Does William Nylander score 30 goals next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
At the half season + 2 games mark, this was the most accurate points totals forecast.

This one didn't age well.

And this one so far is the most precise goals forecast at this point in the season,

Nylander is on pace for 15 goals, 42 assists = 57 points.

That "lol" response is almost cringy now. I feel his shame for him.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Games 1-10:
3G-6A-9P

11-20:
1G-4A-5P

21-30:
1G-5A-6P

31-40:
3G-5A-8P

41-43:
0G-2A-2P

He wasn't great when the Leafs were at their worst, but he's coming back. He's been really good 5v5 this year (6G-18A-24P), and already is close to beating his numbers from last year (13G-22A-35P). What's keeping his numbers down is his lack of success so far on the powerplay (2G-4A-6P), which if you've ever watched him is the 2nd best part of his game (after zone entries). I expect his 5v5 to remain relatively consistent to end the year (as long as he sticks with Matthews), and I expect his PP numbers to increase drastically to end the season.

Although I predicted a PPG season, I still think he's capable of finishing with .85-.9 this year.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Yes, Nylander could have been better/more productive in the first half. I think folks really concentrate on scoring points too much when evaluating players, especially in the short term.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Although I predicted a PPG season, I still think he's capable of finishing with .85-.9 this year.

That would be cool to see but I doubt he can improve his ppg that much. He'd probably have to be one of the highest scoring players in the entire league for second half.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
The irony in an Oilers fan coming in to a predictions thread and picking out people that got....shocker predictions wrong. After the **** show that was the Oiler hype before the season is absolutely hilarious.

I believe with all of my heart that if the Oilers were having a good season this place wouldn't be half as bad as it is. Instead they needed to find a new hobby to distract themselves and the results have been quite sad.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Yes, Nylander could have been better/more productive in the first half. I think folks really concentrate on scoring points too much when evaluating players, especially in the short term.

While I don't disagree with your point, I think in this instance the context is important. This is a poll thread specifically about scoring goals. So I think it's ok to discuss it.

As far as import being put on points, most of the lofty expectations were coming from the fan base. 55 pts is pretty good for a sophomore year. It's more second line pts total, and since Will is playing on the first line it is slightly disappointing. But overall not bad. Lack of goal scoring is a little worrisome. For a winger you want more focus on goals typically. Especially from someone with an "elite" shot.

Reactions: Plural

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Babcock likes to roll his lines, and Nylander isn’t a shoot first type of player. He has good goal scoring potential, but if he plays with Matthews then that’s a player who likes to shoot himself. Nylander has the potential to pop 30, but it’s not a given he will ever do it, at least not frequently.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Nylander has a wicked shot but almost looks like he's looking for the pass to Matthews first and foremost. He definitely has 25-30 potential, I would've also predicted that he would be mid to high 20's if you asked me at the start of the year, really isn't a ridiculous prediction at all. So not sure why a bunch of people are trying to wash it back in Leaf fans faces -- seems like a majority of Jets/Oil fans, go figure :rolleyes:

I mean he's 6th in shots on the Leafs and is shooting 8.6% -- his shot is way too good to be that low.

I guess he finishes with 20 goals by the end of the year, next year I'll predict he sniffs 30.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
That would be cool to see but I doubt he can improve his ppg that much. He'd probably have to be one of the highest scoring players in the entire league for second half.

If he keeps up the 5v5 production and improves his PP numbers it's definitely possible.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Games 1-10:
3G-6A-9P

11-20:
1G-4A-5P

21-30:
1G-5A-6P

31-40:
3G-5A-8P

41-43:
0G-2A-2P

He wasn't great when the Leafs were at their worst, but he's coming back. He's been really good 5v5 this year (6G-18A-24P), and already is close to beating his numbers from last year (13G-22A-35P). What's keeping his numbers down is his lack of success so far on the powerplay (2G-4A-6P), which if you've ever watched him is the 2nd best part of his game (after zone entries). I expect his 5v5 to remain relatively consistent to end the year (as long as he sticks with Matthews), and I expect his PP numbers to increase drastically to end the season.

WHAT?:laugh: He has 30 in 43 and you think he's gonna double his input the next 40 games.:facepalm:

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
WHAT?:laugh: He has 30 in 43 and you think he's gonna double his input the next 40 games.:facepalm:

I don't think you're mathing correctly. For him to end up with .85 PPG at the end of the season he would need 39 points in 40 games. This is entirely possible if he doesn't get demoted by Babs for no reason like usual.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

He need to get to 73 points to be .9PPG for the season, and is currently at 30 in 43 games (.7PPG). He need 43 points in the next 39 games (1.1PPG).

So a couple things:

1. When did 1.1 become double of .7?
2. While i don't think he will maintain 1.1ppg for the rest of the season, crazier things have happened for very skilled players and I am confident he will have a 39 game stretch that has him at 1.1ppg during his cart.

Reactions: Plural

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
It's rather astonishing that absolutely no one from the Leafs fan base was even willing to consider the possibility of Nylander not improving this year on his rookie season performance, production wise.

Before the season began, I said multiple times that there was a concrete possibility of at least one, if not two, of the three rookies seeing lower points totals (the only one that I couldn't see having less points of the three was Matthews). General scorn ensued because it was "too much talent" for them not to all improve on their rookie season totals, I was told in unison.

It's only barely over half a season, but so far 2 out of the 3 are on pace for lower totals. Even more significant if one considers that production is way up this year (an incredible amount of players are ppg or more).
Still lots of time to ramp up production, but all those Leafs fans ridiculing posters disagreeing with the certainty that Nylander and Marner would see even higher totals, should take a humble pill.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
He has a 30g calibre shot for sure, problem is he hasn't really been scoring from anywhere other than his sweet spot this year. I think, anyways.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
welcome to HF boards.

looks like you made an account just to make anti leafs comments eh?

Nylander with 22g as a rookie is highly likely to get 20+ barring injury.

"Maybe he gets 20" is clearly a dig at leafs fans, but you knew that right?

Maybe tkachuk gets 10 next year. see what i did there?

Edit: just checked the post history and the guy only talks about how great the flames are OR how the leafs are gonna fall off a cliff. Matthews might get 30, Nylander maybe 20, leafs duo AINEC tp canes duo etc. won't see another post from him going forward. lol
Looks like hes on pace for 15. Guess my prediction was too optimistic

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad