Confirmed with Link: Does anyone care about Dzingel signing? (He did. 2 yrs, 1.8 AAV post #106)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'm with the team on this one.. what has Dzingel done to be worth almost 2 Mil?

Not great defensively.. Only okay on offense.. All flash, no finish. Id offer 1.25Mil max..

Scored 14 goals in a rookie season?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Scored 14 goals in a rookie season?

Hoffman scored 27 and got 2Mil. Dzingel scores basically half that and you wanna give him the same?

I see where the team is coming from and its very fair. Hoffman scored 27 and gets 2Mil from Arb. Dzingel scores half of Hoffman, its pretty fair to say hes worth half of Hoffman at this stage

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I like Dzingel. I think the all flash no finish thing is a bit harsh to label him that after his first NHL year... He gets chances and he spreads the defense with his speed. If he got a little lady luck he could have scored 20. He also has some hands and he made some nice plays. He had a decent year, especially the first half.

He got a lot of top 6 opportunity last year pre Mac and Burrows ... coming in. I imagine he'll get some this year but unless he's taken a step forward he is likely looking at bottom 6 and probably 4th line duty. It will be harder for him to impress and to increase his value in that role.

To get into the top 9 at RW he has to offer more than Stone, Ryan, Burrows/Pyatt. On LW he has to offer more than Hoff, Smith, Mac.

I can see the Sens sticking close to their guns.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
This guy is asking for 1.95M. Although we are offering 1M, I think 1.4M is a good deal for him.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Predictions:

If it goes to arb, I say he gets awarded 1 year, $1.2M
If it gets settled before arb, I say 2 year deal, $1.45M AAV

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Mentioned it on Twitter, but I'm sticking to 'split the difference' 1.475M AAV.

I'd like to have Dzingel brought back. His speed is of value, and his shooting numbers are likely to improve this coming year. If he can manage to keep getting chances, he could be a 40pt guy. If he's only a 30pt guy, I'm okay paying 1.475M per season for a 30pt guy.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'm in the minority who thinks they won't meet in the middle because management are probably willing to gamble on them "winning" the arbitration ruling. Management are probably looking at Pyatt on a 1M/1.2M 1.1 AAV deal and seeing that Pyatt plays more minutes than Dzingel, both produced similarly in the playoffs, Pyatt wasn't scratched during the playoffs, and Dzingel's production was similar during a big chunk of the season.

Pyatt out produced Dzingel during both their last 41 games of the season with 13 points vs Dzingel's 12 while Pyatt played a harder role on the shutdown line and contributed to the PK. Dzingel basically fell of a cliff production wise to close out the season, especially during his last 30 games where he only had a few points.

If you want to get into paying for potential, maybe there's an argument to be made for Dzingel to get more of a premium, but at the end of the day he is 25 years old. This isn't a 21 year old player. Could he get a bit better? Maybe. But more likely, what you see is what you get. Now if his first half of the year ends up being more reflective of what kind of NHLer he is, fantastic, but he isn't likely to get paid in arbitration like the kind of player we saw for the first 41 games after the second half he had. At the same time, he won't get paid exactly like the player we saw in the second half because if that was the case, he wouldn't even be getting offered 1M. It'll be somewhere in the middle.

The way I see it, anything from 1.1-1.3ish would be a fair settlement on a 2 year deal. Dzingel gets a bit of a premium because he showed more than Pyatt during the start of last season and conceivably has more potential, but at the same time Pyatt was relied on more heavily, played harder minutes, was a big part of the PK, and didn't find himself scratched in favor of other players so it equals out.

There's a definite argument for locking up Dzingel 3-4 years if he is amicable to it at something around his asking price, but I think we're beyond that at this point and the discussion is really about whether it is better strategically for the Senators to go to arbitration and if not what the price would have to be to make settling a good idea. In their shoes, I would settle at 1.3M or take a chance with arbitration.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I predict $1.25M for first year and $1.5M for second year. And I am being earnest here because that is important!

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
wow if the sens let it get to Arb over 950K, wow...

Whatever he gets the sens need to go the 2 years route because that is dirt cheap for Dzingel, even if it takes him to UFA.

Well, considering people here are calling for Dorion to be fired over 200k....
950k is a significant % difference at that amount, and sets up the minimum price for the next contract.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
An interesting image posted to twitter by Sean Tierney this morning:

DFLi75DXgAAOeHW.jpg:large

Some very good, and surprising, goals-above-replacement comparables last season. Corsi differential per 60 about lines up with the team as a whole under Boucher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad