Diablo 2: Resurrected - Release 9/23 - Open Beta on 8/20

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
servers are kind of a joke rn. down again today, and they were down for some of Sat too.

folks losing items and progression too

come on people

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
servers are kind of a joke rn. down again today, and they were down for some of Sat too.

folks losing items and progression too

come on people

It's kind of ridiculous some of these kinks haven't been worked out yet. I'm still getting crashes pretty consistently.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I thought it'd take me a lot longer to start to get bored of the game, but here we are not even a month later. The constant crashing and now the wait queues, it has become more of a chore than fun at this point. Probably going to take a break for a little bit. I have almost all the gear I want, just missing a couple perfect high end pieces, can farm any area of the game, and have a friend with a smiter than can kill all the Ubers. Not much left for me to do other than find super rare stuff, but the crashing ruins that and I can't make/create games too quickly or I get blocked out (I can run the Summoner in about 15 seconds if I guess right in Arcane).

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I know I said earlier that I couldn't play D2 again because I burned myself out on it back in the day, but I've been watching loot videos on youtube and it's given me the itch BIG TIME. I can't fall into the D2 hole again though. I won't come out for 6-12 months and I have too much going on IRL to fall back in.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Is it stable yet? Haven't played in about 2 weeks after I lost 18 levels at some point. Read that Blizzard decided to make people lose levels instead of shutting the game down completely...fun times.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Is it stable yet? Haven't played in about 2 weeks after I lost 18 levels at some point. Read that Blizzard decided to make people lose levels instead of shutting the game down completely...fun times.

Nope. Still not stable.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I've got an extra tal rasha mask, anyone on Xbox one have extra tal pieces (lidless eye, belt, armor(lol)) they would swap?

AceKing21

Oct 19, 2021
Central NY
Played closed and open beta and experienced constant crashing and disconnects. Was hoping that once the game went live Blizz would have it all worked out, but nope. Played for 2 days, uninstalled and have not had the urge to think about playing again. Instead I have been playing Wolcen and Path of Exile here and there. I also play Anima, Eternium and Marvel Revolution on mobile.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Played closed and open beta and experienced constant crashing and disconnects. Was hoping that once the game went live Blizz would have it all worked out, but nope. Played for 2 days, uninstalled and have not had the urge to think about playing again. Instead I have been playing Wolcen and Path of Exile here and there. I also play Anima, Eternium and Marvel Revolution on mobile.

They are saying that it's the way people are playing like Baal runs etc. that is causing crashing as they jump really fast from one game to the next.

AceKing21

Oct 19, 2021
Central NY
They are saying that it's the way people are playing like Baal runs etc. that is causing crashing as they jump really fast from one game to the next.

Makes sense. AND to think the millions and millions of dollars Blizz makes per month off games like WoW, etc and they can't maintain stable servers?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Makes sense. AND to think the millions and millions of dollars Blizz makes per month off games like WoW, etc and they can't maintain stable servers?
Don't disagree. Activision sucks and are cheap, all they care about is profit.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

It's a really bad excuse. The way people behave today is the same as they did before resurrected, just in lower numbers. They should've known this is how people were going to play and it's actually the only way to play in the late game because of the way certain drops work. Computers being faster has likely hurt this aspect a bit too, but there's really no excuse for constantly disconnecting if you run a game too fast. I'm actually running the Summoner too quickly and subsequently getting blocked from playing, it's an absurd problem to have.

A drastic measure to address the constant remaking of games would be to change the way some of the drops happen. Currently only a single character drops specific keys, so people are farming just those specific keys are running through the games incredibly fast. Make it so the keys can drop anywhere in specified areas and there might be a slower game creation rate.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It's a really bad excuse. The way people behave today is the same as they did before resurrected, just in lower numbers. They should've known this is how people were going to play and it's actually the only way to play in the late game because of the way certain drops work. Computers being faster has likely hurt this aspect a bit too, but there's really no excuse for constantly disconnecting if you run a game too fast. I'm actually running the Summoner too quickly and subsequently getting blocked from playing, it's an absurd problem to have.

A drastic measure to address the constant remaking of games would be to change the way some of the drops happen. Currently only a single character drops specific keys, so people are farming just those specific keys are running through the games incredibly fast. Make it so the keys can drop anywhere in specified areas and there might be a slower game creation rate.

That was my initial comment on this when some friends were talking about it...how is this any different than how we did boss runs 15 years ago? I mean the biggest days they have had so far supposedly is abut 1M simultaneous players which I am sure if a fraction of how many were on at the same time during the games heyday.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That was my initial comment on this when some friends were talking about it...how is this any different than how we did boss runs 15 years ago? I mean the biggest days they have had so far supposedly is abut 1M simultaneous players which I am sure if a fraction of how many were on at the same time during the games heyday.

The keys were added later I think, so I'm not sure what the player count was at that point, but it must've been somewhat similar. Maybe the naturally longer load times helped it not crash but I don't think so (partially because the load times have been brutal still). I think blaming the players is such an insane excuse. We're playing the game they made too efficiently. :laugh:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

I don't think it is a bad excuse. It is legitimate. Is it Poor planning? Absolutely!

The way the game plays is not different. That is for sure. What is different is the concept of global servers and how the game saves. Changing how items are farmed won't fix the issue. Fixing their piss poor planning and execution when it comes to game servers... that will fix it.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The server/game creation issues really are a shame. The game itself plays great and looks great. But so many annoyances. Type in a game name incorrectly? Locked out. Try and create a game that already exists? Locked out. Leave a game too quickly after joining? Locked out. Doesn't help that the list of games available seems to rarely properly update.

Not to mention queue times that at times have been over an hour long depending on when I've tried signing in.

About ready to wait until they release the first ladder season and see if they've fixed these issues by then.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The server/game creation issues really are a shame. The game itself plays great and looks great. But so many annoyances. Type in a game name incorrectly? Locked out. Try and create a game that already exists? Locked out. Leave a game too quickly after joining? Locked out. Doesn't help that the list of games available seems to rarely properly update.

Not to mention queue times that at times have been over an hour long depending on when I've tried signing in.

About ready to wait until they release the first ladder season and see if they've fixed these issues by then.

TBH, I can at least give them credit for not releasing ladder right away knowing that there would be launch issues.

I didn't have any issues with wait times yesterday, although the getting locked out thing is so old.

Found my first shako on D2R last night as well as my first Tal armor EVER.

Reactions: Spawn

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

They said the ladder season won't be started until everything is stable and there is no more issues logging in etc.

Reactions: Spawn

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
TBH, I can at least give them credit for not releasing ladder right away knowing that there would be launch issues.

I didn't have any issues with wait times yesterday, although the getting locked out thing is so old.

Found my first shako on D2R last night as well as my first Tal armor EVER.
Congrats on the finds. That dopamine hit is great. No other arpg has been able to replicate that for me.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

bug fixes and..."features" coming!

They pretty much lost me so it really better be significant. The things I was willing to deal with in the launch week is way different than over a month later. Queue times stop me from playing when I want to play, which is a really big problem.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
They pretty much lost me so it really better be significant. The things I was willing to deal with in the launch week is way different than over a month later. Queue times stop me from playing when I want to play, which is a really big problem.

like now you mean?? the weekend? it's pretty frustrating to log on and be presented with an unmoving queue of 150+

the rest of the week I don't play in the morning so I don't care, but it's aggravating right now for sure.

nonetheless, I am somewhat surprised they're adding "features" to D2. I did not expect anything past what is required to fix this logon/database nonsense and what was included at launch.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00