GDT: Devils vs. Maple Leafs - 7:00PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rico really isn’t worth carrying on about tonight.
His minutes need to be cut, it's time.

He wasn't good tonight, he was one of the worst players for us tonight.

If anybody played bad, he was one of them.

And our zillion shots on goal and all he managed was his usual one shot, with all that ice time he gets.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not going to get worked up about this one. Played well for the most part, just didn't create enough gilt-edged chances.

Zacha needs to get back in. Sit Noesen.
Zacha should definitely be back in for somebody, or go to the AHL immediately.

I say give him a week or two more, with more than 14:43 of ice time. See what he does with it.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
4 pages of carrying on about Rico, he isn’t going anywhere. Get over it man...

Not to mention Henrique played fairly well tonight.

Some people just "emotionally" need a scapegoat. Earlier in the season it was Mueller, now it's Henrique, and neither of them deserved it.

Reactions: Ronnie Bass

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
4 pages of carrying on about Rico, he isn’t going anywhere. Get over it man...
My main point is that he shouldn't be on this team when this contract expires, and since he's eligible for a new contract this July 1st, he should be gone probably before next year. We would be very wrong to extend him. He's not worth it at all. He's proving it right now, that he isn't worth re-signing, if he hadn't already proved it. He reminds me more of my faovrite Sharks player *sarcasm* than anything. Mikkel Boedker, who's probably even worse at this point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Never mind, thought I was on the Sharks board haha.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Geez, I knew Zajac wasn't the best offensively but I didn't think his stone hands were contagious :sarcasm:

Seriously though, liked the effort but obviously disappointing result. As soon as they didn't convert on the 4 on 3 in OT I knew they were going to lose. And I can't believe Hall didn't convert that in OT... Well, I kind of can because he's not the best one on one finisher out there but still. That's a tough pill to swallow. All of this made worse by some absolute moron sitting behind us yelling obscenities the entire game, constantly complaining that the game was boring, and so much more. Terrible.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
  • i thought zajac looked pretty good skating tonight
and the second period by both teams was not good to watch at all

....good to hear you made it to the arena chedda

Last edited:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Geez, I knew Zajac wasn't the best offensively but I didn't think his stone hands were contagious :sarcasm:

Seriously though, liked the effort but obviously disappointing result. As soon as they didn't convert on the 4 on 3 in OT I knew they were going to lose. And I can't believe Hall didn't convert that in OT... Well, I kind of can because he's not the best one on one finisher out there but still. That's a tough pill to swallow. All of this made worse by some absolute moron sitting behind us yelling obscenities the entire game, constantly complaining that the game was boring, and so much more. Terrible.

Funniest thing is the reason the game was boring was how much interfering the Leafs were getting away with. I'm sure the same guy was yelling the Devils are trapping and are boring as well.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Funniest thing is the reason the game was boring was how much interfering the Leafs were getting away with. I'm sure the same guy was yelling the Devils are trapping and are boring as well.

He just didn't watch much hockey apparently. He said "I've never seen a 0-0 score in hockey before" about 10 times. The good thing was I didn't hear one trap reference or people blaming it on the Devils just being the Devils. I overheard quite a few people complimenting the Devils for their speed and skill.

But this whole section was the type of people to yell "shoot" every second while the Leafs had the puck so like, I should have expected this.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Good game. Those that think it was a soft goal don't know hockey. Gory played well, Anderson played better and stole the game. Our PP was very disappointing especially in the OT. Defense played a good game. I'll take the point better than Anderson steals and we don't get a point.

Onto Next Game, Go Devils

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I watched the Devils' warm-up right by the glass and there was someone there with a McLeod Devils jersey, which was awesome aha. He also made a sign kind of copying Kinkaid's post-game tweets, I forgot exactly what it said but Kinky saw it and had a good laugh.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So then, instead of posting 3,482 comments about it now, shouldn't you perhaps be doing that after his contract expires?
He really needs to be playing less.

And I don't understand why his ''Save'' is being defended. He only had to make that ''Save'' to bail himself out of his own f*** up.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
I think the MSG shot counter moved to Toronto. I cant believe the Devils had 42 Shots tonight.
I'm with you on this. Was at the game and was shocked to see the shot count. I wouldn't even say we were necessarily the better team. We controlled more of the play but they were pretty clearly more dangerous in the offensive zone with some of the chances they had. Cory had an unbelievable game and deserves props even though the OT winner was a softie (I didn't see a deflection tbh)

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm with you on this. Was at the game and was shocked to see the shot count. I wouldn't even say we were necessarily the better team. We controlled more of the play but they were pretty clearly more dangerous in the offensive zone with some of the chances they had. Cory had an unbelievable game and deserves props even though the OT winner was a softie (I didn't see a deflection tbh)

It hit off the inside of Palmieris right leg. You can just tell by Schneider's reaction as he was going one way and the shot went the other way.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
His minutes need to be cut, it's time.

He wasn't good tonight, he was one of the worst players for us tonight.

If anybody played bad, he was one of them.

And our zillion shots on goal and all he managed was his usual one shot, with all that ice time he gets.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the 'one of the worst players' thing with Rico. He had some moments, but he also hustled back and saved a goal. I don't think it is worth making him the whipping boy tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce