GDT: Devils vs. Maple Leafs - 7:00PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I didn't get to see the game. I saw some highlights and saw Schneider made some really good saves. Is 1 point good enough from this game? Or Devils should have got 2?
Toronto actually had more scoring chances.

Cory had to make a couple incredible saves.

This was not a game we dominated.

Reactions: naruto

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Didn't we have like 23 shots in the 3rd and OT combined? They dominated the second half. Andersen was a wall.

Andersen was the story.
We had about 5 prime scoring chances in OT alone.

Beating Wpg in their rink would be a statement.
They are strong at home and we still struggle with big/heavy teams.

Need a quick start Saturday.
Can't come out sluggish

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I thought the Devils played one of their best structured game in a while. They were the better team. Both goalies were great and we lost on 3 on 3 play on a unfortunate deflection off Palimeri. Can’t complain and proud of the effort they gave last night. I was still waiting for the collapse and now starting to believe they are the real deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I thought the Devils played one of their best structured game in a while. They were the better team. Both goalies were great and we lost on 3 on 3 play on a unfortunate deflection off Palimeri. Can’t complain and proud of the effort they gave last night. I’m was still waiting for the collapse and now starting to believe they are the real deal.
I don't see a collapse happening - this team has character and skill and youthful determination. I have a hart time envisioning a truly lengthy losing streak that would bury them.

What I can see occurring is them settling into a middling .500, win one lose one type of scenario. Almost entirely because of the lackluster defensive play.

I've been saying they will wind up somewhere in the 7-10 spot (leaning a bit more towards making the playoffs) and I'm gonna stick with that for the time being.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Defensively, I really liked Santini, Moore, Severson and Lovejoy. They all had good, active sticks and quick decisions for the most part. I recall one particular 3v2 that Moore snuffed out that impressed me. I think the Devils win most of those games. Anderson made a nice save on a Butcher shot to his blocker side and did Wood's early shot go off a knob?

Zajac looked good but rusty. Hall is super sick. Boyle was effective with his massive presence. There was not much to dislike other than the pucks going in.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I thought the Devils played one of their best structured game in a while. They were the better team. Both goalies were great and we lost on 3 on 3 play on a unfortunate deflection off Palimeri. Can’t complain and proud of the effort they gave last night. I was still waiting for the collapse and now starting to believe they are the real deal.

I agree. And while I'm still extremely wary of Cory's stickhandling (excellent puck-stopping last night aside), he had a pretty crisp game with the stick last night. Pity to lose the game when they did because for once I was almost looking forward to the shootout with how the netminders were playing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The one thing I wanted to say last night, which I was trying to save for after a (hopeful) win was

It sucks we didn't a game where Lovejoy actaully played well. He's not gonna look this good on most nights.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Hall had a good game but if he showed any resistance at all to Nylander in OT he would not have scored.

Poor decision.

Technically, Hall did the right thing because he was clearly concerned about not leaving his man, but realistically, even if he just makes a half-hearted stick check there he can still stay with his guy and Toronto doesnt score.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
First time we've come back from down 3 to win in regulation in over a decade, followed by one of the best game we've played all year. I can see why you'd be worried about complacency.:huh:

Reactions: devilsblood

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If anything we are due for a stinker.
I'd like to think we had one against Florida last Saturday and last night's loss in a game where we outplayed them, was payback for that win over Florida, which we didn't really deserve. Especially with how bad Florida is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->