Speculation: Do You Want Gerard Gallant Fired?

Do You Want Gerard Gallant Fired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
On the contrary, I think his system is actually very easy to pick up.
His system is simple but his culture is not. Him coming into this org would be a grenade of a reality check for a bunch of guys here with the accountability that would be instilled. I don't think it's an accident panarin turned down more money from the islanders when trotz was the coach to come to nyr. If it came down to the two teams/NYC area who do you think panarin would rather player under if given the choice: a disciplinarian who demands accountability or a rookie ish college coach who had a history of letting good college players do whatever they wanted?

In this case it’s somewhat warranted though no? There’s a ton of talent on this team that Gallant can’t get the most out of on a consistent basis. And as much as we banter about moving Panarin or Trouba or Kreider, it’s highly unlikely it happens. They can’t afford to piss away this season with Gallant benching his best players late in games
I don't disagree. That's why I made another post earlier saying this is a very interesting period for Drury bc he built this group and made this team and picked this coach. These are his guys and there are things here that he as a player would not be okay with on his team. That matters right now and it will be interesting to see how he handles things over the break.

Haha thats true. Forgot about the dolan factor.
Never forget the Dolan factor, NEVER!

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
We need someone who creates a no-nonsense atmosphere, especially in practice and with developing the young players.

Exhibit A:

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Better to not wait. Trotz will have options in the summer

Might be other options in the summer. Maybe RBA if the canes fail? RBA would have the team more structured, hardworking, fit plus he'd be good with the kids, like he's been in Carolina. He's a coach that can actually coach as in teach on a skill level too which I think would help the kids. RBA at minimum would lay a solid foundation of hard work (Torts like) to build upon. Or, maybe Drury is hoping for Sullivan (pls no)

etc.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
After the game GG said he liked the effort from the team. The whole team. Top 6 played a good game.

If the kid line was any other line and they had a game like that, he’d shut down the presser to give them their praise. Guy is a clown.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
bad decision last night but I’m still indifferent.

Last edited:

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
This team is 4th in the league since Dec 5th or sometime like that.
Just saying... <whistles>
And yet nobody thinks we are a contender. Not analysts or anything. And many pundits think we are underachieving. We are. Clearly we arent playing well but are still winning.

This team should be talked about with the likes of tampa and we really have enough talent to win the metro.

But we arent. Our PP is scuffling, or offense is inconsistent, our defense is been underrwhelming.

We have enough talent to match with basically anyone. But we play as individual talent and not like a good structured team.

Talent only gets u so far.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
After the game GG said he liked the effort from the team. The whole team. Top 6 played a good game.

If the kid line was the any other line and they had a game like that, he’d shut down the presser to give them their praise. Guy is a clown.
100%.

They win 6-2, have a bad second period, and he criticizes the effort.

3/4 lines play like dogshit and he won't praise the one line that was pretty good, and thinks the effort was good in a pathetic loss where they basically sat back for the second half of the third period.

Oh, and Vesey back on the top line.

FOH.

Reactions: Atax

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Might be other options in the summer. Maybe RBA if the canes fail? RBA would have the team more structured, hardworking, fit plus he'd be good with the kids, like he's been in Carolina. He's a coach that can actually coach as in teach on a skill level too which I think would help the kids. RBA at minimum would lay a solid foundation of hard work (Torts like) to build upon. Or, maybe Drury is hoping for Sullivan (pls no)

etc.

Pipe dream. Rod also isn’t a better coach than Trotz and pretty overrated imo

Reactions: cheech70

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
"And yet nobody thinks we are a contender. Not analysts or anything. "

good - screw those assholes. other then choosing the usual contenders how often are those so called analysts correct?

regarding trotz just remember that he and the isles were eliminated twice by tampa.

for the sake of further team success let us all hope that GG does find a way to align everything right on time before post season and cut down or even totally eliminate the borderline brandon staley type of shit he's been doing all season. .

Reactions: NickyFotiu

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
I would love to see the Rangers win 9-0 against Vegas on Friday with the entire kid line scoring hat tricks:

GG, after the game, when asked about the kids, "Yah, they're really somethin, yah. The whole team played great, yah. Barclay really made a key play along the wall there...and Jimmy, just really good all night. Then Mika with the one timer, I thought there goalie was really hurtin' after he stopped that one, yah, and maybe that's why we scored all those goals...so yah, great team effort, but I might have to re-evaluate the lines tomorrow, we'll take a look at it."

Reactions: CLW

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
As many have mentioned, it certainly seems like this organization's problems reach far beyond the coach.

Watching many different sports over the last few years has got me thinking - the most successful franchises seem to realize it's the maximization of their talent's potential that represents their best opportunity for success. And the importance of understanding that potential resides in the coaches and players - and not in some bullshit concepts of "historical franchises" or institutional superiority.

For example, during these late dark ages, the NY Giants were so stuck on the franchise's history and whatever the hell "Giants Football" meant and all of these backward ideas about being a "proud" franchise. So they brought in coaches with ties to the franchise who preached playing football "The Right Way™" and getting back to "fundamentals." Meanwhile, the league progressed and advanced, and they were regularly embarrassed by teams embracing modernity and evolution.

Teams really need to focus on finding whatever ways possible to effectively realize the potential of their talent without having a specific end goal or template they force it to fit. Specifically not believing that potential can only be realized through what has previously been successful for the organization. (btw this is the same with successful businesses).

The Rangers, unfortunately, as an organization seem stuck on building for success based on a backward-facing perspective of what can be successful - especially in terms of player development. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the organization as a whole is clearly still obsessed with the 94 team. Is anyone really surprised that an organization STILL reliant on the influence of Glen Sather struggles to maximize young talent? We draft forwards oozing with offensive potential and regularly spend the incredibly vital next ~3 years of their development making sure they "play the right way." Which apparently to this organization means being able to be a 3rd line checking forward. We regularly pass on potential in the draft and on waivers for "safe" players with size and grit who can grind grind grind! Jed Ortmeyer, Tanner Glass, and Matt Hunwick comprise our player development department!

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
That GG interview is still pissing me off. He looks so incredibly foolish but he speaks so matter of fact, as if his 17th in the league mediocre powerplay is untouchable. Get a clue.

That's a little too much dude. I get it, you want him gone, but a tad over the top. But I know you didn't mean it, I hope you didn't, lol. :skeptic:
If there's one thing I know about @EdJovanovski, it's that everything he says is completely grounded and 100% realistic in all circumstances.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
And yet nobody thinks we are a contender. Not analysts or anything. And many pundits think we are underachieving. We are. Clearly we arent playing well but are still winning.

This team should be talked about with the likes of tampa and we really have enough talent to win the metro.

But we arent. Our PP is scuffling, or offense is inconsistent, our defense is been underrwhelming.

We have enough talent to match with basically anyone. But we play as individual talent and not like a good structured team.

Talent only gets u so far.

100% agree

Reactions: Ruggs225

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
This thread wants to fire GG for a point conceded to Mathews Marner Tavares Nulander et al

gawd
Not really. Wanted him fired long before that.

For me it really started with the decision to bench kakko and play strome in tampa last playoffs.

But i still thought he should be given more time.

But as this season progressed u just see that he is incapable of making good personnel decisions, doesnt adjust and really doesnt have control over this team.

Right now the rangers are good, because the rangers have good players. We can potentially be even better, a top 5 team and cup contender if we had a coach that knew how to properly install a system, get the players to buy into it, and properly use personnel instead of just relying on vets when they are clearly struggling.

He has no pulse on this team, and often we play uninspired hockey because of it.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Who we bringing in? Trotz? That guy is a mental patient. Lou broke him. Queenville? Lots of Baggage. Mike Babcock? That guy is a piece of shit. A second go round with AV? I thought you people wanted to win. Some young buck with little to no NHL head coaching experience? Been there done that. Is there a Sutter brother available??

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Who we bringing in? Trotz? That guy is a mental patient. Lou broke him. Queenville? Lots of Baggage. Mike Babcock? That guy is a piece of shit. A second go round with AV? I thought you people wanted to win. Some young buck with little to no NHL head coaching experience? Been there done that. Is there a Sutter brother available??
They want "whoever we don't have now" Always has been, always will be.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
It's a bit frustrating when people will lay out their issues, and the defenders will be like : 1. Our record! 2. Who replaces him. 3. Whiney fanbase. 4.They were a good team.

If people can watch that game and not have an issue with his personal/deployment decisions, then IDK what to say. Our best line was Chytils line, and they saw like 1 shift in the last 10 minutes. Our PP is anemic and he keeps putting Trocheck/Kreider out there. He allows injured vets to play even if it hurts the team (Strome in the playoffs dude couldnt move, Kreider/Trouba.) I'm over it.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
This thread wants to fire GG for a point conceded to Mathews Marner Tavares Nulander et al

gawd
I've wanted Gallant fired since the way he handled the ECF. Specifically the last game. The way he managed his roster before and during that game was inexcusable and a precursor for what he'd do this season. He isn't a coach to lead a team to a Cup Championship. He just isn't. Trotz is one that has and can. And I'd MUCH prefer Trotz. Maybe, just maybe, he would distribute the ice time based on current on going merit instead of feelings or anything else. He also demands structure, which Gallant does not.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
I've wanted Gallant fired since the way he handled the ECF. Specifically the last game. The way he managed his roster before and during that game was inexcusable and a precursor for what he'd do this season. He isn't a coach to lead a team to a Cup Championship. He just isn't. Trotz is one that has and can. And I'd MUCH prefer Trotz. Maybe, just maybe, he would distribute the ice time based on current on going merit instead of feelings or anything else. He also demands structure, which Gallant does not.
Interesting…do you think that GG should put Laffy on PP1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad