GDT: Devils vs. Maple Leafs - 7:00PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate the ‘Henrique is streaky’ excuse. No other player on this team gets that kind of treatment if they take massive portions of the season off. Guess what? We have competition for forwards spots now so this schtick of Henrique doing nothing for large stretches is getting old.
I really think Quenneville or Zacha, can at least come close to replacing his production by the 19-20 season.

With the ice time he gets, the situations he gets, his production is really no prize.

My main argument is we need to not re-sign him to a new contract. I will not compromise on it. No means absolutely no for me on this one. I don't care if he finishes with 70 points this year. That's all the more reason to cut bait, as it means an even stupider contract up next.

And so we don't lose him for nothing, we might wanna explore shopping him this summer, like Shero did with Jordan Staal the year before he was up for UFA.

I'd rather lose him for nothing than re-sign him for anything.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I really think Quenneville or Zacha, can at least come close to replacing his production by the 19-20 season.

With the ice time he gets, the situations he gets, his production is really no prize.

My main argument is we need to not re-sign him to a new contract. I will not compromise on it. No means absolutely no for me on this one. I don't care if he finishes with 70 points this year. That's all the more reason to cut bait, as it means an even stupider contract up next.

And so we don't lose him for nothing, we might wanna explore shopping him this summer, like Shero did with Jordan Staal the year before he was up for UFA.

I'd rather lose him for nothing than re-sign him for anything.
I edited my post after you quoted this. Check it out

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I legitimately would rather see Blandisi or JQ playing right now over Henrique.
Like x21111904904304930493049304930493049304930493049304930493903493049304930493049

I'll settle for Henrique playing as little as Zacha at this point though.

By all means, his play is really deserving of 14-15 minutes a night, not 17-19, like he has been playing.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
I think we should unite Bratt and Hischier. Nico looks like the odd man out on his line, put Zajac with hall and palmieri and Wood with Bratt and Hischier. Opposing teams would have no idea how to defend that line, do you play the speed of wood and let the playmaking of hischier/bratt hurt you or vice versa.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I edited my post after you quoted this. Check it out
I don't expect Henrique to be sitting over Coleman, Gibbons or Wood, but what I do expect is that he stops getting rewarded for mediocrity at this point. And that's exactly what his play has been as of late, mediocrity.

Is he a little snakebit? I'm not so sure he personally is snakebit, he's more than due for a year of goal scoring like this, as he's a higher percentage shooter than Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, etc, everyone but Stamkos. His on-ice shooting percentage at even strength is one of the lowest on the team, so he probably has been unlucky in regards to a few more assists/points at even strength.

The coaches really need to realize that he's not playing very well, he's not deserving of the minutes anymore, he's not deserving of OT. He's not as good of a player as he may have looked at times.

I just hope Shero doesn't make the lethal mistake of re-signing him, which I don't think he will. I've been very confident that Shero will not re-sign him. I would be comfortable with betting that he doesn't, as long as it's not my house or something.

You just can't defend Henrique anymore. Are we giving him too much shit? Maybe a little. I'll be a dead man if I offer him a new contract after this. He scored that goal? Yeah, Kovalchuk and Ponikarovsky assisted on it and they're long gone. And for as much praise as he gets for that playoff run, he didn't even score more than his regular season average during it. Maybe even less, when you factor in overtimes.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Can’t even be mad. A loss in overtime is whatever as it’s a stupid gimmick and they lost on a fluke bounce on top of it. The Devils played a strong game but if you can’t cash in on multiple opportunities, hard to say you deserve the two points. And I’m not even criticizing them by saying that because Andersen was a straight up beast tonight. The Devils were far superior in this game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nah, Wood is a little too raw for that line.

We should play Henrique with Bratt and Hischier.

Seriously though, it should be Johansson.
Damn you! I didn't even realize there was white text on this new format. I've tried to look for it before and can't.

Haha there isn't white text, it's just really dimmed.

Reactions: Blackjack

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Not going to get worked up about this one. Played well for the most part, just didn't create enough gilt-edged chances.

Zacha needs to get back in. Sit Noesen.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't change much, other than Zacha in next game. And cut Henrique's minutes down by at least 2-2.5 minutes. Enough of him already. He's not even invisible anymore, as much as he's just become an eyesore. You notice him out there all night with the time he gets.

One of the knocks on Zacha is that he doesn't shoot enough, and I completely agree with that. 18 shots in 15 games ain't enough, but icetime considered, he really don't have that much fewer shots per 60 than Henrique does. Henrique has more, but not by much. Not even by a whole shot per 60 minutes. And that's a 27 year old veteran of 6 years, versus a 20 year old that hasn't even played 90 games yet.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Blandisi is hands-down worse than Henrique, and JQ is hurt.

I thought Rico had a great game, and I've been frustrated by him this season.

Blandisi is reaching the "zomg call up Bergfors" levels of overrating, damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce