Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) V - Trade Deadline Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
[QUOTE="I think Amanda tweeted on Monday that Hynes stopped practice and just glared at the team for two minutes.[/QUOTE]

So relieved to see the glamour shots of Amanda living the LA life yesterday morning, what with her beautiful cousin being taken by cancer hours earlier. I'm sure its what her cousin would have wanted. I'm just glad we are abel to be along for the ride. And hey, if we can get a Pavel Zacha update somewhere along the way - thats just gravy.

Reactions: MartyOwns

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
giphy.gif

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Agreed, @Zezel22 you might wanna ninja Edit that before you create a firestorm of opinion, we've had enough discussions on what Amanda chooses to post/how she uses her social media, and it never ends well

lol, glad to hear I am not the only one baffled that the Devils allow themselves to be represented this way in an official capacity. But while I appreciate the advice, I will not edit anything. I, afterall, am not the one getting paid for what I post.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
lol, glad to hear I am not the only one baffled that the Devils allow themselves to be represented this way in an official capacity. But while I appreciate the advice, I will not edit anything. I, afterall, am not the one getting paid for what I post.

Maybe you're just not used to the Devils actually having a social media presence...

She's been great and engaging with fans. She's provided a refreshing take on coverage and is really trying to bring fans all types of content. She wears her heart on her sleeve and has really embraced all thing NJD. If you don't like it, you don't need to follow her. Follow Chris Ryan or whoever replaces AG if you want straight traditional coverage.

I digress...

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It must be quite the experience that she’s having. I recall her already saying that she’s never been to Vegas, nor California, as well as a few other cities on the NHL circuit before this season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It’s also pretty judgemental to think she or anyone else has to be in their room all day with grief over a relative’s death that was (unfortunately) probably inevitable for some time. And commenting on Amanda as a person really isn’t team related anyway, like the previous poster said if you don’t like her don’t follow her but don’t derail the team thread with complaining about her as a person.

Plus the secrecy around the Zacha injury isn’t her fault either. She and the beat writers can only report what they get told. It was the same thing with Lou but people weren’t blaming the writers for it then.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Unliking that post, as I didn’t catch the sarcasm on first read.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Speaking of coverage, does anyone subscribe to the Athletic? I've never considered it before, but now that we have Corey Masisak covering the Devils...is it worth it?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It’s also pretty judgemental to think she or anyone else has to be in their room all day with grief over a relative’s death that was (unfortunately) probably inevitable for some time. And commenting on Amanda as a person really isn’t team related anyway, like the previous poster said if you don’t like her don’t follow her but don’t derail the team thread with complaining about her as a person.

Plus the secrecy around the Zacha injury isn’t her fault either. She and the beat writers can only report what they get told. It was the same thing with Lou but people weren’t blaming the writers for it then.
I understand everyone is different, but when mourning the death of a loved one/someone close, the last thing I wanted to do was sit around in my room by myself.

I was given shit for going out and enjoying my life after a direct relative died by another relative. Ironically though, this relative that died was someone that I didn’t give a shit about the fact that they died. Shed zero tears over it, but even when a relative I was close with died, I would have rather have been hanging out in LA than sitting in my hotel room. I felt a lot better when being out and about.

I’m not a cold person by the way haha. The relative I didn’t care about dying was a toxic person. And not just to me, but genuinely not a good person at all.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Looks like when the Darth Vader voice guy turns into the serpent in that movie where the California governor was a barbarian.

That may be my wife’s least favorite movie. It always struck me as very surreal. I think the dialogue is overdubbed and always sounds just slightly out of step with the video to me. I watched it a few months ago for the first time in years.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Speaking of coverage, does anyone subscribe to the Athletic? I've never considered it before, but now that we have Corey Masisak covering the Devils...is it worth it?
I’m considering it.

It seems cheap enough, but I’m unsure of how good the coverage is.

I’ll tell you what, they must be doing something right, as they’ve scooped up a lot of beat writers who were just writing for their local papers. A lot of them jumped ship to write for them.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
The Atheltic has hired a good group of writers, so I would consider it. They had a good Q&A with Shero not that long ago which was a fun read.

I listed to Corey Masisak on Puck Soup with Wysh and Lozo, seems like a good dude.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I’m considering it.

I’ll tell you what, they must be doing something right, as they’ve scooped up a lot of beat writers who were just writing for their local papers. A lot of them jumped ship to write for them.
Doesn't necessarily mean they're good. Just means they're paying them more.

Someone here subscribe and tell us if it's worth it :)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m considering it.

I’m pretty sure significant pay raises are involved but not sure where they’re getting the money from since the Athletic has seemingly only been a thing the last several months. Either they’ve made that much already or it’s being run by some billionaire willing to subsidize short term expense.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

There is enough information available from a number of sources for any professional sports team today that any subscription based service doesn't really seem worth it.

What information that you don't already get do you anticipate you'll get through a subscription service?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There is enough information available from a number of sources for any professional sports team today that any subscription based service doesn't really seem worth it.

What information that you don't already get do you anticipate you'll get through a subscription service?

That’s what people thought about satelite radio versus free radio but it’s still a thing even with terrestrial and other online options. People will pay a nominal fee if they like the coverage enough whether it’s print or radio.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Do they ever tell what the injury is when it’s a short term one? Only when guys are gone for a while like MoJo, Gibbkns, and Zajac do they seem to report it

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
That may be my wife’s least favorite movie. It always struck me as very surreal. I think the dialogue is overdubbed and always sounds just slightly out of step with the video to me. I watched it a few months ago for the first time in years.
I consider it my favorite (or one of them) "bad movie". I saw it for the first time when I was 13. I knew it was bad then but I just loved it. But I also played Dungeons and Dragons 4 or 5 times a week back then too :)

Reactions: My3Sons

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

Just more content. And as Bleed said, they are getting a lot of good writers - they must be doing something right.

I subscribed to the physical subscription of THN a few months back and I have loved it. Obviously it's less about "breaking news," but more articles about players and backgrounds into certain situations.

THN had a great article about Hall the other month, and that was the first time I ever heard about the 4 hour lunch they had where Shero told Hall he thought he only was playing at 35% of his abilities last year. That kind of stuff.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Doesn't necessarily mean they're good. Just means they're paying them more.

Someone here subscribe and tell us if it's worth it :)
They might just be taking money and ripping people off haha.

I think @MadDevil mentioned he was a subscriber.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I’m considering it.

I think they are running a seven day trial, but I think you need to provide payment information.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

just visit reddit, someone always posts devils-related athletic articles in the devils sub...fo freeeee

also, amanda stein suuuucks. i had to unfollow her

Reactions: Zezel22

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
just visit reddit, someone always posts devils-related athletic articles in the devils sub...fo freeeee

also, amanda stein suuuucks. i had to unfollow her

How can you read the article for free through a link? Wouldn't you need to be logged in to an account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad