreed. IMO, I think that has better value, ATM, than to overpay at the draft. NYR should add to that with what picks they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad