Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Also of note, L'Heureux got another 10 min misconduct, he's 2nd in the league in PIM now at 156... probably can't really catch Garrett Wilson who now has 191 and must have been on a bit of a tear lately. Oh well.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Gravel, Gross, Stastney, Del Gaizo not available, and Thompson off to Germany definitely depletes the D corps... but interesting to see they still outshot Colorado 41-20. With all those D gone, I guess it also gives Livingstone a bigger role.

I wonder how they got Ozzy Weisblatt to play for them? He's a former 1st round pick, but still under contract to SJ. Definitely not progressing well for them, but interesting a rival team loaned a player over?
I did not notice his name in the box score!
He was the 12th forward last night. The Ads can't play their usual 11F-7D anymore.

Too bad that Thompson did not stay. He could have doubled his 15 games played. He and Gravel made quite a pair in the back with their size!

They are playing Colorado again tonight.

BTW, Livingstone was the half experienced player. McKeown and Wilsby are the other two in this crazy makeshift line up.

Prokop, Matier and the new guy, Luce, were all playing on D.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads are hosting for the first time, the Henderson Silver Knights.

Gravel and McKeown, Kemell, Parsnip and L'Heureux, with Askarov in net, are starters.

Tomasino and Wiesblatt with O'Reilly.
Felhaber and Allison with Weatherby.
Mutter and Wall with Angello.

The SOG were 8-7 Ads. Henderson skates hard and throws a lot of checks, some of them late. They also play good defense.

Speaking of defense, Wilsby was the worst Dman in period one, followed closely by his partner, Matier, who is playing his 12th game for Milwaukee.

Matier allowed a Silver Knight to get around him and score 1 minute into period 2. Near the end of the period, I saw Livingstone on with Wilsby. And he is again, for the last shift. SOG were 9-4 Silver Knights. It is 1-0 for the visitors.

After 10 seconds of period 3, Henderson is complaining about the ice. One of their players got in the way of a linesman with a shovel. What a Stooge! Speaking of Stooges, Geertsen was mouthing at Kemell during a time out. He injured Kemell with a late hit in Henderson. He also skated down to the Ads bench after period 2 was over, tried to start a fight, then mouthed off at the Ads bench. He got 2, 10 and a Gamer for doing that in Henderson.

The refs were better there than Andrew Bell #6 and Jake Jackson #76 have been tonight. The linesman are having puck dropping issues. Angello was just yelling at one of them for that. Refs don't make a call when an Ads player with the puck was pulled down from behind in the slot. That started a "Refs you suck!" chant for about a minute. That was #76, who has missed 4 calls against Henderson in period 3. He does SUCK!

Tomasino (7) scored when the goalie moved out of the way. An assist went to Wiesblatt (9) and Wilsby (8). The Ads were on the attack during a PP. The goalie just kicked the left post off, no call. The SOG were 13-2 Ads.

The Ads had the better of the OT. The SK played like cowards waiting behind their net for the Shoot Out to start. I don't know how they got 3 SOG to Milwaukee's 2. The Ads had the puck on offense 75% of the time. I guess they missed the net 10 times?

Zach L'Heureux led off the SO by going wide and slow for No goal. Wade Allison went slower, but less wide and flipped the puck over Jiri Patera's shoulder. Tomasino tried to go 5-hole from in close and was stopped.
Askarov stopped all 3 SK players and was the #1 Star with 20 saves. Tomasino was #2 and Patera was the #3 Star with 26 saves in front of 7200 fans.

The Ads have a playoff spot with 79 points in 59 games. The Griffins have 71 points in 59 games and Chicago is last with 50 points in 60 games.

Last edited:

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
The Ads are hosting for the first time, the Henderson Silver Knights.

Gravel and McKeown, Kemell, Parsnip and L'Heureux, with Askarov in net, are starters.

Tomasino and Wiesblatt with O'Reilly.
Felhaber and Allison with Weatherby.
Mutter and Wall with Angello.

The SOG were 8-7 Ads. Henderson skates hard and throws a lot of checks, some of them late. They are also play good defense.
where is afanasyev

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
where is afanasyev
I don't know why he isn't playing. I have not heard of any injury. Neither has my wife, who is on the Ads email news list.

Edit: I heard part of Karl Taylor after the game. Maybe Egor was dogging it in practice and got outworked? He said something about earning your uniforms.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
They cliched the playoffs… which is amazing since they have been 2-8-0
Now 3-7 with an 8 point lead. GR beat Rockford and Iowa beat Chicago tonight, so the Central teams are playing each other. Iowa and Chicago are out of the picture, the other 5 teams are in the playoffs.

The Ads have been off since Wednesday. Chicago lost and can not catch them even if the Wolves win out their 12 games. That was the clincher.

Last edited:
Reactions: PredsV82

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads currently on the wrong end of a 1-0 game.
Henderson plays good defense, when they are not checking people after the whistle.

Expect Mutter and Parssinen to be in fights during tomorrow's game. Parsnip wants a piece of Mason Geertsen. Mutter has 2 or 3 dance partners.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads hosting the Henderson Silver Knights again for the 4th and final game of the season series. Yesterday, Henderson scored their first goal against Milwaukee this year.

Askarov is in goal. Matier and Wilsby are paired again. Weatherby centered Wade Allison and Tye Felhaber to start.

Isaiah Saville is in goal for Henderson, with MSOE goalie Nick Stofcheck as his EBUG!

At 15:38, L'Heureux (16) scored a SHG with assists to McKeown (14) and Gravel (8). About two minutes later, Weatherby (11) scored with assists to Allison (8) and Luce (2). I like Luce, a big, strong, mobile Dman in his 5th game for the Admirals. The SOG were 12-6 Ads, making it 2-0 Admirals. No fights.

In period 2, neither team scored. No fights happened. The SOG were 10-6 Milwaukee.

In period 3, L'Heureux scored his 17th goal as an ENG with an assist to Kemell (20) with 2:50 remaining. After the horn, Dyson Mayo shot the puck at the Admirals goal. Mutter put him in a headlock and sort of body slammed him onto the ice. The SOG were 8-5 Henderson.

Ads won 3-0 for two shut out wins in a row.
Milwaukee won all four games against Henderson by a 14-1 total. They are 40-19-1-0 for 81 points. The ice was a little rough.

Last edited:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
L'Heureux is the leading scorer that is currently playing until Afanaseyev gets healed or Jankowski gets sent back down. Second is Kemell. Gotta say i didnt have L'Heureux outpacing Kemell this season.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
L'Heureux is the leading scorer that is currently playing until Afanaseyev gets healed or Jankowski gets sent back down. Second is Kemell. Gotta say i didnt have L'Heureux outpacing Kemell this season.
I thought it was a little coach speak when they said L'Heureux was the closest to NHL ready, but that is proving false. He's close to getting a look I have to imagine. He certainly has a good chance to make the team out of camp next year.

Reactions: predhead1

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I thought it was a little coach speak when they said L'Heureux was the closest to NHL ready, but that is proving false. He's close to getting a look I have to imagine. He certainly has a good chance to make the team out of camp next year.
He's got a NHL ready game (physicality, well rounded, etc). I think he could still use another season to get his game misconducts under control again.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
We're already at 13 waiver eligible forwards for next season so seems likely L'Hereux starts off in the AHL again especially if we re-sign Zucker/Sherwood/bring in someone else.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
We're already at 13 waiver eligible forwards for next season so seems likely L'Hereux starts off in the AHL again especially if we re-sign Zucker/Sherwood/bring in someone else.
I think zucker is just a passerby. His acquisition cost was just too cheap to pass up. His contract will cost too much. Not sure about sherwood though

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
At this point I'd see if Zucker is up 1-2 yrs @3 w/ incentives let Sherwood and beauviller(?) Walk Carrier signs @ 2.5 like Fabbro for 1-2 yrs or walk

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
He's got a NHL ready game (physicality, well rounded, etc). I think he could still use another season to get his game misconducts under control again.
He has the misconducts under control. He just doesn't like getting punched in the face for no reason, then seeing the other guy not get called for Roughing time after time. He does not talk to the refs at all, so they can't give him 10 minutes, instead of 2 minutes.

The lousy AHL refs seem to have a conspiracy against him, with certain exceptions. Those must be the few and far between good AHL refs. There are at least three of them, Fernandez, #83 and #46 from the Henderson road trip.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Svechkov is back and 2G on his first game

L'Heureux with 1G 2A. Start of next season is a pure numbers game but if he keeps this up he is gonna make Brunette's choice to send him to Milwaukee hard.
Unfortunately, due to waivers exemption statuses, it won't be too hard and he likely misses the cut. They proved this by keeping Gurianov on the roster as long as they did.

Reactions: hockey diva

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Unfortunately, due to waivers exemption statuses, it won't be too hard and he likely misses the cut. They proved this by keeping Gurianov on the roster as long as they did.
Oh i agree L'Heureux likely starts in Milwaukee but im hoping our roster construction for next season leaves room for Afanaseyev, L'Heureux, etc to battle for a spot. The good thing about L'Heureux is that he doesnt need to be in the top 6. I think he would excell on any line. Pop him in there with McCarron and Smith and that line could have some real jam. He could replace Sherwood next season tbh.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Oh i agree L'Heureux likely starts in Milwaukee but im hoping our roster construction for next season leaves room for Afanaseyev, L'Heureux, etc to battle for a spot. The good thing about L'Heureux is that he doesnt need to be in the top 6. I think he would excell on any line. Pop him in there with McCarron and Smith and that line could have some real jam. He could replace Sherwood next season tbh.
Same thoughts from me on why L'Heureux has more possibilities in this lineup. He's a good PK'er, can fit on any line, and in any situation

Reactions: herzausstein

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Same thoughts from me on why L'Heureux has more possibilities in this lineup. He's a good PK'er, can fit on any line, and in any situation
His versatility is what gives him a leg up. Same thing with Afanaseyev. Big guy that can PK and lay some hits. Will need a couple guys that can step up over the next season or two that can fill those roles.

Trenin was a big PK guy with 1:47 of time a game. That time has been spread out to McCarron, Jankowski, and Nyquist since Trenin's trade. Someone will need to pick it up next season especially if Jankowski is sent back down to Milwaukee (which i know i rag on him but if he plays like he has these last 10 games he can stay up - 3G 7A) and Nyquist is a short timer due to age/contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00