Speculation: Do You Want Gerard Gallant Fired?

Do You Want Gerard Gallant Fired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Fair point. I actually do think the lines we have now are pretty close to what they should be. 47 games in is a hell of a time to get there though

I think its’s too late in the season and they are too high in the standings
oh i definitely know its not gonna happen, but this thread is about what we would like to see happen.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I do not like railing on coaches but turk is consistently out matchup by opposing coaches during games. This roster isn't good enough to just send out and let them win against good teams. They can beat up average teams, but they have no tactics to match the good ones. I don't want him fired just to fire him, I want him replaced for the right tactical coach that will also demand accountability throughout the lineup.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Imagine what Chytil's numbers would look like right now this season if he weren't relegated to 3rd line, no PP, and 15 minutes total ATOI.

He's a legit 2nd line center right now at worst. He could have had a 60-65 point season.
Imagine what the PP would look like with him and Kakko instead of the useless rotting pus filled corpses of Trocheck and Kreider

OrwellianNightmare

May 2, 2022
Trotz. Now. Please.

Don’t care if we play the most boring system in NHL history. Any system is better than this unstructured garbage.

I don't know who the answer is right now, but it's hard not to see the potential with Trotz when you have the reigning Vezina winner in Shesterkin and one of the top scoring bluelines in the league led by a Norris winner in Fox.

Maybe we strengthen an actual strength of this team (goaltending/defense) rather than try to focus on the offense. I'm not against bobbop's idea of adding Chychrun to an already robust defense core.

Depth on defense is huge for a playoff run.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I've wanted Trocheck off the PP since July.
You And me both, but "rhs in bumper" (panarin should still go there...) and "geometry" were the things that people wanting to act smart kept spitting around. The bottom line is he is not a pp1 caliber player which is absolutely okay so long as you don't try to shoehorn him into that role. His shot and vision aren't good enough for the role they ask him to play.

Last edited:

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Can I change my answer? Indefensible to stop playing the kids in this game and his asinine comments before sounded like AV in his last days here.

Drury was in Toronto for. It was obviously a big game for both sides and Gallant manes a massive coaching blunder to lose late. Not a good look. 9 days off after Friday, maybe time for Dolan’s millions to make a run at Trotz

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Can I change my answer? Indefensible to stop playing the kids in this game and his asinine comments before sounded like AV in his last days here.

Drury was in Toronto for. It was obviously a big game for both sides and Gallant manes a massive coaching blunder to lose late. Not a good look. 9 days off after Friday, maybe time for Dolan’s millions to make a run at Trotz
This was my turning point game as well. I had been on the fence before but it's just so glaringly obvious at this point.

• Love
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

I think it's still necessary for the Isles to give permission to the Rangers to even talk to Trotz now until the offseason.

This interview makes my skin crawl. Accountability for days.

😡 I totally agree with you, Irish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad