Speculation: Do You Want Gerard Gallant Fired?

Do You Want Gerard Gallant Fired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
His postgame comments are “happy to get a point” lol no accountability. He knows he’s coaching for his job
By this point drury should alrady have made his mind up to fire him after the season.

If i were drury, just ride out the season Bc hiring a new coach probably wont do anything year. Dont make a single trade at deadline and fire gallant the day we get eliminated.

Reactions: OldBlueshirt

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
By this point drury should alrady have made his mind up to fire him after the season.

If i were drury, just ride out the season Bc hiring a new coach probably wont do anything year. Dont make a single trade at deadline and fire gallant the day we get eliminated.

I don’t think Drury has all the time in the world to make that decision. Meanwhile he has a 9 day break and a Cup winning coach hanging out there. Stranger things have happened

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I don’t think Drury has all the time in the world to make that decision. Meanwhile he has a 9 day break and a Cup winning coach hanging out there. Stranger things have happened
Even trotz wont be able to turn this team around that fast. Need an offseason and training camp.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Who else is getting fired in the NHL in the next week or is Gallant the only one?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Can I change my answer? Indefensible to stop playing the kids in this game and his asinine comments before sounded like AV in his last days here.

Drury was in Toronto for. It was obviously a big game for both sides and Gallant manes a massive coaching blunder to lose late. Not a good look. 9 days off after Friday, maybe time for Dolan’s millions to make a run at Trotz
We need to keep receipts so we can say we told you so!

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
This interview makes my skin crawl. Accountability for days.

This exact comment and attitude breeds entitlement.

This is what you can see I'm this team and it's what trouba was talking about in that interview after the Chicago game when he lost it. I think Drury is starting to have a divide with his coach but the issue is his coach had a playoff run last year and if Drury has to fire him after not even two years on the job it's a knock on Drury.

I am not advocating for him but I maintain Babcock is going to coach in this league again, world is he was under consideration in Vancouver prior to their hire.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

That's not how things work when 40+% of your cap is tied into players entering 29+ years old or much older. You don't have years to just piss away...

Reactions: McRanger92

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
That's not how things work when 40+% of your cap is tied into players entering 29+ years old or much older. You don't have years to just piss away...
Not that i disagree with you, but i just think this year is already pissed away. Even if trotz is hired tomorrow. I just dont think he would have enough time to get the tram firing on all cylinders without a training camp.

I would love to be proven wrong though. Maybe chris should try it as an experiment

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not that i disagree with you, but i just think this year is already pissed away. Even if trotz is hired tomorrow. I just dont think he would have enough time to get the tram firing on all cylinders without a training camp.

I would love to be proven wrong though. Maybe chris should try it as an experiment

On the contrary, I think his system is actually very easy to pick up.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

Yeah but logic goes out the window on this when your owner just cares about playoff revenue and relevancy within the league.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yeah but logic goes out the window on this when your owner just cares about playoff revenue and relevancy within the league.

In this case it’s somewhat warranted though no? There’s a ton of talent on this team that Gallant can’t get the most out of on a consistent basis. And as much as we banter about moving Panarin or Trouba or Kreider, it’s highly unlikely it happens. They can’t afford to piss away this season with Gallant benching his best players late in games

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
He made a big mistake tonight sitting the kid line when they were going. Overall though I still think this team is about where they should be based on the roster that they have.

Reactions: Bob Richards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad