Confirmed with Link: Does anyone care about Dzingel signing? (He did. 2 yrs, 1.8 AAV post #106)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Condon did the exact same thing Hammond did with this team needed a lift. He gave this team stability in order for them make the playoffs. You forgot to add him with Dorion's other acquisitions and now are trying to back track trying diminish his contribution. All I said is Dorion's acquisition of Condon made the difference and you feel the need to go on and on about how you weren't wrong. You bring up other goalies, other teams, instead of focusing just on what he did for a stretch of games that got us into the playoffs.

I simply didn't "add" Condon because I was obviously talking about players who played a role in the playoffs. Condon only played in 2 games that were out of hand... He didn't contribute to any success (in the playoffs). But you missed that initial point and now this conversation quickly got out of control lol

I did acknowledge many times before that I thought acquiring Condon was a good move (I cannot repeat everything in every post). With Oduya's signing, it was the other Dorion move that I was behind. Unfortunately, that's pretty much those 2 so far... Hated the Dahlen/Burrows trade even though I played against Burrows long time ago and think he can still contribute. I am very meh on the Zibanejad/Brassard trade because even though I understand it from a financial and hockey perspective, I would rather have Zibanejad and the prospect picked with the 2nd. Liked getting Stalberg, but a 3rd seemed high compared to the market, etc. Didn't like the amount and/or term on most signings, except Hoffman and maybe Smith

Anyway, I could not just let you say "You just missed the biggest reason we made the playoffs" without countering that "argument". That is why I brought you facts to make you see that despite it wasn't entirely false, it was also not true. Like I said Condon was solid overall and helped us survived while Andy was away, but IMO (well, more based on the NHL goalie market) many other goalies would/could have done the same or even better. Condon was a great back-up last year. Unless you want to argue that Condon should be an undisputed N.1 goalie?

I am sorry, I am not back tracking or diminishing anything. I am just not going to hyperbole one way or the other like "Condon was the main reason we made the playoffs". That's an incorrect hyperbole that doesn't reflect reality.

Your problem is you criticize people for their opinion and always try to prove them wrong instead of just standing behind your own. And on top of it you make very rude comments to people. Grow the **** up.

What was rude lol? All I say is mostly just rational. I don't even care about my own opinion because I know it's not worth much, like anybody else. Instead I try to focus on facts. So what is this "stand by your opinion crap"? My opinion is that I care way too much about pure rationality and facts to put my useless opinions above it.

Or was it because I said "your lack of understanding about what happens with this team"? Well, if you really think that Condon was the biggest reason we made the playoffs, I will stand by that opinion (the advice that you just gave me ;)). And don't worry, I was not basing myself on that post but most of the threads or posts you make, I end up scratching my head "does he really think that?" And believe me, I am far from being the only one.

And there is something you (and some others) don't understand, I am not "criticizing people", there is absolutely NOTHING personal about those discussions, we are solely talking about hockey here. I am refuting arguments when I find them inaccurate/unfair or even debunking them when I find them disrespectful to players/executives, because I know they are real people too. If you are able to criticize real people openly, IMO you should be able to take criticism about your opinions too. That's to me, is what a grown men should be able to do.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I simply didn't "add" Condon because I was obviously talking about players who played a role in the playoffs. Condon only played in 2 games that were out of hand... He didn't contribute to any success (in the playoffs). But you missed that initial point and now this conversation quickly got out of control lol

I did acknowledge many times before that I thought acquiring Condon was a good move (I cannot repeat everything in every post). With Oduya's signing, it was the other Dorion move that I was behind. Unfortunately, that's pretty much those 2 so far... Hated the Dahlen/Burrows trade even though I played against Burrows long time ago and think he can still contribute. I am very meh on the Zibanejad/Brassard trade because even though I understand it from a financial and hockey perspective, I would rather have Zibanejad and the prospect picked with the 2nd. Liked getting Stalberg, but a 3rd seemed high compared to the market, etc. Didn't like the amount and/or term on most signings, except Hoffman and maybe Smith

Anyway, I could not just let you say "You just missed the biggest reason we made the playoffs" without countering that "argument". That is why I brought you facts to make you see that despite it wasn't entirely false, it was also not true. Like I said Condon was solid overall and helped us survived while Andy was away, but IMO (well, more based on the NHL goalie market) many other goalies would/could have done the same or even better. Condon was a great back-up last year. Unless you want to argue that Condon should be an undisputed N.1 goalie?

I am sorry, I am not back tracking or diminishing anything. I am just not going to hyperbole one way or the other like "Condon was the main reason we made the playoffs". That's an incorrect hyperbole that doesn't reflect reality.

What was rude lol? All I say is mostly just rational. I don't even care about my own opinion because I know it's not worth much, like anybody else. Instead I try to focus on facts. So what is this "stand by your opinion crap"? My opinion is that I care way too much about pure rationality and facts to put my useless opinions above it.

Or was it because I said "your lack of understanding about what happens with this team"? Well, if you really think that Condon was the biggest reason we made the playoffs, I will stand by that opinion (the advice that you just gave me ;)). And don't worry, I was not basing myself on that post but most of the threads or posts you make, I end up scratching my head "does he really think that?" And believe me, I am far from being the only one.

And there is something you (and some others) don't understand, I am not "criticizing people", there is absolutely NOTHING personal about those discussions, we are solely talking about hockey here. I am refuting arguments when I find them inaccurate/unfair or even debunking them when I find them disrespectful to players/executives, because I know they are real people too. If you are able to criticize real people openly, IMO you should be able to take criticism about your opinions too. That's to me, is what a grown men should be able to do.
No one is criticizing players/management personally because 99% don't know them in that capacity, they criticize their play/decision making. You feel the need to defend them by making it personal with your remarks against people here. Nobody needs you to debunk them or correct them. You can try and prove a point based on whatever you come up with but it doesn't make it the truth. Stick to defending your opinion and don't belittle someone for theirs with back handed remarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad