Speculation: Do You Want Gerard Gallant Fired?

Do You Want Gerard Gallant Fired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If my vote is going to be publicly visible, screw that. Lol

In all seriousness, I am indifferent, I honestly don’t know.

Reactions: Number 9

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
A different coach will make a big difference on the ice. People who voted no are just unaware of whats going on and only looking at our record.

Gallant does NONE of the following: Implement a system defensive esp and offensive. Stop with this pond hockey bullshit and a defense where nobody knows where to go. That in itself will help a tremendous amount.
Then there is the constant line shuffling and relying on vets to save his ass.
Theres the im not here to help develop players.
Then There is i can shuffle on the lines but not change the pp which has been 0 for the centrury mark since december.
He does not line match and is constantly out classed in coaching bc he doesnt coach.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
On one hand I don't think this is a guy with any secret master plans he's hiding from everyone, but the fact that he almost definitely is getting fired if we miss the playoffs could be responsible for some things like the PP1 staying the same all year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Need a 3rd option Ed, which is I don't care. I am indifferent, if they fired him or not I don't think it would drastically change the outcome of this season.

Agreed. The organization has a fundamental player development issue that transcends the coach and goes directly to the core of the organization's development philosophy. The idea that a coaching change would be anything more than a band-aid, here, is amusing to me, though.

I love Graves, for example. But what has he done for prospect development, really? Who is actually spearheading what the team does on the development side? It's not as if things dramatically changed, there, when Drury took over. We seem to have had the same prospect development issues (at least offensively) since the 00s.

This is far, far removed from the coaching at this point.

But, sure. Fire the coach. Don't address anything at the core of the issue. That is what we have always done. Clearly it has worked, right?

A different coach will make a big difference on the ice. People who voted no are just unaware of whats going on and only looking at our record.

:: yawn ::

Those thinking that this is anything more than a bandaid must not have been paying attention for the last 20+ years. Just "unaware of what's going on," I'd say.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I'd like the Rangers to play better 5on5.

I don't think any coach, regardless of who that is, will be able to get certain players to buy into any sort of system or identity.

Big contracts and no movement clauses dictates how, and who plays. It would take an organization attitude shift far above the coaching level for that to change.

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
I think Quennville is the most likely scenario in the future. Gallant is staying through this season unless we collapse and don't make the playoffs. Then I imagine he will be here next as well, with playoff results dictating if he comes back for year 4.
Gallant is fine for now. Grass is always greener, etc.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'd rather move our biggest contract.

How about we just finally change how the f*** we develop players? We've tried everything else even though I and others on here have been HOWLING about the player development issue for years, now. We are excellent at developing defenders and goaltenders.

We are horrific at developing impact forwards. We can develop two-way forwards all day, it feels like.

This has been a problem, now, since at least the early 00s. I actually think it goes back well before then, but you start getting hazy when you have truly different people in the upper management. Frankly, I place most of this at the feet of Sather. He's really the one constant with all of this and it is abundantly clear that his philosophy is something the organization has fully embraced from top to bottom.

He may only be an advisor, now, but I don't think anyone could convince me that Drury is not his disciple and that Dolan doesn't agree with his philosophy. The organization is broken.

And people on here just want a new coach. F***ing easy way out bullshit once again. But whatever.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
2nd year of rebuild top 10-15 in NHL..fox,kam,k2.filip,4,74,13,55,31..we will be fine ...GG is very good as a coach

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
How about we just finally change how the f*** we develop players? We've tried everything else even though I and others on here have been HOWLING about the player development issue for years, now. We are excellent at developing defenders and goaltenders.

We are horrific at developing impact forwards. We can develop two-way forwards all day, it feels like.

This has been a problem, now, since at least the early 00s. I actually think it goes back well before then, but you start getting hazy when you have truly different people in the upper management. Frankly, I place most of this at the feet of Sather. He's really the one constant with all of this and it is abundantly clear that his philosophy is something the organization has fully embraced from top to bottom.

He may only be an advisor, now, but I don't think anyone could convince me that Drury is not his disciple and that Dolan doesn't agree with his philosophy. The organization is broken.

And people on here just want a new coach. F***ing easy way out bullshit once again. But whatever.

The organization has deep problems when it comes to philosophy, decision making, development, etc. that’s for certain.

But Gallant is horrible independent of all that. There are absolutely no positives he brings to this team, only negatives. Getting rid of him won’t solve all our issues, but just because you have cancer doesn’t mean you can’t treat your gonorrhea as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad