Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads (36-13-1-0) hosting the 5th place Moose (21-28-1-1) tonight. The Moose have won 3 in a row.

Askarov in goal. Gravel and McKeown in back. Navron Mutter, Cody Hodgson and Weatherby as the center.

Parssinen popped the SE corner door on a check, a la Jimmy Huntington. The photographer had to close it so play could continue. SOG 5-0 Ads with 15:22 remaining in period 1. Askarov was talking to ref Jordan Deckard. He rarely speaks to the officials! Maybe a crease intrusion?

At 7:52, the Moose score. At 8:24 the same line for the Moose scored on a routine shot from the bottom of the circle stick side. The Ads are throwing big time hits. Schaefer and Del Gaizo just leveled some big Meese! Livingstone with a Neutral Zone hit on Brad Lambert. Tomasino with the first Ads shot on goal in about 8 minutes. Angello is playing for the first time in a month. He looks a little stiff. Angello just crushed a Moose behind Milic's net. Schaefer checked somebody at the blue line, then reverse hit and flattened Dman Simon Lundmark.

Weatherby (10) got the Ads on the board with 1:13 to go. The assist was Mutter's (3). The SOG were 11-10 Ads. Tomasino just went off the ice with the refs? It is 2-1 Manitoba Moose.

Maybe Tomasino told the refs that Karl Taylor wanted to talk to them? The were at the Admirals bench before the puck drop. Ads with the PP after Schaefer was tripped in the D-zone. Ads players keep falling down, even when by themselves. Back up skate sharpener?

Stastney just flattened Viel. Mutter was knocked down by 2 Moose. He just jabbed one of them by the Ads bench (Viel) during a break in the action. Parship just hammered Ville Heinola (Dman) at the red line. He got up, but none too fast.

The Moose cleared the puck all the way to Schaefer at the Moose blue line. He went to the far post and was stopped. The puck went with him behind the net. He got up and did a wrap around at the other post and scored to tie it. No assists. The Moose passed around, the same line, and scored again to make it 3-2 Moose with 5 minutes remaining.

Players keep falling down from both teams. I think that the ice is soft. It seems colder in the arena than usual. Maybe that was a partial fix? The Moose are spending a lot of time in the Admirals end in front of me.

Parsnip (3) scored on a pretty pass by L'Heuruex (23), another assist to Gravel (8). The game is tied at 3 with 2.5 minutes remaining. The Linesmen are having problems dropping the puck. Maybe the ice is soft due to low gravity? Angello was talking to one Linesman after the horn. The SOG are 23-20 Ads.

Continued below.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
McKeown called for Holding 21 seconds into the period. The Ads killed it. Asky with 3 big saves in a row! Two Moose players fell down and Milwaukee still could not get the puck. Milwaukee with zero SOG in the first 5 minutes of period 3. I think that Kemell scored. The puck rolled down the goalie's back. It was Parsnip with his 2nd goal of the game. Egor got the assist. Maybe the Admirals were playing 4 Forwards because I saw L'Heuruex by the net.

Angello was fighting Viel in the SW corner. Angello had problems throwing punches. He can throw a straight right, but that is it. Moose score on Angello's high stick. Mallot with the hatter. It is tied at 4 with 12 minutes remaining. The Ads are swarming on offense. They went from 3 or 4 shots behind to 1 behind the Moose.

The Ads were close twice on a goal mouth scramble. You could see open net, but there was no elbow room to shoot. Schaefer for High Sticking. Torgersson cross checked Schaefer as he was skating to the box and NO CALL by these refs! That was terrible!!! Parsnip just hacked Heinola leg because he interfered and no call. Moose scored just after the penalty expired. When are the Moose getting called for one of their penalties?

The Moose bench keeps yelling "off" the entire last minute or so. How about Unsportsmanlike? Ads lose again, 5-4.

The Refs lose control and do NOTHING at the end of the game, except give L'Heureux 2, 5 and a Gamer. Viel tried to fight Cal O'Reilly, who is not a fighter. The Moose have some skill players, but they have some dirty rats too, and the refs called 3 penalties on them the entire game.

All four need re-training or need to work in the ECHL.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Really discouraging that Tomasino isn't doing shit in Milwaukee.

Starting to think a change of scenery trade is what he needs

Edit to add... the Ads just shit the bed late in the third again. Askarov with 5 goals against.

It's like the win streak snapped and now they can't beat anyone....

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Really discouraging that Tomasino isn't doing shit in Milwaukee.

Starting to think a change of scenery trade is what he needs

Edit to add... the Ads just shit the bed late in the third again. Askarov with 5 goals against.

It's like the win streak snapped and now they can't beat anyone....
Tomasino was close to scoring twice tonight. Usually when you score 4 goals, you win in hockey. The Moose had at least 2 PPGs. Karl Taylor did not sound happy about that in the post game show.

I would have pulled Askarov after the 2nd goal and definitely after the third goal. When he lets in multiple goals early, he never seems to shut the door. Karl Taylor yanks a goalie about twice a season. Tonight should have been the second time.

We need to play Troy more than 1/3 of the time. It should be 40 to 50% the rest of the regular season. I think Askarov has hit the wall and is tired. He will play better by playing a little less than 2/3 of the games.

The 4 losses in a row has got the team frustrated and pressing. We could use Jankowski for face offs and Gurianov for more offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjerina

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I would have pulled Askarov after the 2nd goal and definitely after the third goal. When he lets in multiple goals early, he never seems to shut the door. Karl Taylor yanks a goalie about twice a season. Tonight should have been the second time.
And this is why I'm against trading Saros before next year's trade deadline. Askarov is not ready to be the primary goalie at the NHL level.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
And this is why I'm against trading Saros before next year's trade deadline. Askarov is not ready to be the primary goalie at the NHL level.
I think in any saros trade you take whatever starter that team has back as cap filler to make things work out anyways.

NJD - Vanacek
Toronto - Samsanov
LA - Talbot or Rittich
Col - Georgiev
EDM - Campbell +++++++

You get a placeholder for the season and maybe next.

Either way i dont think we are trading saros this deadline. I dont think anyone is going to offer trotz what he really wants in order to be willing to move him at this point.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think in any saros trade you take whatever starter that team has back as cap filler to make things work out anyways.

NJD - Vanacek
Toronto - Samsanov
LA - Talbot or Rittich
Col - Georgiev
EDM - Campbell +++++++

Either way i dont think we are trading saros this deadline. I dont think anyone is going to offer trotz what he really wants in order to be willing to move him at this point.
Only Vanecek and Georgiev will still have contracts in the off-season though. I mean, we've known for a while now that we aren't trading Saros this deadline. The only question is how his contract demands shake out later in the summer as a potential motivator for an off-season trade. And if they shake out such that we can't possibly meet them (e.g. NMC), then sure, taking Vanecek or whoever we can get at that time isn't going to be a problem in a trade anyway. It'll be past the draft, past free agent Frenzy day, and we probably will have let Lankinen go elsewhere by then too. So taking whatever gets thrown back our way is going to be the best we can do.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

NJD - Vanacek
Toronto - Samsanov
LA - Talbot or Rittich
Col - Georgiev
EDM - Campbell +++++++

Not Rittich! Not ever.

Reactions: BigFatCat999

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
That's not an NHL rule too, is it?
Apparently it is...

Rules 46.12 and 46.21:

A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12), shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.

When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense.

No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Apparently it is...

Rules 46.12 and 46.21:

A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12), shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.

When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense.

No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.
So it was "message sending" for L'Heureux?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm not going to try to figure how to embed Twitter/X links, but you can guess which one in this video is L'Heureux

I like the spunk but Taylor can't be happy about it costing him 10 grand. That's some bullshit in the AHL.

Reactions: Armourboy

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It's kind of BS the coach has to pay for something that was a player reaction. It would be different if it was something that happened multiple times in a night and he did nothing about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad