Diablo 2: Resurrected - Release 9/23 - Open Beta on 8/20

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
my PC is pretty old now I dont think it could support this lol.
I know the console version is going to be missing them. D2 is going to be a major piece of junk on console I just know it
I tried to go on Blizzard and talk to them they told me to go on the forum
but apparently I cant post because I didnt buy D2..... but I did and my PS account is linked to Blizzard so I give up lol
prob not gnna ask for my money back.

I mean without the ability to name games or join others created games we lose trading, PVP for the most part, MF, Power Lvling, Baal, Meph, Diablo, Cow runs.
not being able to chat with others is a freaking disgrace.

Basically game breaking. going to roll the dice and hope they don't exclude this

I could see it as a potentially added feature later on if the game sells well (which, I imagine it will).

I'd be a little surprised if it wasn't addressed at all. Why go through the trouble of porting it to the consoles if you're going to half ass it?

Obvious answer is money, but if you piss a lot of people off that's not good.

This is how it was for DIII on consoles and that game sold well and received great feedback from buyers.

I agree it seems like a no brainer to add in the ability to make custom games and join custom games. I can't imagine it is that much work either.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Wow, started playing as the Paladin after struggling with the Sorceress and this thing just shreds everything early on.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I could see it as a potentially added feature later on if the game sells well (which, I imagine it will).

This is how it was for DIII on consoles and that game sold well and received great feedback from buyers.

I agree it seems like a no brainer to add in the ability to make custom games and join custom games. I can't imagine it is that much work either.

That's just such a big part of the game I'm shocked they didn't and haven't included it. Not sure how it's even playable without it.

Wow, started playing as the Paladin after struggling with the Sorceress and this thing just shreds everything early on.

Sorceress is pretty easy to play and cheap, Paladins are likely the strongest in the game though when they're geared up properly. Hammerdin is a staple of the game and smiters are the absolute best but require a lot of high end gear.

Any character is viable during the beta though because it's only two acts and on normal.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Patch update for Beta weekend 2. Interesting changes to the final product - Will have Ladder runewords in Non-Ladder and single player. Dclone and ubers also available in single player. They also explained the reason for why the game will not launch with a ladder season. They want a small amount of time to ensure server stability and tbh, I appreciate it. No game launches without a massive server clusterf*** on day 1 & 2 anymore. Considering time is of the essence when it comes to Ladder races, I think that is a smart move as long as they are true to their word. Given what we have seen so far with this remaster, I have no reason to think they won't be.

Also, MrLamaSC seems to think that lobbies for console player would be a post launch update.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Patch update for Beta weekend 2. Interesting changes to the final product - Will have Ladder runewords in Non-Ladder and single player. Dclone and ubers also available in single player. They also explained the reason for why the game will not launch with a ladder season. They want a small amount of time to ensure server stability and tbh, I appreciate it. No game launches without a massive server clusterf*** on day 1 & 2 anymore. Considering time is of the essence when it comes to Ladder races, I think that is a smart move as long as they are true to their word. Given what we have seen so far with this remaster, I have no reason to think they won't be.

Also, MrLamaSC seems to think that lobbies for console player would be a post launch update.

I think it's a really good change. Doesn't make playing non-ladder completely useless to start with because you can find the runewords you need and aren't completely dependent on your ladder characters to find everything for them in season. Allowing people to fully participate and also go at their own pace is a nice change. I'll probably play ladder sometimes and non-ladder at other points as my interest ebbs and flows.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa

Having all runewords available in non-ladder is such a sensible change.

D2 is my top game of all time and I invested an endless amount of hours into it when I was younger but can’t do that anymore. I’ll participate in ladder seasons but it’ll be nice to also run on non-ladder without restrictions to item availability.

I’m strongly considering getting the game for my Series X but was concerned there may not be lobbies, so that news is promising as well. I do have a PC but I was very impressed with the beta on Xbox and have friends that will be getting it on the same platform.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'll be playing tonight when I get home from work and all day tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I started the download last night hoping it should be done in the morning. Must not have been, my wife turned off the computer's internet because she needed the bandwidth for her zoom meetings, hopefully I will be able to salvage my download when I get home.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It appears to have launched without issue according to some friends and Twitter. Some people were delayed a minute or two maybe, but otherwise it seems smooth for now.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Would not be a Blizzard launch without bugs I guess. I can log in and now the music is playing but the screen is black and there is a small D2 logo on the bottom right but nothing else

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
That's just such a big part of the game I'm shocked they didn't and haven't included it. Not sure how it's even playable without it.

Sorceress is pretty easy to play and cheap, Paladins are likely the strongest in the game though when they're geared up properly. Hammerdin is a staple of the game and smiters are the absolute best but require a lot of high end gear.

Any character is viable during the beta though because it's only two acts and on normal.

I ran alot of Paladins back in the day and my personal favorite was the Auroadin (which is what I will probably make first. It was a support class character that could make your Sorceress' become absolute beast when you had +30 or so to every characters abilities. I remember running through the bug tunnels in act 2 on the hardest difficulty with mid 60 level characters as the sorceress' obliterating entire swatch with the ice sphere.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
I got my assassin up to level 12 and want to do Countess runs, but the game keeps crashing. I don't like the new graphics, so I immediately revert to legacy. I'm looking forward to 8 player Cows and Baal when things stabilize, and mindlessly killing Pindleskin over and over again while listening to an audiobook.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Got to level 10 with a druid. Played with a friend and some other guys was a good ole time brings back memories of while in University and after studying I'll play this from like 10pm to 1 or 2 am with friends lol.

The biggest issue for me, since I have played a lot of D3 over the last year or two, is not mixing up hot keys and remembering that I can't just TP at any time or that D2 has stamina lol to worry about.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Anyone have this on PS4 or PS5 yet. I know there is no crossplay between different platforms, but is their crossplay between PS4 and PS5?
Supposedly you cannot play across platforms or systems yet but it is supposed to come at some point if I recall.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Bought the game the night before launch.

“Oh nice, I can predownload it, I should be able to play it after work tomorrow if I start it now.”

2 days later….

How am I only at 80% done! Have I gone back to 2000 and connected to the original servers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad