Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Updated mock sites....

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/
1 (2) RW: Andrei Svechnikov (RUS) (6'2"/187lbs., Shot: Left, Barrie/OHL)

https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2018/
1 (17) C: Benoit-Olivier Groulx (CAN) (6'1"/189lbs., Shot: Left, Halifax/QMJHL)
2 (43) C: Curtis Hall (USA) (6'2"/194lbs., Shot: Right, Youngstown/USHL) * Yale 18/19 commit *
3 (79) D: Danila Galenyuk (RUS) (6'1"/200lbs., Shot: Left, Mamonty Yugry/MHL)
4 (110) C: Eli Zummack (CAN) (5'7"/165lbs., Shot: Right, Spokane/WHL)
5 (141) G: Drew DeRidder (USA) (5'8"/167lbs., Catches: Left, USNTDP/USHL) * Michigan State 18/19 commit *
6 (172) D: Connor Corcoran (CAN) (6'1"/176lbs., Shot: Right, Windsor/OHL)
7 (195) LW: Danil Gizatullin (RUS) (5'9"/178lbs., Shot: Left, Loko Yaroslavl/MHL)

Thoughts? I personally haven't gathered enough info on most of this draft class outside the 1st round, but will study up and give insight another time.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Updated mock sites....

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/
1 (2) RW: Andrei Svechnikov (RUS) (6'2"/187lbs., Shot: Left, Barrie/OHL)

https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2018/
1 (17) C: Benoit-Olivier Groulx (CAN) (6'1"/189lbs., Shot: Left, Halifax/QMJHL)
2 (43) C: Curtis Hall (USA) (6'2"/194lbs., Shot: Right, Youngstown/USHL) * Yale 18/19 commit *
3 (79) D: Danila Galenyuk (RUS) (6'1"/200lbs., Shot: Left, Mamonty Yugry/MHL)
4 (110) C: Eli Zummack (CAN) (5'7"/165lbs., Shot: Right, Spokane/WHL)
5 (141) G: Drew DeRidder (USA) (5'8"/167lbs., Catches: Left, USNTDP/USHL) * Michigan State 18/19 commit *
6 (172) D: Connor Corcoran (CAN) (6'1"/176lbs., Shot: Right, Windsor/OHL)
7 (195) LW: Danil Gizatullin (RUS) (5'9"/178lbs., Shot: Left, Loko Yaroslavl/MHL)

Thoughts? I personally haven't gathered enough info on most of this draft class outside the 1st round, but will study up and give insight another time.

It's always interesting to see the initial mocks, theyre fun to look at. Many of these kids are gonna hopefully hit growth spurts this year because a 5'8 goalie is not being drafted by the NYR lol.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Dahlin wasn’t dynamite in the WJSS and to start the year in the SHL, but he has picked it up lately and those highlight (except the last goal) is just from the games this week lol.

Sure it’s a heck of a long way to go, but could become unique. Not to speculate on it because it’s too early, but he next step for a D is to take it to Orr level and be a top Hart Trophy contender over concequitve seasons.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think he'll jump into the top-12 on most lists after the start he had. Going into this year he was a possible late-first sleeper for me, but so much for that. :laugh:

Rangers have been tracking him since last year.

Let's assume the Rangers pick fairly high, but out of the top 5 or so, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a guy they give strong consideration to.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
What's the deal with Dylan Sikura? Better prospect than Hayes and Vesey? Worse? I would imagine that the Rangers would be favorites if the Blackhawks can't sign him.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lundeström is from my neighborhoods, way north of the artic circle. Dark around the clock in December and January.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
After watching video of Dahlin, the hype is warranted. He can effortlessly move the puck up ice. Its like he is just levels ahead of everyone else on the ice. This kid is going to be fun to watch play in the NHL.

Theres no player I can even compare him too.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Lundestrom is too much of the "safe Swedish, two way forward" style, we took one of those last year. Don't want another one this year. And I know he's not the exact same player as Andersson, but I think we shouldn't be taking the same style of player two years in a row.

I thought Wahlstrom was way overrated last season, I haven't gotten the chance to watch him this season. I didn't like his passing or hockey IQ. In a way, there's some Zibanejad to his game, but thats probably his ceiling. His floor is way lower, I thought he was boom-bust a year ago, but I haven't watched him this season, so I can't comment much.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Quinn Hughes was imo the best player at U18 level in the world last season as a 17 yo, seems to be off to a very good start in College too, i'm a huge fan of his as you might know by now :D

Reactions: Lion Hound

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think Lundestrom is too much of the "safe Swedish, two way forward" style, we took one of those last year. Don't want another one this year. And I know he's not the exact same player as Andersson, but I think we shouldn't be taking the same style of player two years in a row.

I thought Wahlstrom was way overrated last season, I haven't gotten the chance to watch him this season. I didn't like his passing or hockey IQ. In a way, there's some Zibanejad to his game, but thats probably his ceiling. His floor is way lower, I thought he was boom-bust a year ago, but I haven't watched him this season, so I can't comment much.

Personally, I think he's more offensively dynamic than a lot of the so-called "safe" players. Not really sure where the Rangers will go yet, just know that he's at least on their radar. Of course, if they end up picking very high, I don't see them going that route.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dahlin will play at the Karjala Cup for Sweden. Looking more and more likely he'll play the Olympics. Would be the youngest to play at the tournament since Ed Olczyk 34 years ago.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Personally, I think he's more offensively dynamic than a lot of the so-called "safe" players. Not really sure where the Rangers will go yet, just know that he's at least on their radar. Of course, if they end up picking very high, I don't see them going that route.

I don't think Lundestrom has high end offense in his game. He's smart, gritty and good defensively, but I don't see any high end offensive skills in his game. To me, he's just a little too similar to Andersson. Its not that they couldn't play on the same team, but I don't want to pick them back to back years, unless Lundestrom falls to the second round. I think they are rather similar in role for a hockey team, the difference being that Lundestrom is a better skater and Andersson has a better shot.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Several early season thoughts:

Brady Tkachuk hasn't quite come out of the gate running like I thought he would. I'll be the first to say I liked/still like Matthew Tkachuk better, but I really like Brady's potential as well. It'll be interesting to see how he responds as the season progresses and whether going the college route was the best approach for him.

Joe Veleno reminds me a lot of Mike Ricci, and I mean that both as a compliment and as a bit of warning for people who keep waiting for the offense to explode. I just don't think it's going to be there on a higher level.

I might argue that Zadina has actually been the most eye-catching/exciting forward at the top of this year's draft class.

Ryan McLeod is growing on me a lot.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Didn't realize Ulfie's youngest son Adam was eligible this year. Kid is already 6'5 and 240lbs as a 17 year old. :laugh:

Drury's nephew and Kjell Samuelsson's kid are also in this years class. Mattias Samuelsson is ranked in the mid-to-late 1st by a few lists.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Didn't realize Ulfie's youngest son Adam was eligible this year. Kid is already 6'5 and 240lbs as a 17 year old. :laugh:

Drury's nephew and Kjell Samuelsson's kid are also in this years class. Mattias Samuelsson is ranked in the mid-to-late 1st by a few lists.

Year after year...So many bloodlines.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Zach Whitecloud is a D I would love for Gorton to pursue this summer (he is a UFA right?). RHS that can PK, and still play the game.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Ola: As we start to see stories about free agent prospects I am sure that we will see attention paid to Whitecloud. But the question is if you are Whitecloud and probably will have lots of options and you look at the number of Ranger D with long term deals and the trade for D'Angelo and the signing of Pionk, do you think the Rangers present a great opportunity?

Here is a link to the first story on NCAA prospects I have seen. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2017/09/11_Brickley-Leads-Class-of-NCAA.php Three of these players have been to Rangers development camp. Daniel Brickley in 2015 and this past year, Colt Conrad of Western Michigan and Alec McRae of Cornell. The Rangers will have some room for free agent prospects and they have a need at forward.

Zach Whitecloud is a D I would love for Gorton to pursue this summer (he is a UFA right?). RHS that can PK, and still play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese