Does Foligno Get A Hearing For This "Move" on Myers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I don't know how intentional the knee punch was, but it fits a pattern of behaviour where the Wild are grabbing guys as they fall down, causing a lot of unnecessarily dangerous and awkward plays like this one. I doubt Foligno even gets a call from the league but I think people on here are being naive when they say he was falling and it was all an accident.

Foligno clearly grabs Myers intentionally to drag him down with him (first with the left arm). The punch is, at best, an attempt to further wrap him up with his right arm, or at worst, a targeted punch to the knee as some are suggesting. He doesn't get any benefit of the doubt beyond the former when the Wild have been tackling guys all series and Foligno was attempting to injure guys all game last night. Tackling a guy at the knees isn't a normal hockey play, nor is blocking a shot a few seconds earlier an excuse.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Ya he did try to take him to the ice by buckling his knee but the reality is that it isn't a hearing type of play and can be brushed off as incidental. Hope Myers is ok.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
This is dumb. He was trying to hold on to his stick which got snagged and torqued between the two. You cut out the entire clip where it was clear Foligno was more concerned about blocking the shot and getting up quickly to get back into position.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Nobody in the league has the coordination, speed and thought process to pull this off at real time. Dude clearly fell awkwardly and unfortunately took Myers with him.

And even if it was on purpose there's no way for the league to prove it and suspend for it.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
This is dumb. He was trying to hold on to his stick which got snagged and torqued between the two. You cut out the entire clip where it was clear Foligno was more concerned about blocking the shot and getting up quickly to get back into position.

What was he doing grabbing Myers with his left arm then? Get a clue. He's trying to take Myers down with him. It's more of the same tackling the Wild have been doing all series.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This appears to be another practical application of the ancient ninjitsu traditions of the Foligno family masters.

What? You thought all that jumping on the ice Mike did was just a quirky celebration? That's difficult to do, y'know. Unless you're a NINJA.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
What was he doing grabbing Myers with his left arm then? Get a clue. He's trying to take Myers down with him. It's more of the same tackling the Wild have been doing all series.
You mean like when a player awkwardly runs into and hugs a ref?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I gotta assume you missed the part where Folignos arm 'incidentally' punches the back of Myers knee.
So you're telling us that while falling down trying to get back in position after a sliding shot block...Foligno had a thought process to punch Myers in the knee with the express purpose of injuring him?
That dog don't hunt son.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Meanwhile, earlier in the game that same goofball did this... (no call on the play)

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
This is why I'm rooting for the Wild. Jets fans have been getting out of hand. Either that or Marcus Foligno slowed down time a la The Matrix so he could rabbit punch Myers in the back of the knee and ruin him. Yes. That's it.

Even the Jets players are calling it an awkward fall and nothing more. But I'm sure you guys know more than they do from the vantage point of your sofas.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Meanwhile, earlier in the game that same goofball did this... (no call on the play)

What’s the issue here?

He comes in for the hit, anticipating Trouba to keep coming around the boards, but Trouba sees him and pulls up.

Man, these boards are getting REALLY insufferable with Jets and Bruins fans whining about dirty plays...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->