Rumor: Dhaliwal: Edmonton Oilers are strongly after Chris Tanev

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
which team has McDavid? :laugh:

Which team has a top 3 goalie? Which team has a top 2 defenseman? Which team has two top 7c in scoring? Which team is first in the league? Which team has 15 more points than the other? Which city does he own a house in? Which team does he know inside and out? Which team calls him dad? Which team did he go to game 7 of the SCF with? Which team did he never want to leave?

McDavid is the best player in the league but when the two teams have a likely equal chance of winning, why wouldn't he pick the one with all his friends on it? Winning with them after a decade of Darkness would be that much sweeter than winning with strangers.

Dad's triumphant return home leading to the first cup win in Vancouver would make him a lifelong hero, Hughes would pass the cup to him first and there would be a statue of the moment erected outside the arena named something corny like "Father & Son."

Being acquired at the TDL and winning in Edmonton would make him another name in a long line of cup winning Oilers.

I know Tanev will play his heart out no matter what team acquires him, but if given the choice, he likely wants to be in Vancouver.

• Haha
Reactions: sepHF

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Which team has a top 3 goalie? Which team has a top 2 defenseman? Which team has two top 7c in scoring? Which team is first in the league? Which team has 15 more points than the other? Which city does he own a house in? Which team does he know inside and out? Which team calls him dad? Which team did he go to game 7 of the SCF with? Which team did he never want to leave?

McDavid is the best player in the league but when the two teams have a likely equal chance of winning, why wouldn't he pick the one with all his friends on it? Winning with them after a decade of Darkness would be that much sweeter than winning with strangers.

Dad's triumphant return home leading to the first cup win in Vancouver would make him a lifelong hero, Hughes would pass the cup to him first and there would be a statue of the moment erected outside the arena named something corny like "Father & Son."

Being acquired at the TDL and winning in Edmonton would make him another name in a long line of cup winning Oilers.

I know Tanev will play his heart out no matter what team acquires him, but if given the choice, he likely wants to be in Vancouver.
I give the [OWNED] stamp of approval in this exchange, the poster you responded to has objectively lost this argument and ought to feel sheepish now.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Tanev and Hughes sound like they have a similar relationship as Huberdeau and Pelletier, Pelts calls him dad and Huby calls Pelts his son

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I give the [OWNED] stamp of approval in this exchange, the poster you responded to has objectively lost this argument and ought to feel sheepish now.

I'm very proud of this stamp.

Seriously though it always blows my mind when some vocal Oiler fans think everyone wants to play with McDavid most of all when they likely don't even know the guy.

Even if team McDavid is slightly more favoured, would you rather sit in a 10h car ride with your friends? Or a 9 hour car ride with strangers.

Tanev and Hughes sound like they have a similar relationship as Huberdeau and Pelletier, Pelts calls him dad and Huby calls Pelts his son

I imagine this is accurate

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010

hey you were asking what we would do personally, not Tanev. That would be my mindset that's all.

Im sure Tanev would prefer to return to Vancouver

thats quite the fan fic though ;)

what argument? lol

he said what would "YOU" rather do. Not Tanev

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
So pretty much what all teams and players do right now. The flames leaked this to start a bidding war. It would be funny. Flames take Campbell and couple 1sts for Tanev. Flames them trade Markestrom to the Devils for their rookie goalie and 2 1sts as well. Embrace the revuild
Markstrom isn’t getting to firsts… that has never happened. Roy in his prime with a cup didn’t get this good of a return.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007

You can write as many paragraphs as you want about your teams successful run that's lasted a whopping 4 months but the McDavid factor is real and helped the Oilers acquire Hyman, Kane and Perry. Maybe Tanev prefers Vancouver due to nostalgia and familiarity but I wouldn't discredit the McDavid factor.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
You can write as many paragraphs as you want about your teams successful run that's lasted a whopping 4 months but the McDavid factor is real and helped the Oilers acquire Hyman, Kane and Perry. Maybe Tanev prefers Vancouver due to nostalgia and familiarity but I wouldn't discredit the McDavid factor.

I don't really care about past years. If Tanev never wanted to leave during the dark days I don't see why he'd want to go somewhere else now that the team is good.

I absolutely believe the McDavid factor exists btw, I just don't think it's super relevant in this case. Same as the Vancouver factor, even when the team was garbage, players would allegedly leave it off their limited NTCs when including the other Canadian cities.

Reactions: Fatass

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I don't really care about past years. If Tanev never wanted to leave during the dark days I don't see why he'd want to go somewhere else now that the team is good.

I absolutely believe the McDavid factor exists btw, I just don't think it's super relevant in this case. Same as the Vancouver factor, even when the team was garbage, players would allegedly leave it off their limited NTCs when including the other Canadian cities.

Vancouver is an amazing place to live... if you're a millionaire

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Kane went to Edmonton AFTER he tried to force a trade to Vancouver with San Jose

Hyman wanted to stay in Toronto, but Toronto for some reason decided to spend money elsewhere

Perry….. you can have that one

Congratulation on being a consolation destination for players that preferred other teams though?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
if youre on your ELC you might need to rent a closet for a year though :laugh:
or be roommates with a teammate. which is actually pretty common for your single players. I know Monahan and Gaudreau shared a house with I think it was Bouma early in their careers.

Reactions: sepHF

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
People are still arguing like Tanev is choosing where is going?

So much wasted time for a topic that is 100% irrelevant.

Being absolute scumbags that respectable clubs wanted no part of had a lot to do with the OIlers signing those two losers.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Conroy and more importantly Edwards f***ing hate Edmonton. Not a chance in hell he’s traded to the Oilers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad