Does Weise have top 6 potential?

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
This guy has been in the RW spot of 4th line ever since he got here and has been putting up points on a similar pace to DD... now I'm not bashing DD but imagine if they switched lines and Weise was given more than double his current minutes in addition to playing with better linemates, I think his highest potential would be a PPG winger.

Take a look at last years playoff performance, 3 goals and 4 assists as a 4th liner, I honestly think he deserves a promotion.

I don't think so. As a 4th line (and I'm no stats guy so I could just be talking out my derriere) I would think that they see the lower competition (can't find the right words here but mean that they don't get the top d pairing thrown at them and the top checking line type stuff) and that helps him with his stats.

Very happy right now so I don't want to change a thing.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
See, this guy is putting up almost the same number of points as our first line RWer (PAP).. 1 point differential, you guys shouldn't evaluate a player based on what he was hired for, or how high a player was picked in a draft, but focus more on who gets the puck in the net and other factors that contribute to our place in the standings.

First line + PP minutes will make this guy one of the most valuable winger out of players under $2mil.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
See, this guy is putting up almost the same number of points as our first line RWer (PAP).. 1 point differential, you guys shouldn't evaluate a player based on what he was hired for, or how high a player was picked in a draft, but focus more on who gets the puck in the net and other factors that contribute to our place in the standings.

First line + PP minutes will make this guy one of the most valuable winger out of players under $2mil.

I'll wait until it gets deeper into the season to make a judgement on him. Sometimes 3rd/4th liners go on hot streaks and look better than they really are.

PricePkPatch*

Does he, like Eller, also face weaker opposition than our top 6?

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Shattenkirk's turnover and subsequent clearing of the net was brutal, but Weise did two things on that play that were pretty impressive. He read Shattenkirk like a corner back reads a QB and snagged a hard clearing pass in mid air from about ten feet away. Then he amazingly just waited there with the puck until the opportunity to score was at its best instead of quickly rifling it at the net.

bqIHVM9.gif

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Shattenkirk's turnover and subsequent clearing of the net was brutal, but Weise did two things on that play that were pretty impressive. He read Shattenkirk like a corner back reads a QB and snagged a hard clearing pass in mid air from about ten feet away. Then he amazingly just waited there with the puck until the opportunity to score was at its best instead of quickly rifling it at the net.

bqIHVM9.gif

The goal should have been called back. There was incidental contact by Shattenkirk with the goalie in his crease, causing him to lose his balance and become a dead duck!!

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

bqIHVM9.gif

Weise has a talent for scoring favourite goals. :laugh:

That goal has slapstick comedy all over it... ****tenkirk is the name now.

Loved his 1/2 second of patience too. :handclap:

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
Love this guy so much.

little thing my buddies and i have noticed since last years playoffs, during the singing of the anthems usually a camera will pan by the players on the bench, Weise ALWAYS looks straight into the camera. Always gets a chuckle out of me.

One thing for sure, if that this guy can bury the puck no problem given a good chance.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
i like envisioning Dale Weise' self introduction when he entered the habs locker room for the 1st time.

goes to brandon prust

"hi, i'm Dale, but you have to call me...Dragon"

"My name is Brandon, but you have to call me...Nighthawk"

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Excellent points have been made.

Good points, but Weise has always been a player who produced a lot with less ice time historically. This was true in Vancouver as well.

I don't claim to know better.. but I believe that Weise has underestimated offensive potential in the eyes of NHL people.. for whatever reason...

Good news is that MT is giving him room to express his talent and it seems to be working.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Does he, like Eller, also face weaker opposition than our top 6?

Actually, Eller is getting some of the most unfavorable situations on the team. He generally faces the opposition's best possession players while getting high amount of D zone starts/low amount of o-zone starts. He's pretty much in Plekanec's role of last season.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Actually, Eller is getting some of the most unfavorable situations on the team. He generally faces the opposition's best possession players while getting high amount of D zone starts/low amount of o-zone starts. He's pretty much in Plekanec's role of last season.

I'm bad at indexing which of our lines matches up against who but if this is true then that would be amazing because Eller and co. usually have the puck in the other end.

I never want to see Eller's name in trade talk ever again. But MB has yet to trade anyone that I've actually wanted to keep yet so I'm confident we're on the same page.;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad