Diablo 2: Resurrected - Release 9/23 - Open Beta on 8/20

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
like now you mean?? the weekend? it's pretty frustrating to log on and be presented with an unmoving queue of 150+

the rest of the week I don't play in the morning so I don't care, but it's aggravating right now for sure.

nonetheless, I am somewhat surprised they're adding "features" to D2. I did not expect anything past what is required to fix this logon/database nonsense and what was included at launch.

I play in the mornings quite a bit, so yeah, really frustrating when I have a limited time window to play in and I can't even log on.

I'll reserve judgement on those features until I see them. Hopefully it's more than just silly things, either quality of life changes or content would be welcomed (really doubt it's content).

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
made a Bowazon ...my favorite character from the old days. found a Shako, traded for a Windforce (mal + um runes), checked out the 'free' channel a few times and was lucky to pick up a pair of Gore Riders. also managed to find a Sur rune in the Pit, and traded it for a Lo rune, so i could make Fortitude out of an Archon Plate i had saved. traded a Lem rune for an Atma's Scarab ammy (always loved the Amp damage on it). also traded a Lem rune for a Razortail belt, and another Lem for a Nosferatu's Coil belt. ohya ...also picked up a Ravenfrost ring ...i think i traded an Um rune for it ...not bad stats on it anyway.

so she's back in the saddle again. decked out pretty good so far. also traded a Lem rune for a 198% (200% is perfect) Buriza xbow (loved that xbow back in the day ...the newb cannon! heh) and upgraded it to a Colossus Crossbow. the strength requirement goes up to 163 ...so i have to wear some gear that pumps my strength up ...but man, that thing might be kinda slow, but it packs one helluva punch ...i dunno which is better sometimes ...the up'd Buriza or the Windforce.

anyway ...i'm kinda addicted again. just like old times. :)

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
first real drop of significance on the weekend, got a Lo which I used to make Fortitude for my merc. huge upgrade(playing mostly the summon necro for now).

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
where did the ber rune drop? i found 4 sur runes ...kinda strange that its always sur ...heh. one dropped on the way to baal (worldstone keep 2), another dropped from baal's minions, one from a regular monster next to andariel, and one in the pit.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
where did the ber rune drop? i found 4 sur runes ...kinda strange that its always sur ...heh. one dropped on the way to baal (worldstone keep 2), another dropped from baal's minions, one from a regular monster next to andariel, and one in the pit.

I was clearing out the River of Flame, one of the last packs I could kill because there were a bunch of cold immunes there. The entire area is the highest level and has decent density so I generally run Chaos first in public MF games and then go clear that out later since most people ignore it. Really lucked out because it was 5 seconds before I was going to leave the area.

First time in all my years of playing that I've ever had one drop or have had one in my possession.

Reactions: Zodiac

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I’ve switched to single player until they announce a ladder season. Starting the long quest of completely the holy grail.

I found a ber and jah rune within a span of ~15 travencal runs on /players 3 difficulty. I was dumbfounded. Of course nothing from trav since, but talk about luck. Never had anything close to that before, not even with thousands of hours in og d2 lod.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
just found my 5th Sur rune (dropped during a travincal run) ...heh. it's amazing ...out of all the high runes available, Sur is the only one i can find. the next highest rune i found was Ist ...and only one of them.

not complaining ...i just find it really odd that its always Sur that drops. two Sur runes create a Ber rune tho ...so the more the merrier.

edit: and finally found a Ber rune about 10 or so runs later in the travincal. good stuff.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
just found my 5th Sur rune (dropped during a travincal run) ...heh. it's amazing ...out of all the high runes available, Sur is the only one i can find. the next highest rune i found was Ist ...and only one of them.

not complaining ...i just find it really odd that its always Sur that drops. two Sur runes create a Ber rune tho ...so the more the merrier.

edit: and finally found a Ber rune about 10 or so runs later in the travincal. good stuff.

Single player or multiplayer?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
i was playing on battle net ...but in a game by myself. using a bowazon.

That's a crazy amount of Sur runes. Are you doing a ton of runs? Curious what gear you're using on your Bowazon because I'm building one right now and really struggling to do any damage. Currently using M'avina set and I'm really hurting for mana.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
That's a crazy amount of Sur runes. Are you doing a ton of runs? Curious what gear you're using on your Bowazon because I'm building one right now and really struggling to do any damage. Currently using M'avina set and I'm really hurting for mana.

i definitely have done my fair share of runs ...but i wouldn't say it's tons of them. the other night when i lucked out with the Sur and Ber runes, i probably did about 30 trav runs. ya gotta make them really quick runs to be worth it ...just blow through them. the other times i found them, i was just farting around doing random runs, like in the pit, or a baal run, etc. just lucked out ...weird how its been Sur so often tho eh? heh ...5 of them ...and found 1 Ber, 1 Gul, 1 Ist, 2 Mal and a few Um, Pul, Lem runes.

the Zon i was using for the trav runs was around level 91 and a pure Strafe build. maxed out Strafe, Valkyrie, Pierce, Penetrate ...using the following gear:
-upgraded Witchwild String (upgrades to a Diamond bow) with 2 shael runes as my main bow. (i love the Amp damage on it, the 40 to all resists, 2 sockets, and Deadly Strike per level ...so you don't need any more than one point into the Amazon critical strike skill. it also has level 20 magic arrow as its default attack, which can blow thru physical immunes ...the Amp damage also helps with physical immunes)
-Harmony runeword Shadow Bow on switch (just for the Vigor aura and extra Valkyrie level buff)
-Cats Eye ammy
-rare Coronet for the helm with +2 Amazon skills, 17 to strength, 7 mana leech, 33 all resists (69 to lightning - there is an Um rune in it), 75% less poison duration.
-War Traveler boots ...only 30 something percent magic find on them, just mainly wanted them for the extra damage boost.
-Fortitude archon plate for the chest armor. gives 300% enhanced damage, which helps with the bow i'm using.
-Nosferatu Coil belt ...for the extra strength, speed, and 7 life leech.
-Laying of Hands gloves ...for the 350% extra damage to demons and 20% increased speed, and big fire resists.
-Raven Frost ring
-Nature's Peace ring (i do a lot of Baal runs, so this helps keep things dead ...since there's lots of those guys that resurrect monsters around those parts)

i have 90 increase attack speed (40 on bow, 20 on ammy, 20 on gloves, 10 on belt) ...so with the Witchy bow, i get max Strafe speed and Amp damage goes off quite a bit, which melts eveything.

i have a 2nd Bowazon that uses Windforce and a Wrath Matriarchal +3skill bow on switch. also using a Fortitude archon plate on that zon to help with the damage of the Wrath bow. the Wrath has 30% chance to Decrepify on hit and 5% chance for Life tap ...with other cool stuff. pretty cool bow. my main skills on that zon is Strafe and Freezing Arrow. using Andariel's Visage helm, Highlords Wrath ammy, Razortail belt, Laying of Hands gloves, Ravenfrost ring, and a rare ring with 6mana leech and 15 strength, around 25 to fire resists on it and some other stuff. War Trav boots for the extra damage.

gonna do a Javazon next ...just need a decent Titans Revenge. i have a Chains of Honor in an archon plate waiting for that one to use. :D

sorry for the wall of text.

Last edited:
Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
i definitely have done my fair share of runs ...but i wouldn't say it's tons of them. the other night when i lucked out with the Sur and Ber runes, i probably did about 30 trav runs. ya gotta make them really quick runs to be worth it ...just blow through them. the other times i found them, i was just farting around doing random runs, like in the pit, or a baal run, etc. just lucked out ...weird how its been Sur so often tho eh? heh ...5 of them ...and found 1 Ber, 1 Gul, 1 Ist, 2 Mal and a few Um, Pul, Lem runes.

the Zon i was using for the trav runs was around level 91 and a pure Strafe build. maxed out Strafe, Valkyrie, Pierce, Penetrate ...using the following gear:
-upgraded Witchwild String with 2 shael runes as my main bow. (i love the Amp damage on it, the 40 to all resists, 2 sockets, and Deadly Strike per level ...so you don't need any more than one point into the Amazon critical strike skill. it also has level 20 magic arrow as its default attack, which can blow thru physical immunes ...the Amp damage also helps with physical immunes)
-Harmony runeword Shadow Bow on switch (just for the Vigor aura and extra Valkyrie level buff)
-Cats Eye ammy
-rare Coronet for the helm with +2 Amazon skills, 7 mana leech, 33 all resists (69 to lightning - there is an Um rune in it), 75% less poison duration.
-War Traveler boots ...only 30 something percent magic find on them, just mainly wanted them for the extra damage boost.
-Fortitude archon plate for the chest armor. gives 300% enhanced damage, which helps with the bow i'm using.
-Nosferatu Coil belt ...for the extra strength, speed, and 7 life leech.
-Laying of Hands gloves ...for the 350% extra damage to demons and 20% increased speed, and big fire resists.
-Raven Frost ring
-Nature's Peace ring (i do a lot of Baal runs, so this helps keep things dead ...since there's lots of those guys that resurrect monsters around those parts)

i have 90 increase attack speed (40 on bow, 20 on ammy, 20 on gloves, 10 on belt) ...so with the Witchy bow, i get max Strafe speed and Amp damage goes off quite a bit, which melts eveything.

i have a 2nd Bowazon that uses Windforce and a Wrath Matriarchal +3skill bow on switch. also using a Fortitude archon plate on that zon to help with the damage of the Wrath bow. the Wrath has 30% chance to Decrepify on hit and 5% chance for Life tap ...with other cool stuff. pretty cool bow. my main skills on that zon is Strafe, Freezing Arrow. using Andariel's Visage helm, Highlords Wrath ammy, Razortail belt, Laying of Hands gloves, Ravenfrost ring, and a rare ring with 6mana leech and 15 strength, around 25 to fire resists on it and some other stuff. War Trav boots for the extra damage.

gonna do a Javazon next ...just need a decent Titans Revenge. i have a Chains of Honor in an archon plate waiting for that one to use. :D

sorry for the wall of text.

Love the detail, so don't apologize.

I'm trying to transition from the Mavs set to Fortitude armor and Windforce. I already have Razortail, Laying of Hands, and War Travs. I have a Ber I'm trying to trade for a Jah and an Ohm so I can set up my merc with a Faith bow, and it already has Shaftstop and Vamp Gaze. Funny enough, it's currently using a Harmony bow for the vigor. I went for a multishot Bowazon and I'm wondering if I should just respec it since it's not working well or if the other items will make it worthwhile as is.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003

yeah Mavs set doesn't seem that hot ...but maybe i didn't try it out enough ...i didn't put any sockets into the gear ...so that would have helped. i tried it out about a week ago with my frozen arrow build (which the set is best suited for since it gives a good boost to cold damage) and, like you said, i was starved for mana all the time. the only leech the set gives is a puny 5% mana leech on the belt, which is not enough for good use of frozen arrow. you'd think they'd give some life leech on the set as well, but they don't. i find around 12% mana leech is decent for frozen arrow (it is on my Windforce amazon anyway). maybe the cheapest way to go about it is to use an Amn rune in the bow (gives 7% life leech), a 7% mana leech Manald Heal ring (or better yet a good rare ring), and then socket 40% enhanced damage jewels into the armor and helm? i dunno ...something like that might not be bad.

for my amazons, i shoot for around 950 life in the red globe ...i find that to be enough for pvm (player vs monster) gameplay. i haven't dueled in Diablo2 since like 15 years or more ...so i don't know all that much about current player vs player.

i just put enough into Strength so that i can equip some gear, and then hopefully the gear will have some Strength bonuses on it if i need any more strength to equip other stuff.

the rest i put into dexterity for the damage boost and attack rating.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
Love the detail, so don't apologize.

I'm trying to transition from the Mavs set to Fortitude armor and Windforce. I already have Razortail, Laying of Hands, and War Travs. I have a Ber I'm trying to trade for a Jah and an Ohm so I can set up my merc with a Faith bow, and it already has Shaftstop and Vamp Gaze. Funny enough, it's currently using a Harmony bow for the vigor. I went for a multishot Bowazon and I'm wondering if I should just respec it since it's not working well or if the other items will make it worthwhile as is.

that'd be awesome if u can get a Jah and an Ohm for the Ber.

i found this website a couple weeks ago (dunno how i came across it, because i don't buy items ...but anyway). the price listing they have for the runes can give you an idea on trade value. there's other items on there, too.
Buy Diablo 2 Resurrected Runes D2 Resurrected Ber Rune, Cheap Diablo 2 Items for Sale on Items7.com

i check it from time to time just to see the value of different things i'm looking to trade, or trade for.

yeah, i'd like to try out a Faith bow ...its been a long time since i ran a Windforce setup with Faith on the merc, but i remember it being good. i've seen some people say that the Pride runeword on an Act2 might merc is the most damage ...not sure on that, but it sounds good. you get the Might aura and the Concentration aura that way ...so it sounds really good. if i get lucky again with the rune drops, i might go that route next.

i find a really good merc setup is (i always use the Act2 Might merc, btw) ...Reaper's Toll (decrepify and life leech on the polearm), Guillaume's Face for the helm with an Um rune in it for the 15 all resists (crushing blow helps a ton with Baal, or any boss ...and 30% hit recovery is very nice), and Treachery runeword in the armor (Fade when struck is awesome since it boosts resists and physical damage reduction, along with 45 increased speed and 20 hit recovery ...put it into an ethereal armor for better defense).

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
it's currently using a Harmony bow for the vigor. I went for a multishot Bowazon and I'm wondering if I should just respec it since it's not working well or if the other items will make it worthwhile as is.

ya i love the Vigor aura. that along with the Cat's Eye ammy (30% faster run/walk) allows ya to fly along at a nice clip.

myself, i just stick with Strafe. i tried maxing Guided arrow and found myself hardly ever using it ...tried maxing Multishot, and the same thing ...hardly ever used it over Strafe. so my preference is to just stick with Strafe ...it takes care of everything ...bosses, whatever.

it's all personal taste tho ...whatever ya like. i think multishot and guided arrow would be better suited for player vs player. Strafe seems to be all ya need for player vs monster. maybe mix it up with frozen arrow ...or try the fire arrow stuff (i don't think i ever tried a fire arrow setup).

------
edit: one thing i forgot to mention ...with my Witchwild bowzon (pure strafe build) ...i filled up my inventory with +damage/attack rating charms. as many good ones as i could find. really helps with the damage.

i found one awesome grand charm with +10 max damage/attack rating(forget how much)/and 37 life ...pretty sweet. found it during a trav run.

the charms for my frozen arrow/strafe zon ...im currently using 3 bow skill grand charms and 2 passive skill grand charms ...the rest of the charms are resists and life charms. i try to have at least 70 to lightning resists (those burning/black souls during baal runs are badass with the lightning attacks) and the rest (fire/cold/poison) i like to have 50+ to resists in hell difficulty.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
that'd be awesome if u can get a Jah and an Ohm for the Ber.

i found this website a couple weeks ago (dunno how i came across it, because i don't buy items ...but anyway). the price listing they have for the runes can give you an idea on trade value. there's other items on there, too.
Buy Diablo 2 Resurrected Runes D2 Resurrected Ber Rune, Cheap Diablo 2 Items for Sale on Items7.com

i check it from time to time just to see the value of different things i'm looking to trade, or trade for.

yeah, i'd like to try out a Faith bow ...its been a long time since i ran a Windforce setup with Faith on the merc, but i remember it being good. i've seen some people say that the Pride runeword on an Act2 might merc is the most damage ...not sure on that, but it sounds good. you get the Might aura and the Concentration aura that way ...so it sounds really good. if i get lucky again with the rune drops, i might go that route next.

i find a really good merc setup is (i always use the Act2 Might merc, btw) ...Reaper's Toll (decrepify and life leech on the polearm), Guillaume's Face for the helm with an Um rune in it for the 15 all resists (crushing blow helps a ton with Baal, or any boss ...and 30% hit recovery is very nice), and Treachery runeword in the armor (Fade when struck is awesome since it boosts resists and physical damage reduction, along with 45 increased speed and 20 hit recovery ...put it into an ethereal armor for better defense).

Thanks for all the info. I use traderie.com for values since it doesn't use forum gold like d2jsp or real money like the site you listed (though it's still useful). This price guide also helps when I'm trying to identify if something is valuable when I'm not sure: Pricing Guide for D2R | Non-Ladder

I think I'll try for the Jah and Ohm and see how it works out. It'll just be a bummer if it doesn't since Bowazon gear doesn't really have the same value as other things I could do with those runes.

Reactions: Zodiac

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
Thanks for all the info. I use traderie.com for values since it doesn't use forum gold like d2jsp or real money like the site you listed (though it's still useful). This price guide also helps when I'm trying to identify if something is valuable when I'm not sure: Pricing Guide for D2R | Non-Ladder

I think I'll try for the Jah and Ohm and see how it works out. It'll just be a bummer if it doesn't since Bowazon gear doesn't really have the same value as other things I could do with those runes.

cool ...thx for the websites. i'll check em out ...they look helpful. yes, try to get the jah and ohm for the ber. it might take a little longer to get ...but i wouldn't be surprised if you do get them eventually. people are so hard up for ber runes ...heh.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It’s really too bad they didn’t release d2r with better mod support. Project Diablo 2 season 4 just came out, so much new content and balance changes. But it’s quite jarring going from d2r graphics back to original graphics lol.

would be great if in the future they could find ways to have mod developers release these big multiplayer mods. Seems unlikely, but it would be awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00