Confirmed with Link: Does anyone care about Dzingel signing? (He did. 2 yrs, 1.8 AAV post #106)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
He will get no where near 2Mil... The guy hasn't proved jack.. Hoffman got 1 year 2Mil from arb after a 48point season..

Dzingel got 32 points, has a pretty bad defensive game and was a healthy scratchy a ton down the stretch and in the playoffs.. If he gets to Arb he'll likely get around 1.1Mil for 2 years in Arb, if it gets there. Wouldn't give him more term yet..

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
People cared a lot more when they thought MacArthur was done.

Personally, I like what he brings, but I can see why some people are frustrated.

He's like Greening, in that he can play up and down the lineup, but fails to bury enough scoring chances and lacks overall offensive talent. Meanwhile his points will get him an inflated salary.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He will get no where near 2Mil... The guy hasn't proved jack.. Hoffman got 1 year 2Mil from arb after a 48point season..

Dzingel got 32 points, has a pretty bad defensive game and was a healthy scratchy a ton down the stretch and in the playoffs.. If he gets to Arb he'll likely get around 1.1Mil for 2 years in Arb, if it gets there. Wouldn't give him more term yet..
He is 25 so you want to protect his RFA status. Salaries are all going up so 3rd liners would be around that price. They also did protect him in the expansion draft so that gives him some leverage.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I could see him being awarded somewhere close to 1.5 in a hearing. Let's say its 1.35; Do the Sens pick 1 year or 2? UFA in 2.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
What do you pay a guy that is all flash and no finish? $975000 is my guess.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I think that's pretty much everybody.
Except Dorion, the guy who had to make the decision.

source.gif

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Why is everyone talking about Methot vs Dzingel?

If you're gonna debate about who we should have exposed, it should be two of Pageau/Brassard/Smith or Ceci instead of Methot. Of course management would have protected Methot over Dzingel, but that wasn't the choice. Do people really still not know the expansion rules?

Last edited:

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Except Dorion, the guy who had to make the decision.

source.gif

Except that Dzingel isn't a defenseman and Methot isn't a forward, so its not as though Dzingel took Methot's spot on the protected list.

Phaneuf took Methot's spot on the protected list, which meant that if we wanted to protect Methot we either had to expose THREE of the forwards we did protect (not just Dzingel) or expose one of Karlsson (lol, yeah right), or Ceci.

Now, I'm not saying Dorion has been perfect since taking charge, but you can't blame him for losing Methot. The cost to protect Methot wasn't just "give us Dzingel". By many accounts, it was more along the lines of: our 1st round pick + Logan Brown + they will still pick one of our players (and no, they wouldn't have taken Boro...).

I'm pretty sure if the price to get Vegas to not take Methot was what Dallas actually traded to get him (a 2nd round pick in 2020 and a 7th round goaltending prospect) Dorion would have paid it without any hesitation.

If anyone is to blame for us losing Methot, its the League itself for giving Vegas to much power in the expansion draft.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Wasn't there another option we could have gone when it comes to protecting our guys?

Wasn't there an option to protect 4 forwards and 4 defenseman?

I personally would have just protected Karlsson, Methot, Phaneuf and Ceci for our defenseman and Hoffman, Turris, Stone and Pageau/Brassard for our forwards.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wasn't there another option we could have gone when it comes to protecting our guys?

I personally would have just protected Karlsson, Methot, Phaneuf and Ceci for our defenseman and Hoffman, Turris, Stone and Pageau/Brassard for our forwards.

Where does Dzingel come into it then?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Where does Dzingel come into it then?

What do you mean.

I am just saying i would rather have gone the 4 defenseman and 4 forward route and risk losing a guy like Dzingle rather than losing a top 4 defenseman, which are hard to replace nowadays.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013

Of course and I understand why some people fell that way. I'm just saying I don't see what it has to do with Dzingel. I think if we went the 4 and 4 route, one of Pageau/Brassard/Smith would have been selected, not Dzingel. The whole reason we went with 7 and 3 was to protect those three guys, while Dzingel was just a guy with decent upside who they decided to protect for that last forward spot.

IMO if you're gonna debate who should have been exposed over Methot, it should be Pageau/Brassard/Smith, not Dzingel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad