Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) V - Trade Deadline Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think Amanda tweeted on Monday that Hynes stopped practice and just glared at the team for two minutes.
1F532E0C-C4AC-4FCC-B0F6-61EA46D4F8C6.jpeg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
sort of related off of reddit /u/TaylorHallsMouth, since you mentioned star wars and a snake

bpeiHqr.jpg
I am not really sure what is happening here.
On a side note: I went to Reddit once, the thread I went to was such a cesspool I never went back.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I am not really sure what is happening here.
On a side note: I went to Reddit once, the thread I went to was such a cesspool I never went back.
it's a scene from one of the newer starwars, where a sith pulls out multiple lightsabers, but in this case it's pucks

i think you just need to get in touch with your inner millenial, jim

Reactions: Palpatine

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
The idea of Zajac having too much Vegas fun amuses me because he is such a dork.

I feel like Wood could party way too hard
Funny you should say that, I asked specifically about Wood because he seems like the type of guy to "get at it."
He only really mentioned palms with a young guy by his side. He kind of just laughed when I asked about Wood, but not in a "you have no idea" way, just brushed it off, so not sure.

But I did say it really seems like Wood has been holding back since the suspension and he agreed.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't like playing the I told you so card, it gets done way too often here as it is but I was maybe one of the 2% of people who didn't want Brunner and looked at it as a huge red flag when a smart organization like Detroit (or at least they are when Holland isn't jumping the shark with handing out big money contracts to older players in July) didn't want him back, and they needed forwards almost as badly as we did. Time proved that theory correct but people went gaga over him cause everyone was without a canteen in the Sahara begging for any kind of 'skill' players at that point.
The only defense I have of Brunner is that I do think he was dealt a little bit of a raw deal in December of 2014, when he was waived (then asked to have his contract terminated to play overseas) a couple weeks before Pete got fired. I think that should have been Ryder, as Ryder was older, even worse at that point and hasn't even been heard from since that season ended. Ryder was either clearly coasting or just had nothing left to give in hockey by that point.

At the end of the day, Brunner likely would have been out of the NHL after that year anyway, had he stayed till the end of the year. And just like Havlat and Ryder, the interest in him at the trade deadline probably would have been minimal to non-existent.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fun fact, I was talking with a guy after the game last night who works/travels with the team. He said a few guys went pretty hard Monday and Hynes stopped practice multiple times and was getting pretty upset. Obviously they didn't hit it that hard Tuesday night thankfully.

The amount of Devils fans was insane, was out all night, all over the strip and anytime we saw another Devils jersey (which was constant) it was met with fist bumps, high fives and yelling if they were out of reach. Such an awesome experience.
I wonder if our team has a curfew?

If they do, they may not have had a curfew on Monday night, as there was no game the next day. It might only be for game nights.

A lot of people who have discussed team curfews, I feel like they either exaggerate them, or are just joking when they imply this, but so many people will have you believe that it's 10:00 PM or something, which I don't think it's that early in the NHL, unless it's the night before a playoff game. I figure it's probably 11:00 PM or maybe 12:00 AM. Possibly earlier for matinee games like tomorrow's game.

I
know some coaches/teams don't have one and just say ''Look, you're adults, you handle yourselves and if we see a problem, we'll deal with you accordingly''.

I feel like when Lou was here, the curfew was probably earlier than most teams, but that might just be an old fashioned Lou assumption on my part.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Who you guys think starts tomorrow & Sunday & What’s your reasoning for starting each goalie against Kings & Ducks?

I'd go with Kinkaid against the Kings. He's only allowed 1 goal against them in 161 minutes. Also, his numbers against the Ducks are terrible (he's given up 12 goals against them in 145 minutes). Give Cory the Sunday game and hopefully he can finally break his losing streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad