Does Foligno Get A Hearing For This "Move" on Myers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
good luck trying to prove that he did it intentionally (if he did mean it)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You have a post like percentage of 00.3% You have shared your knowledge over 12,000 times and only 40 times did someone feel it was worthy to press the like link. That's incredible.

latest
The ability to like posts is only a few months old. Can't go back in time and like posts that didn't even transfer with the board change over.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Its just a natural reaction to the fall. Unless of course, Foligno is some sort of dirty ninja. Completely plausible I guess.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
anyone see any post games with players or coaches? Did this come up?

lordstanley91

Jan 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
You all are charmin soft...what happened to hockey fans? The league has somehow managed to make the game so soft and now so to are the fans. It’s a soft world we now live in. Obviously not a play with malicious intent just unfortunate.

googleIsMyFriend

Dec 6, 2016
I hope that someone will kick Foligno's ass for this. Myers is propably out quit long, and it wasn't accident although i don't think Foligno wanted this outcome.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Looks like he punched his leg on purpose with the hope to knock Tyler off balance, but it caused his leg to go into the Boards funny, which is where (I think) the injury occurred.

It reminds me of Neal spraining Rakell’s ankle when he stuck his leg out to trip him last year. Not intended to do harm, but did.

That being said, you’re not gonna get suspended for a punch to the leg.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
That's the ol' "Foligno slew hand" alright. He's done it a thousand times!
First time in an actual game...but he's been practicing it at home...got up the nerve to try it in a game after finally figuring out how to do it without injuring himself

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffaloed

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
The hand motion looks odd, but I hope a player doesn't think about punching another player in the knee when falling to the boards, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
*Tries to read thread* *Mind completely blown from stupidity on both side of argument by page 3*

Note to self... Stay away from the playoff board.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Arms when falling go forward involuntarily to protect oneself from the fall, not corkscrewing from right to left in a punching movement. Eyes are on target and a purposeful punch is delivered to that target.

Dirty play not unlike lots of little dirty plays that occur during a game...slightly high elbows, little shoves near boards, glove to face, crosscheck to back in front of the net, stick to achilles, whack to hands... Almost all don’t cause injury.

Unfortunate outcome, but won’t be punished by DOPS. Jets players will see this, know it’s dirty, discuss amongst themselves, and maybe take action within the game if an opportunity presents itself. Foligno needs to keep his head up the rest of the series. Best response, though, is to send the Wild packing by winning the next two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad