Does Foligno Get A Hearing For This "Move" on Myers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
This is why I'm rooting for the Wild. Jets fans have been getting out of hand. Either that or Marcus Foligno slowed down time a la The Matrix so he could rabbit punch Myers in the back of the knee and ruin him. Yes. That's it.

Even the Jets players are calling it an awkward fall and nothing more. But I'm sure you guys know more than they do from the vantage point of your sofas.
Thank you for some rare common sense.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
This is why I'm rooting for the Wild. Jets fans have been getting out of hand. Either that or Marcus Foligno slowed down time a la The Matrix so he could rabbit punch Myers in the back of the knee and ruin him. Yes. That's it.

Even the Jets players are calling it an awkward fall and nothing more. But I'm sure you guys know more than they do from the vantage point of your sofas.
BINGO

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
So you're telling us that while falling down trying to get back in position after a sliding shot block...Foligno had a thought process to punch Myers in the knee with the express purpose of injuring him?
That dog don't hunt son.
Don’t have the body parts to be anyone’s son. Video doesn’t lie. He punched him in the back of the knee. Intent doesn’t matter, it’s what caused and/or exacerbated the knee injury.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Cannot we all just say that it sucks if Myers misses any time and it sucks that Suter is out for the season because we all rather see players healthy and teams fighting at full strength?

Reactions: TaLoN

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
That looks like a punch to me....if it is....damn thats impressive coordination. If the Jets dont tell Buf to settle down a bit I think these cheap shots will be more common, wild cant answer buf so they go after other.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He missed. You going to call him for charging on the check that only contacted the players stick?
Saw that he was going to miss the hit, raised his shoulder to hit Trouba in the head. That's what I see.

Don't think it's worth a suspension, but didn't look a whole not different than Doughty's hit. The refs were calling ridiculous ticky-tacky penalties at that point...

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Saw that he was going to miss the hit, raised his shoulder to hit Trouba in the head. That's what I see.

Don't think it's worth a suspension, but didn't look a whole not different than Doughty's hit. The refs were calling ridiculous ticky-tacky penalties at that point...

Yeah refs completely neautred the physical play last game. Nobody was hitting anyone for fear of a call so guys were resorting to cheap shots where ever they could get them in. Really some of the worst reffing I've seen so far in the playoffs last game. Peel is useless.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
If a player tackled a ref by the knees and punched the back of their knee like that, they'd be suspended for a year. Probably not a great analogy.
Its pretty common human instinct to try to grab onto something when you're falling. How about you ask the ref who slipped and grabbed onto Yakupov a few years back and ended up spraining Yak's MCL. Did he get suspended?

Reactions: ToddsBod

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
and grain of salt if you wish but Foligno's first guess when asked about Myers leg was that he might have hit him with his shinpad. Is it possible this is a leg on leg injury and nothing to do with grabbing or "punching"?

edit: i mean especially if the reports that he's favoring the other leg are true.

Last edited:

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Will he? No. Should he? Also no. This is such a non-event that there won't even be an announcement that there won't be a hearing because no one who is sane actually thinks this is anything more than a fluky play.

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
All I saw was a punch to the leg as he went down. Could have maybe been 2 minutes for that. Otherwise hardly a serious play.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Seriously? The only reason contact is made AFTER Foligno missed the hit, is because the hit pinned and broke the stick Trouba was holding, thus pulling Trouba back into Foligno after .

No, Foligno didn't even hit Trouba at all in that play.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Its pretty common human instinct to try to grab onto something when you're falling. How about you ask the ref who slipped and grabbed onto Yakupov a few years back and ended up spraining Yak's MCL. Did he get suspended?

Yakupov should sue that guy for ruining his career

Fastfrde

Oct 11, 2017
Winterpeg
I don't like the out of control, just trying to get a piece of Myers. These sometimes do end up in someone getting injured, maybe even the initiator, but I don't think he was targeting a body part. Maybe a penalty for interference or holding at the time, nothing called, so not even a glance at it by the league.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Seriously? The only reason contact is made AFTER Foligno missed the hit, is because the hit pinned and broke the stick Trouba was holding, thus pulling Trouba back into Foligno after .

No, Foligno didn't even hit Trouba at all in that play.
According to Maurice he hit Trouba in the head. Hard to tell about contact from that replay angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad