Rumor: Dhaliwal: Edmonton Oilers are strongly after Chris Tanev

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Cant remember where I heard it, but someone said the Flames had been offered a 1st round pick from a Western Conference team. Conroy was hoping a team from out east would match. Could be the Oilers have matched the ask, but Conroy prefers to not to trade him there. Ownership wasnt thrilled that Zadorov was sent to the Canucks.

Reactions: Blueston and Play

Bond

May 10, 2012
Cant remember where I heard it, but someone said the Flames had been offered a 1st round pick from a Western Conference team. Conroy was hoping a team from out east would match. Could be the Oilers have matched the ask, but Conroy prefers to not to trade him there. Ownership wasnt thrilled that Zadorov was sent to the Canucks.
lol didn't care about Lindholm?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I'd rather take a second from any other team
I feel like managing with spite as a number one priority is probably not a winning recipe

Also, I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up in Vancouver to really piss me off.lol
He's staying in Canada that's almost certain. Just a matter of Toronto, Winnipeg, Van or Edmonton. Hell even Ottawa is apparently interested for some reason lol

Bond

May 10, 2012
I feel like managing with spite as a number one priority is probably not a winning recipe
It is the Oilers and the perfect piece for them. Upgrading from a second to a 1st isn't worth it IMO. Treliving will buckle eventually lol

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Oilers probably know VAN is hard after him and by trading for Tanev (even overpaying) they improve their right side while also preventing the NHLs best team from getting better.

Dhaliwal also mentioned ( everything was during a radio hit btw) that Van is very much keeping tab on the Tanev situation.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
say-no-randy-marsh.gif

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
It is the Oilers and the perfect piece for them. Upgrading from a second to a 1st isn't worth it IMO. Treliving will buckle eventually lol
He's the perfect piece for several contenders which is why I'm surprised the discourse around his value is apparently "approaching 1st" and not "at least a 1st"

That being said it's not like you're upgrading from an early to mid 2nd to a late 1st, it'll be like 25-30 pick difference

Reactions: hn777

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
I wouldn't trade anyone to the Oilers. No matter what they were offering.

Use them as leverage if anything.
So pretty much what all teams and players do right now. The flames leaked this to start a bidding war. It would be funny. Flames take Campbell and couple 1sts for Tanev. Flames them trade Markestrom to the Devils for their rookie goalie and 2 1sts as well. Embrace the revuild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad