Doughty Hit on Carrier (UPD: Suspended One Game)

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
welp. time to see whta DoPS does about Kadri hit now.

relative to this, it should be 2-3 games (at least).

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Players don't intentionally go for the head. There's no such thing as "predatory"

TorresSeesYou.gif

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I’m pretty unbiased when it comes to my team and I credit lots of other teams and good players but honestly this suspension was horse shit . Doughty held up he could have obliterated him if he really wanted. He didn’t even get him that bad .

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Interestingly enough you can compile all of Carrier's hit and we can dissect all of your baseless claims that nothing happened. I claim something happened and you said nothing happened. Where is your evidence ? ****, you're arguing but where is your evidence? Maybe pipe down until you know that nothing illegal happened. Compile a video for me then.

The only thing you're consistent at is being inconsistent.

Except the onus for proof is on the one making the claim of something happening. You're on the wrong side of this one unfortunately.

BamBam1031

Aug 8, 2008
Complete BS. The hit was borderline, maybe deserving of an in-game penalty. A postseason suspension? GTFO.

Kadri is going to hang.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Except the onus for proof is on the one making the claim of something happening. You're on the wrong side of this one unfortunately.

Lol knew you'd chicken out when I used your logic against you.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Lol knew you'd chicken out when I used your logic against you.

Except that's not the same logic. You made the initial claim. I countered with the reality that you had no evidence to show your claim that something happened. You asking someone to prove a negative is not the same logic. It's rich that you're going to call anyone chicken when you refuse to provide any evidence for your position and you made the initial claim. A claim that is completely immaterial to the thread because even if you were right, it doesn't change that what Doughty did was dirty and got him suspended and was the correct call.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Except that's not the same logic. You made the initial claim. I countered with the reality that you had no evidence to show your claim that something happened. You asking someone to prove a negative is not the same logic. It's rich that you're going to call anyone chicken when you refuse to provide any evidence for your position and you made the initial claim. A claim that is completely immaterial to the thread because even if you were right, it doesn't change that what Doughty did was dirty and got him suspended and was the correct call.

You made a claim that you were right. Where is the evidence? Prove it. I told you why I couldn't. Why can't you? Don't make pathetic excuses after you were on your high horse. If you're going to weasel out of your own premise, then I'd suggest you not to reply, try to save face a bit at least

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You made a claim that you were right. Where is the evidence? Prove it. I told you why I couldn't. Why can't you? Don't make pathetic excuses after you were on your high horse. If you're going to weasel out of your own premise, then I'd suggest you not to reply, try to save face a bit at least

I didn't make a claim. I disagreed with your claim citing lack of evidence.

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
That was a way worse version of the cogliano hit, did Jim fox cry like a little bitch about this hit too?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Not sure I see a suspension here. Maybe I missed an angle showing why more clearly?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That was a way worse version of the cogliano hit, did Jim fox cry like a little ***** about this hit too?

Never was brought up because nobody saw it. I didn't even hear about it until the post game show on NBC where Galant was whining about it.Everyone during the postgame show agreed it wasn't suspension worthy bring up how how Carrier was trying to jump around Doughty and that when the contact happened.

Two totally different hits.
The only reason why you Duck fans got your jammies in a bunch was because of the games played streak. Without that, you wouldn't even care.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
No, it's more that you don't know how logic and claims actually work. You trying to flip the burden of proof isn't logic and is just a huge fallacy. There's a reason why you won't talk about the Doughty hit and there's a reason why you won't support your claims with evidence. It's because you have none and so the only thing you can do is move the goal posts to distract.

Lol the irony. You said. "all claims must have evidence.

My claim was that they were running players all night.

Your claim : you didn't see anything at all no one was being ran.

Your conclusion post a video of it.

I said can't will one to exist since I searched.

And you acted like you won an argument (lol) .

But when I asked you to show evidence(your own infallible premise) for your counter argument you suddenly developed amnesia.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Lol the irony. You said. "all claims must have evidence.

My claim was that they were running players all night.

Your claim : you didn't see anything at all no one was being ran.

Your conclusion post a video of it.

I said can't will one to exist since I searched.

And you acted like you won an argument (lol) .

But when I asked you to show evidence for your counter argument you suddenly developed amnesia.

So now you're putting words into my post that aren't there. You've shown to be full of nothing but baseless claims, fallacies, and biases. Keep it up. Someone who makes the original claim citing no evidence is in no position to be asking anyone else for evidence when responding to your claim. That's simply not how this works. You're just showing how amateur you are at this. There really is no argument because you refuse to supply evidence to your original claim.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Guys. Who cares if he meant to hit him in the head? Since when does it matter? If someone high sticks a player and makes them bleed, do they say wait.. did he do it on purpose though?

He was trying to get a hard hit on carrier and ended up being reckless and hitting him in the head. That gets you a suspension

Reactions: JBeast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad