Diablo 2: Resurrected - Release 9/23 - Open Beta on 8/20

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Bought the game the night before launch.

“Oh nice, I can predownload it, I should be able to play it after work tomorrow if I start it now.”

2 days later….

How am I only at 80% done! Have I gone back to 2000 and connected to the original servers?

That's bizarre, I've been playing since Thursday night. There are a few hiccups here and there when the game crashes or won't allow me to make a game that requires me to log out and in again, otherwise it's been fine. All in all, I think I've had three crashes (including when in the lobby, not in a game) and maybe three times where I had to log in and out again. I'm level 61, so I've put a ton of time in already so it's not too bad.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
That's bizarre, I've been playing since Thursday night. There are a few hiccups here and there when the game crashes or won't allow me to make a game that requires me to log out and in again, otherwise it's been fine. All in all, I think I've had three crashes (including when in the lobby, not in a game) and maybe three times where I had to log in and out again. I'm level 61, so I've put a ton of time in already so it's not too bad.

Admittedly we do not have the fastest internet (cant wait till our star link comes in) and normally a 30GB downoad may take a night and a bit to download on the PS4, but this one on the PC took forever. Also didn't help that my wife would pause the download during the day so she could us the internet for her Zoom meetings.....pshhhh work ;)

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
SO i am getting an error that says "You haven't been online in the last 30 day, Please start the game while online to check for any login agreements." I am connected to the internet so I am not sure what is going on.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Admittedly we do not have the fastest internet (cant wait till our star link comes in) and normally a 30GB downoad may take a night and a bit to download on the PS4, but this one on the PC took forever. Also didn't help that my wife would pause the download during the day so she could us the internet for her Zoom meetings.....pshhhh work ;)

What a selfish woman she is trying to earn real monies when she should be thinking about all the gold you'd have on battle.net if she just let the game finish downloading!

SO i am getting an error that says "You haven't been online in the last 30 day, Please start the game while online to check for any login agreements." I am connected to the internet so I am not sure what is going on.

Apparently that's been an issue for some people. Haven't experienced it myself, it was supposed to be fixed but some people are still saying it's happening to them. The fix many reported was switching regions and then switching back. Might be worth a shot.

You have not been onlin in the last 30 days. Please start the game while online to check for any login agreements

Reactions: Osprey

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
What a selfish woman she is trying to earn real monies when she should be thinking about all the gold you'd have on battle.net if she just let the game finish downloading!

Apparently that's been an issue for some people. Haven't experienced it myself, it was supposed to be fixed but some people are still saying it's happening to them. The fix many reported was switching regions and then switching back. Might be worth a shot.

You have not been onlin in the last 30 days. Please start the game while online to check for any login agreements

I know RIGHT! ;)

I saw that suggestion too, but no dice. :(

EDIT: Got in finally. Had to reset my internet connection.

Last edited:

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
so first character will be an Auradin. then I think I'll make an Assassin, then a MF Sorc.

man, this is like getting back on heroin again lol

Maggot Tunnels still the source of the same issues I see (slime doors don't open reliably, companion AI useless in the tunnels,etc etc) :laugh:

ah, nostalgia...

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ugh still hitting the wrong hot keys lol because I am so use to the D3 ones. Like when I try and use a heal potion I keep hitting Q and not 1 to 4.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What's nice this time around that I don't remember we could do before is reset your skill points and stat points at any time.

You only get to do it once per difficulty, unless you farm a bunch of Hell difficulty "essence" which would allow you to do it again. Be careful not to do it too early.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
You only get to do it once per difficulty, unless you farm a bunch of Hell difficulty "essence" which would allow you to do it again. Be careful not to do it too early.
There must be a bug then as I have done it twice on the same character in the same difficulty...weird.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
If you’re playing through normal and not getting rushed, you definitely want to max out low level skills and respec somewhere between 28-35. maxroll.gg has the guides

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Did you already advance to Nightmare though? Curious if it allows you to respec in the same difficulty as long as you've unlocked the ability to do so. If it is a bug, I'm kind of interested in trying myself.

Here's a guide for anyone interested:

Diablo 2 respec: How to reset your skills and stats explained
Sorry you are right, I was sure I did it a second time but I think I thought that because I had piled up a bunch of stat and skill points. I went and checked last night when I played again and the option was indeed gone.

Reactions: PK Cronin

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Sorry you are right, I was sure I did it a second time but I think I thought that because I had piled up a bunch of stat and skill points. I went and checked last night when I played again and the option was indeed gone.
Though a friend who has played way more than me says there is another way to reset but involves getting ingredients in the game.

1 Twisted Essence of Suffering + 1 Charged Essence of Hatred + 1 Burning Essence of Terror + 1 Festering Essence of Destruction = Token of Absolution

you find twisted from andy or duriel, charged from mephisto, burning from diablo, festering from baal

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I put damn near 500 hours into Diablo 2 and LoD back when they released on PC.... so it kinda feels weird and dirty to say....

I think I kinda prefer Diablo 3. In its current state, obviously, not its launch state.

There's a bunch of stuff in Diablo 2 that feel their age, while Diablo 3 has been smoothed out and enhanced in a lot of ways.

Obviously I have to note, I played Diablo 3 and this remake of Diablo 2 on console.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
5oh59o.jpg

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Oh man, I do not miss those days! The other day I downloaded a 50gb game on my wife's PS5 just to do a quick multi-player trophy, it only took about 5 minutes and right after I got the trophy I deleted the game. I have been taking this power for granted! Your story reminded me of the days where downloading a single song was something that took a while. I hope you get your Star Link soon!

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Oh man, I do not miss those days! The other day I downloaded a 50gb game on my wife's PS5 just to do a quick multi-player trophy, it only took about 5 minutes and right after I got the trophy I deleted the game. I have been taking this power for granted! Your story reminded me of the days where downloading a single song was something that took a while. I hope you get your Star Link soon!

I hope so too suppose to be mid to late 2021.

Reactions: Saitama

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I put damn near 500 hours into Diablo 2 and LoD back when they released on PC.... so it kinda feels weird and dirty to say....

I think I kinda prefer Diablo 3. In its current state, obviously, not its launch state.

There's a bunch of stuff in Diablo 2 that feel their age, while Diablo 3 has been smoothed out and enhanced in a lot of ways.

Obviously I have to note, I played Diablo 3 and this remake of Diablo 2 on console.
My thing with Diablo II was, I actually liked it for the story, and III just felt lazy.

I played Diablo III on console but I played II on PC.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I've been having as much fun with this game as the original and, it is just as addicting.

What is nice is that the community isn't nearly as toxic as it was 15 years ago at its peak. People seem more collaborative and generally nicer. What is also nice is that there is just enough of the toxicity left that when someone shit talks you during a run or something, hostiling them and immediately teleing to their location and whacking them is so unbelievably satisfying. :laugh:

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I've been having as much fun with this game as the original and, it is just as addicting.

What is nice is that the community isn't nearly as toxic as it was 15 years ago at its peak. People seem more collaborative and generally nicer. What is also nice is that there is just enough of the toxicity left that when someone shit talks you during a run or something, hostiling them and immediately teleing to their location and whacking them is so unbelievably satisfying. :laugh:

Haven't found many lobbies that don't seem run by 6 year olds so I've been playing solo on bnet when not pushing my friend's characters so he can try out abilities at higher levels.

Still just as fun as the game was when I was a kid. Got my sorc up to level 73 and I'm not even bored yet, find I lose interest in most games by those hour amounts lately.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Haven't found many lobbies that don't seem run by 6 year olds so I've been playing solo on bnet when not pushing my friend's characters so he can try out abilities at higher levels.

Still just as fun as the game was when I was a kid. Got my sorc up to level 73 and I'm not even bored yet, find I lose interest in most games by those hour amounts lately.
Nice! My sorc is at 86. About to get the final piece of her full Tal set. She is an MFing beast! Having an absolute blast with this game.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I haven't had any toxicity in the game at all, unless you count people getting somewhat annoyed in trade games. It's been a pretty positive experience playing with random people aside from the technical issues (random crashes or the inability to join/make a game).

My blizzard Sorc just hit level 90 last night and is pretty strong. Opted to go straight damage instead of MF so I can farm high runes instead of gear (I can solo Chaos, ancient tunnels, summoner, Andariel, Countess, Trav, and Meph). The biggest issue for me has been the lack of space. Even with the shared stashes it doesn't seem to be enough. Hoarding gems and runes just takes up so much god damn room! Trading is my least favorite part of the game because it takes so long to move some pieces, even if they have value, because of the way game names work.

If anyone needs help with anything send me a PM and I'll gladly help rush a character or help with a task/quest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad